[Q] How can I remove my Gmail accounts form Google Chrome's other devices tab?

Search This thread

Javed Saifi

Jan 25, 2014
How can I remove my Gmail accounts form Google Chrome's other devices tab? Without removing gmail account from device. I want that because, anyone can sign in to my account without password and can explore my gmail and other google accounts.

Attachments

• IMG_20140714_230435.jpg
    IMG_20140714_230435.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

pollonamid

Jul 9, 2014
Dresden
How can I remove my Gmail accounts form Google Chrome's other devices tab? Without removing gmail account from device. I want that because, anyone can sign in to my account without password and can explore my gmail and other google accounts.

Hi. I think that's not possible because the Gmail account is a device account. Unless you remove it completely from your device it will not disappear in Chrome.

I agree, you cannot do that. Go to Gmail and Help

Delete or restore a Google Account

Deleting your Google Account will affect all products associated with that account. For example, if you use Gmail with your account, you'll no longer be able to access that email. You'll also be unable to reuse your Gmail username. Before deleting your account, review the data and products associated with your account on the Google Dashboard.

Delete a Google Account

Sign in on the Google Accounts homepage. If you forgot your password, you can reset it.
Click Data tools at the top.
In the Data tools box, click Delete account and data. If you don't see this link near the bottom of the page, your account may have been created through an organization or company which requires different steps for deletion.
Confirm your account deletion. To do so, you'll need to select these two options:
"Yes, I want to delete my account."
"Yes, I acknowledge that I am still responsible for any charges incurred due to any pending financial transaction and I understand that under certain circumstances my earnings won't be paid out."
You can safely select the latter option if you haven't used any of Google's paid products, such as AdWords and Wallet, or if you have no pending financial transactions related to these products.

Restore a Google Account

Having a hard time recovering your account? If you use another email provider like Hotmail or Yahoo as the username for your Google Account, make sure you didn't create another Google Account using that same email address. Two accounts with the same username can't exist at the same time, so you'll need to change the username on the new account first.
If you accidentally deleted your Google Account, you have a short amount of time to try and recover it:

Go to our password assistance page.
Select "I don't know my password."
Follow the steps until you see a link to verify your identity.
Click the link to fill out our form.

Canceling your Gmail address

Note: Deleting your address won’t free up your username. Once you delete your Gmail address, you won’t be able to use that same username (username@gmail.com) in the future.
If you decide that you don't need your Gmail address anymore, here's how you can remove Gmail from your Google Account:

Sign in to your account at accounts.google.com.
At the top, click Data tools.
In the Data Tools box, click Delete products.
Click Remove Gmail permanently.

I can’t sign in
You need to be able to sign in in order to delete your Gmail address. Click here to recover access to your account.

I am using Gmail offline
If you use Gmail offline, you'll also need to delete cookies associated with Gmail offline to remove your account completely. In Google Chrome, follow these steps:

Type chrome://settings/cookies into your address bar and press Enter.
Search for mail.google.com.
Hover over the search results and click the X that appears.
I want to retrieve my deleted account

If you delete your Gmail address but wish to have it back, we work to help you recover your deleted accounts whenever possible. However, within a few weeks' time, accounts are usually no longer retrievable. Note that a successful recovery will only recover the username associated with the account.

Last edited: