[ROM][AOSP][4.4.4][N5100/10/20][Unofficial] Beanstalk [10-8-14]

Search This thread

pimpmaneaton

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Okay since the 5120 will not build with the Moretz kernel I wont be using it. I have switched to the Draco Kernel. I have forked it to my own repo and will be updating some things as needed. Have built it for the 5110 and is running smoothly.

https://github.com/pimpmaneaton/Pimped_DracoKernel

All credits for the DracoKernel go to @ryukiri

Last edited:

ryukiri

Jun 17, 2012
Okay since the 5120 will not build with the Moretz kernel I wont be using it. I have switched to the Draco Kernel. I have forked it to my own repo and will be updating some things as needed. Have built it for the 5110 and is running smoothly.

Glad someone's continuing my kernel :) Let me know if you want me to unlock the thread under the Development section so you can post stuff. I can give you edit access to the OP if you want.

Reactions: Senyaka

pimpmaneaton

I've never been able to get wake lock to work right for me before so that is a nice touch.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium HD app

With all of the implementations that I have done for the Touch to Wake and get it to build successfully it is not working. So not sure what to do. I may just bail on it for now and do a new build without those commits as BeanStalk has recieved a lot of updates since yesterday and want to get that out for now.

glockman4519

Jun 5, 2013
Central Pa
plus.google.com
Will be looking forward to seeing the performance differences been the kernels since you switched to Draco. So far I've got the highest scores for this device running the last update so it can only go up from here.

Last edited:

glockman4519

Jun 5, 2013
Central Pa
plus.google.com
So far, it is performing nicely. 19125 on Antutu.. Nice and smooth as well. I still seem to be having issues with Google and loading all my apps. I know that it is not related with your rom though as this issue persists across the board with all 4.4+ roms for me.
Its weird, my apps will start to load and get about 60%of my apps installed and then it gives me an error 920. I'll then have to uninstall my Google account and then resubmit it again to clear that fault. I hope Google fixes this.
Thanks again for a great rom. I really do like the incorporated custom kernel.

pimpmaneaton

So far, it is performing nicely. 19125 on Antutu.. Nice and smooth as well. I still seem to be having issues with Google and loading all my apps. I know that it is not related with your rom though as this issue persists across the board with all 4.4+ roms for me.
Its weird, my apps will start to load and get about 60%of my apps installed and then it gives me an error 920. I'll then have to uninstall my Google account and then resubmit it again to clear that fault. I hope Google fixes this.
Thanks again for a great rom. I really do like the incorporated custom kernel.

I'm not sure if you use titanium backup or not but with the pro version it can create a recovery flashable backup of all user apps and data so when you do a clean install flash rim and gapps and sign in then reboot and flash the backup. Brings everything in and no waiting to have to download everything from playstore. Super handy for people the love flashing new ROMs all the time like myself.

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: glockman4519

glockman4519

Jun 5, 2013
Central Pa
plus.google.com
I'm not sure if you use titanium backup or not but with the pro version it can create a recovery flashable backup of all user apps and data so when you do a clean install flash rim and gapps and sign in then reboot and flash the backup. Brings everything in and no waiting to have to download everything from playstore. Super handy for people the love flashing new ROMs all the time like myself.

I actually purchased that app long ago but have really had way to many issues with it so I just don't use it any more. The important apps i use all the time allow me to back my data up on my external storage. The issue is with Google. After flashing and signing into Google for the first time it starts to load all my apps. About half way through it hangs. When i go into playstore and try to download and install manually I get the error. I then have to delete my google account and reboot. Then sign back into Google and it may or may not work then. Sometimes I have to do it a couple of times.
I just remembered that when I was having issues with TB I was flashing between 4.3 and 4.4. I proboscis should give it another try.

glockman4519

Jun 5, 2013
Central Pa
plus.google.com
I don't normally ask about changes or make requests but I was wondering if the theme engine used in CM11 would work in this rom? The one that is in it works fine but the one that comes in some of the other roms has the updated one that allows to pick certain features of the theme to install.
The update is running great and reboot time is quick. I'm having no issues with the rom at all actually, very nicely done.

pimpmaneaton

I don't normally ask about changes or make requests but I was wondering if the theme engine used in CM11 would work in this rom? The one that is in it works fine but the one that comes in some of the other roms has the updated one that allows to pick certain features of the theme to install.
The update is running great and reboot time is quick. I'm having no issues with the rom at all actually, very nicely done.

I have forked the entire beanstalk repo and am going to be working on bringing that to us. You are more than welcome to track any progress if you want.

WWW.Github.com/pimpmaneaton.

pimpmaneaton

New N5110 build is up, will have new 5100 and 5120 builds tomorrow.

- New Features
6 bar signal for 5100 and 5120 users
Speed dial for those with phone capability
11 new lockscreen handles

Have been working on cm's new theme engine but it is a mofo and not sure if I will be able to do it. I will keep trying and see what I can do. Have spent about 6 hours on it now and failed.

glockman4519

Jun 5, 2013
Central Pa
plus.google.com

- New Features

Have been working on cm's new theme engine but it is a mofo and not sure if I will be able to do it. I will keep trying and see what I can do. Have spent about 6 hours on it now and failed.

We all appreciate the work you are putting into this rom. I would like to see this theme engine work but can live without it if need be. The only real difference between them is being able to pick just one feature out and installing it as apposed to hitting apply and all features are installed. There are compatibility issues with some of the newer themes too. But like I said, I can live without it if need be.
Thanks again, downloading now.

pimpmaneaton

New theme engine is implemented many thanks to Scotthartbti. Also have added new heads up notification background color and transparency. Doing clean builds now and will upload for all 3 devices soon. Also have a new repo that I am building from.

WWW.github.com/Co-BeanStalk.

glockman4519

Jun 5, 2013
Central Pa
plus.google.com
New theme engine is implemented many thanks to Scotthartbti. Also have added new heads up notification background color and transparency. Doing clean builds now and will upload for all 3 devices soon. Also have a new repo that I am building from.

WWW.github.com/Co-BeanStalk.

Yes....... Thank you. That was the one thing that this rom was missing. Nice!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beanstalk-Presentation.png

I am proud to present to you BeanStalk Builds put together by scott.hart.bti. The OP is from scott.hart.bti per his instructions for ports. The first few post will be his stuff and mine will follow after that. This is a build composed off of the CM builds and scott.hart.bi has added alot of features on top of it. So you get speed, stability, and ultra customization ability. Many of the additional code additions came from slim ROM and also Derteufels build and have been modified to work with scott.hart.bti's current setup. A huge thanks to Derteufel and the Slim ROM guys for their work and dedication. Also a big thanks to everyone involved with CM as that is the building stone in this project. Thanks to skyliner33v for the bootanimation and upcoming wallpapers!

scott.hart.bti plans on updating this and adding features on a pretty regular basis, so if you happen to like this, keep checking back.

Like what you see? Click the thanks button or Donate to scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE

Interested in Porting/Building BeanStalk on another device? Check out Post #3!
    If you have building/development concerns or issues, Please visit the BeanStalk Development Thread to avoid cluttering this thread.

Features.png

• CM based
    • Lockscreen background options (Color fill, Custom image, Transparent)
    • Customizable Lockscreen text color
    • Lockscreen rotation
    • Option to enable all widgets
    • Minimize lockscreen challange
    • Use widget carousel
    • Slider Shortcuts
    • Static Lockscreen shortcuts
    • Lockscreen button actions
    • LCD Density
    • Scroll elasticity options
    • Default App grip option
    • Custom Carrier label
    • Dual Pane options
    • Customizable boot animation (off, default, set your own bootanimation)
    • Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
    • Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
    • Status bar color and transparency
    • Clock and date options which includes color, location, style
    • Signal Styles which include color and text instead of icons, alternate GB signal layout, hide signal icons
    • Breathing SMS option
    • Battery styles - Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar
    • Do not disturb option
    • Show notification count
    • Pie controls (need to have lockscreen background set to something other then default to work correctly (dont ask why) )
    • Fully customizable navigation bar - Includes style, layout, color, nav rings, pretty much everything you can think of.
    • Quick settings color settings, tiles per row, Quick pulldown, text color
    • Notification shortcuts, behaviour, drawer style (customizable colors), toggle colors, longpress quicksettings icon to enable/disable toggles
    • Keyboard and input method options which include disable full screen keyboard and auto rotate
    • Kil app back button with customizable timeout values
    • High end graphic effects option
    • option to disable/enable vibrate on expand for notifications alerts
    • Low battery warning customizable options
    • Recents RAM bar fully customizable with color styles
    • Clock widget for LockClock including extra options to fully customize every feature of the lockclock
    • Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred
    • Less frequent Notification sounds options
    • CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
    • Enable/disable wake up on charge option
    • Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
    • CM Performance options and features
    • About BeanStalk option with links to github source and facebook for beanstalk. Also links to my twitter and donate.
    • insane amount of edits/tweaks/fixes to make this build absolutely fly
    • option to use a fully themable MMS packages. You can access from mms - settings - theme settings
    • Numerous other options hidding throughout the build

Bugs.png

* NONE.

Gapps.png

Download 4.4 GAPPs from here

Download.png

***For a complete listing of all supported BeanStalk devices and downloads, please visit www.goo.im/devs/beanstalk***

10-8-14 -- Buids Locatted here-Rough changelog in 2nd post.
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=18264 BeanStalk-4.4.401- 10/8/14 -- Android File Host Folder Has all 3 device builds

Although I will keep helping with those here on xda

***Please keep in mind that this is the initial release and bugs are to be expected. I am working on this myself and do not have a team that is helping me. Before reporting bugs, please make sure you verify everything on your end and make sure you do a full wipe and format first to make sure it is a legitimate issue. Im going to say this once and only once... I am doing this for fun. It is my CHOICE to share my work with everyone. If you decide that you do not like my work, good for you.. Move on and flash something else. I will not tolerate ungrateful people in my thread.***

Installation.png

• Make sure you are rooted.
    • Download both the BeanStalk build and the latest GAPPs package.
    • Boot into recovery
    • Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe /system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    • Reboot into recovery
    • Flash BeanStalk build
    • Flash GAPPs package
    • Reboot

Source.png

SlimROM source can be found HERE
    DerTeufel's source can be found HERE
    Beanstalk source can be found HERE

Donate.png

Donate to scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE

Contributors
    scott.hart.bti
    XboxfanJ- Cause he is a Jack of all traits here on XDA!
    VanirAOSP for vendor/samsung source.

Version Information

- New Features

I have forked the entire beanstalk repo and am going to be working on bringing that to us. You are more than welcome to track any progress if you want.

WWW.Github.com/pimpmaneaton.

Working in getting touch to wake working. Have it implemented and builds buy does not seem to do anything yet. I would like to get this working before I release anything. Its a beast though and think users will like it.