[APP] Spb Mobile Shell - Microsoft Today - HTC Sense\TouchFLO\TouchFLO3D Switcher

Search This thread

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Easily switch between Microsoft Today, HTC Sense\TouchFLO3D\TouchFLO, Spb Mobile Shell!!

I also wanted to be able to put links on the Spb Mobile Shell and HTC Sense Screens for easy running so I made seperate programs with icons for Microsoft Today, HTC Sense\TouchFLO3D\TouchFLO and Spb Mobile Shell so you can switch at the click of a button.

It should work regardless of which language Rom you use.

After install it will be in the Start Menu, Programs, Shell Sense Switcher Folder. The Htc Sense link should work for HTC Sense (newer Roms) or TouchFlo3D.

I hope a few people find it useful.

ChangeLog:
V2. Now has better icons and smaller file size.
V3. Added new Sense compatability and made installed file size smaller.

Mark.

Last edited:

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008
Thanks Mark
I am responding here as this is the correct thread. I solved my problem by editing the scripts to reflect my spanish ROM and TouchFLO (2D), now everything is working well, i can switch between TouchFLO (2D), Titanium and SPB without problems. Had to change everywhere from "TouchFLO 3D" to "TouchFLO", and from "Windows Default" to "Predet. Windows".

treetop777

Jan 25, 2009
United States
Thanks Mark
I am responding here as this is the correct thread. I solved my problem by editing the scripts to reflect my spanish ROM and TouchFLO (2D), now everything is working well, i can switch between TouchFLO (2D), Titanium and SPB without problems. Had to change everywhere from "TouchFLO 3D" to "TouchFLO", and from "Windows Default" to "Predet. Windows".

Thanks to Mskip for taking the time to make this possible.

@Claus: Could you please explain further. What you did is what i hope to accomplish: to run Titanum, M2D V2, and MS 3.5 all on the same phone. I get the impression it still won't be easy though.

Thanks in advance.

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008
Thanks to Mskip for taking the time to make this possible.

@Claus: Could you please explain further. What you did is what i hope to accomplish: to run Titanum, M2D V2, and MS 3.5 all on the same phone. I get the impression it still won't be easy though.

Thanks in advance.

In fact i have all 3 on my phone, and switch them with this nice application, i have included a shortcut of the main script in each of the UI, on the programs tab or plugin.
I modified as i said each of the scripts, replacing everywhere TouchFLO 3D with TouchFLO, so it works for M2D. I also modified all scripts so that Titanium is enabled instead of disabled so it shows in the place of the Today screen.

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
In fact i have all 3 on my phone, and switch them with this nice application, i have included a shortcut of the main script in each of the UI, on the programs tab or plugin.
I modified as i said each of the scripts, replacing everywhere TouchFLO 3D with TouchFLO, so it works for M2D. I also modified all scripts so that Titanium is enabled instead of disabled so it shows in the place of the Today screen.
I will add titanium into the next version and produce some different variations depending on what people have on their phone.

Mark.

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008
I will add titanium into the next version and produce some different variations depending on what people have on their phone.

Mark.

The only problem with this is that it might be language dependent, on WWE it is Windows Default, on spanish ROM's it is Predet. Windows...

GLO

Jul 23, 2007
Sydney
Thanks for sharing this app mskip.

Im not 100% sure but i suspect that running both SPB MS and Sense is eating my battery alot quicker.

Have you noticed this?

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Thanks for sharing this app mskip.

Im not 100% sure but i suspect that running both SPB MS and Sense is eating my battery alot quicker.

Have you noticed this?
Switching to one Today Plugin will disable any other plugins as they cannot run together, so having both installed will not consume any more battery.

That said however Spb Mobile Shell is known to eat more battery. There could be other factors involved but its the price you have to pay to use the program. I dont really see any extra battery drain from running both so you could try using a Task Manager to close any programs that might be running in the background.

Mark.

GLO

Jul 23, 2007
Sydney
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply,

I tested it over night and over a 6hr period, battery drain was approx 50%. With SENSE showing. Task manager showed my SEVEN push email app running, but this was the case before i put MS back onto the device.

I have just uninstalled MS and will see if i get longer than 6hrs from now for the remainder of the day.

I did notice though that after re-booting my HD2 that the MS would load then sometimes flick to SENSE on its own as part of the booting process, which is why i thought that they both run concurrently, just one set to the background (in standby or something like that)

I'll report back within 12hrs.

Again, thanks for making this cab, and this dilemma is not caused by your app.

GLO

Jul 23, 2007
Sydney
Hi,

I conducted the same test overnight, and with SPB MobileShell 3.5 uninstalled my battery went from 100% to 90% over 8 hours.

Push email was still active

Your cab was still installed but obviously not used.

Im surprised that SPB S3.5 is suck a battery drain.

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Hi,

I conducted the same test overnight, and with SPB MobileShell 3.5 uninstalled my battery went from 100% to 90% over 8 hours.

Push email was still active

Your cab was still installed but obviously not used.

Im surprised that SPB S3.5 is suck a battery drain.
Hopefully those sorts of problems will be fixed in v5.

Mark.

corail79

Jan 11, 2009
Thank you so much :) I am a big fan of SPB Mobile shell but lately I was thinking to use TouchFlo3D without uninstalling SPB mobile shell. This program is very useful for me.

kraski

May 31, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Pointui 2.0 is also a Today plugin startup. Androkkid is not. I have both on my phone. Any chance of adding Pointui & maybe a blank option to allow manually starting UIs that aren't Today plugins?