Is it possible to bypass tmobile tether restriction.....

Search This thread

SC23

Apr 13, 2010
... without having to install a user-agent add-on for the chrome browser? I can't stream netflix on my browser because it thinks that I'm actually on my phone and tells me I need the system requirement etc.

darkside79

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
I'm using the Jedi XX Rom and have been Tethering for 3 days without any issues. No disconnections or slow downs. Even downloaded 6 GB of media files without any issues. Try that and let me know how it work for you. Good luck and it's a awesome Rom too. Peace out

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Reactions: SC23

SC23

Apr 13, 2010
At first when I was on the Jedi-X3 rom everything was tethering just fine. Then when I flashed to Jedi-X4 that's when it started restricting my hotspot. I thought that tmobile figured it out and blocked me. When I have time I will try the latest Jedi-XX rom and hopefully this will resolve the issue for me.

Thanks for help.

hunterjay7

Sep 28, 2011
Washington
At first when I was on the Jedi-X3 rom everything was tethering just fine. Then when I flashed to Jedi-X4 that's when it started restricting my hotspot. I thought that tmobile figured it out and blocked me. When I have time I will try the latest Jedi-XX rom and hopefully this will resolve the issue for me.

Thanks for help.

Sadly I don't know of any way to stop it entirely, but i know it's based on agent strings. Chrome (for PC at least..) has an extension called "CHROME UA SPOOFER", and if you set your ua strings to Android tablet or ipad, you can view the web. But it mostly loads mobiel pages, often which have a bypass themselves to 'view classic site'.

I'm sure someone smarter can shed a lot more light, but that will work for a lot of browsing.

SC23

Apr 13, 2010
Just flashed the latest Jedi-X12 rom and I still get tmobile restriction page. It happened when I was downloading the Jedi-X rom and when I'm streaming Netflix. I figured that when I'm loading any webpage that require lots of downloading is when the restricting kicks in. I guess I can change user-agent on my Chrome browser and any website should work fine, but I really wanted to stream Netflix on my laptop.

RonnieRuff

May 22, 2010
Austin
There are spoofs that pop up for a while and work only to stop working. Always remember that if they wish to they can detect tethering through packet sniffing.

It is their network and they have TOS.

Carbon Nightly | Kroz Hhue Theme | Crack Flasher

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm using the Jedi XX Rom and have been Tethering for 3 days without any issues. No disconnections or slow downs. Even downloaded 6 GB of media files without any issues. Try that and let me know how it work for you. Good luck and it's a awesome Rom too. Peace out

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2