[Q] Wrong Kernel flashed

Search This thread

AtzeOnAcid

May 3, 2011
Hey there,

recently, I pulled a really noob move - I flashed an i-9505 kernel (stock, plus recovery) on an i-9195 phone.
I had just flashed both phones a few days apart from each other and obviously,
something with the folders on my PC (or in my head^^) went wrong...

So, in short I have a phone right now, which wouldnt start and could not be flashed either by Odin
or via recovery. I have flashed serranoltexx recovery, Odin says "Pass", but I couldnt start it,
the screen says something about Image size being too large and shows "Secure Fail:Kernel".
Download mode does work, though.

Does anybody have a stock kernel for the 9195 variant? Since I couldnt flash via recovery,
I would prefer a tar.md5 file.
Or are there any other solutions to my problem?

SilviuMik

Nov 17, 2011
Hey there,

recently, I pulled a really noob move - I flashed an i-9505 kernel (stock, plus recovery) on an i-9195 phone.
I had just flashed both phones a few days apart from each other and obviously,
something with the folders on my PC (or in my head^^) went wrong...

So, in short I have a phone right now, which wouldnt start and could not be flashed either by Odin
or via recovery. I have flashed serranoltexx recovery, Odin says "Pass", but I couldnt start it,
the screen says something about Image size being too large and shows "Secure Fail:Kernel".
Download mode does work, though.

Does anybody have a stock kernel for the 9195 variant? Since I couldnt flash via recovery,
I would prefer a tar.md5 file.
Or are there any other solutions to my problem?

What version of rom u have now ?
KitKat or JB ?
If Kitkat try this and see
If not just try to flash a full firmware from sammobile.
From error u got, Knox is active and tripped on your phone
And u also need a new recovery U can flash Phillz touch
Both files u can flash with Odin

Last edited:

AtzeOnAcid

May 3, 2011
So, I flashed the kernel and recovery and had no success so far.
Odin shows pass, though.

I was originally on 4.2.2 but decided then to flash some CM -
I am not sure anymore if it was 11, since I acted mostly in time pressure and out of desparation :( -
which worked quite fine. Since my friend, who wants to buy the phone, didnt want any modifications,
I tried to get back to stock.
After some different (and quite frankly useless) attempts, I read something about being on
KitKat and never going to return to lower versions. Too late for me...Could this be a problem?

So, no success with the KitKat kernel, is there the necessity to try a stock firmware?
I have tried so many before...

SilviuMik

Nov 17, 2011
Odin shows pass, though.

I am not sure anymore if it was 11, since I acted mostly in time pressure and out of desparation :( -
which worked quite fine. Since my friend, who wants to buy the phone, didnt want any modifications,
After some different (and quite frankly useless) attempts, I read something about being on
KitKat and never going to return to lower versions. Too late for me...Could this be a problem?

So, no success with the KitKat kernel, is there the necessity to try a stock firmware?

I think your only bet is to try a stock kitkat rom unmodified ... :(

Reactions: AtzeOnAcid

AtzeOnAcid

May 3, 2011
Thank you so much man, it worked!
Phone is back to stock now, so my friend gotta deal with having an unrooted phone with KitKat :p

Thanks again and have a nice one!

Reactions: SilviuMik

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Odin shows pass, though.

I think your only bet is to try a stock kitkat rom unmodified ... :(
    Thank you so much man, it worked!
    Phone is back to stock now, so my friend gotta deal with having an unrooted phone with KitKat :p

Thanks again and have a nice one!