Wood Backs

Search This thread

ILowry282

Oct 8, 2013
How scratch resistant are the wood backs? Do they hold up well in day to day use? Obviously, if you design something like that you don't want to cover it up with a case

Solutions Etcetera

Oct 7, 2012
Sierra Nevada (west slope)
I can only speak for the ebony (not real ebony, just as with the teak and walnut). They feel almost like paper, and they scuff quite easily. Mine had some light marks right out of the box, which I think was from the original inside top of the box rubbing against the phone.

I was disappointed enough to send it back and stick with my woven black back.

Bamboo may be better as it is actually bamboo. Don't know what they're doing with the other finishes, but the ebony one was lousy.

Konno_Yuuki

Jan 13, 2014
«ALO»
I've only had my Moto X for a few days but I've not noticed any visible scratches/scuffs on my bamboo back. I don't have a case yet and I'm thinking I don't need one. Might just go with a bumper and screen protector to show off my bamboo back.

Jan 13, 2012
How scratch resistant are the wood backs? Do they hold up well in day to day use? Obviously, if you design something like that you don't want to cover it up with a case

I just received my Bamboo backed X on Saturday and put a (clear) case on it the next day. I didn't really want to put it in a case, I've always preferred neked. But after my GNex (and OG Droid and Bionic) I've proven that I'm not to be trusted with keeping a phone looking pristine. Anyway, I'm more concerned with scratching the plastic than the wood. I would think some scratching/wear on the wood might actually add character more than anything. Excepting of course deep gouges or peeling. This may not apply to the other wood backs though due to it being a finish and not the actual wood, scratches on those might expose the base wood too much and look odd.

crohit911

Aug 15, 2013
Nagpur
Wood backs are better than glass this thing is a fingerprint magnet :mad::banghead:

Sent from my C6902 using xda app-developers app

ctowne

Feb 1, 2012
Hampton, NH
3ape6ebu.jpg
I have the bamboo and it's been great, granted I baby my phones..

Sent from my bamboo Moto X