[ROOT] unrevoked3 v3.31 (with support for new HBOOT, now with amend scripting!)

Search This thread

joshua_

May 23, 2010
Hi!

On behalf of the unrevoked team, we're proud to announce the new release of unrevoked -- version 3.3. This version adds support for HBOOT 2.02 and 2.10, and also adds support for the new OTA, 3.70.651.1.

You can get it at our site, http://www.unrevoked.com/recovery/ .

New in this release is ClockworkMod 3.0.0.2. We and Koush have been working hard on getting ClockworkMod all set and safe on EVO 4G; ClockworkMod is now using the latest EVO 4G kernel, for one, and now has nandroid options to back up your WiMAX keys. It also encodes your phone's serial number in the WiMAX backup, which greatly reduces the risk of restoring the wrong WiMAX image to the wrong phone. Please try it out!

We'll be watching this thread off and on. There are a few known glitches; carefully read the frequently asked questions in the "More Info" section, linked from the page above.

Thanks for everyone's support and assistance -- and have a happy new year!

joshua
unrevoked

UPDATE:
I just pushed out 3.31, which fixes a bunch of small issues that people were having, and backs down to Clockwork 2.6.0.1. This adds support for Amend scripting back in, but keeps all the good changes from 3.0.0.2 -- WiMAX backup, and the new kernel with support for new hboot partitions. I tested this pretty thoroughly -- I fully erased my WiMAX partition with erase_image wimax (don't try this at home!), and then restored it from a backup I took with Clockwork 2.6.0.1. My keys were intact, and my 4G still works. More detail about the changes can be found in the changelog. Thanks!

Last edited:

zikronix

Feb 7, 2009
so im guessing you fixed the recovery. because in my testing with the new version of cw...on older hardware with the new hboot it wouldnt back up squat...and there have been reports of people noting being able to flash things with the new version on new hardware or not being able to boot.

thanks for the hardwork

Last edited:
Reactions: Avi15

AGeleff

May 23, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
www.bytenow.net
This is great news.

I'm going to hold off on doing anything for now until the flashing issues are completely figured out and there is a solid 3.2 build out.

Thanks for all of your hard work guys.

bkrodgers

Nov 27, 2007
Is the new version setup to install the old 2.5 version of Clockwork if you use it against an older partition structure? Word is that Clockwork 3.0.0.2 is not backwards compatible with the old partition structure.

zikronix

Feb 7, 2009
Is the new version setup to install the old 2.5 version of Clockwork if you use it against an older partition structure? Word is that Clockwork 3.0.0.2 is not backwards compatible with the old partition structure.

didnt work in my testing...but i am just one person. all though i got the same results across 3 evo's two old 0003 and one newer 0003 (with the new camera)

evohog

Jun 17, 2010
sahuarita,az
Quick question, I don't have 4g in my area yet so I haven't gotten 4g connected yet. So should I flash the new wimax radio and start my new restorations from there or just leave it as is and keep my old backups along with whichever new ones I create?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

davidc23

Jul 30, 2010
did this and it worked :) use it guys make sure you follow everything. Unrevoked team cwr gave me some problems while rebooting it gave me lines on my screen it looks scary but it works so i just switch to amon recovery anyways thanks :)

revel1973

Oct 17, 2010
First post so please be kind!!!

Downloaded 3.3 but the reflash.app won't open on my Mac. I get the "The application Reflash quit unexpectedly". I had done it before on 3.2 and no issues using the same cpu. Please help.

JFizDaWiz

Jan 16, 2008
Niles
running on Ubuntu, ran it in terminal as "sudo ./reflash" as to give it root permssions and it pushed the recovery in no time but has been stuck on "installing unrevoked3 service" for about 10 minutes now....afraid to unplug/close it. any help/clues?

jorge.l.diaz

Sep 1, 2010
no workie on mac

does not work on mac.. help please

Process: Reflash [1592]
Path: /Volumes/unrevoked Recovery Reflash Tool/Reflash.app/Contents/MacOS/Reflash
Identifier: com.unrevoked.reflash
Version: ??? (???)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [1478]

Interval Since Last Report: 67764 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 14
Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 0 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 13

Date/Time: 2010-12-31 18:17:57.903 -0800
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)
Report Version: 6
Anonymous UUID: A75357B4-8467-4198-A16A-F271443B65A6

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:
unknown required load command 0x80000022

jcarlm

Jun 29, 2010
Indianapolis
just did my wife phone on a mac with snow leopard and it worked just fine. the trick was that i had debugging already enabled when i loaded unrevoked so i disabled it then enabled it while still on unrevoked and it worked.

dkdude36

Aug 5, 2010
los angeles
does not work on mac.. help please

Process: Reflash [1592]
Path: /Volumes/unrevoked Recovery Reflash Tool/Reflash.app/Contents/MacOS/Reflash
Identifier: com.unrevoked.reflash
Version: ??? (???)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [1478]

Interval Since Last Report: 67764 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 14
Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 0 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 13

Date/Time: 2010-12-31 18:17:57.903 -0800
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)
Report Version: 6
Anonymous UUID: A75357B4-8467-4198-A16A-F271443B65A6

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:
unknown required load command 0x80000022
same error i got on leopard. you need snow leopard.

Rydah

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 4, 2008
Southern California
How would I go about upgrading my hboot so that I can use the new cmw, and root with this method.

Sent From My HTC Evo 4G On The Now Network From Sprint Using Tapatalk Pro!

YungTab

Jul 8, 2010
North Carolina
I Can Backup My Original Evo Rom But I Can't Flash Any. I Get The Lines Too. Should I Just Flash An Older Clockworkmod Or Just Go To Amon's ?

&& I'm On A Old Recovery ( 2.5.0.1 ) . It Looks Like 3.0.0.2 Doesn't Work . Or Am I Wrong ?
I'm A Rookie . -_-

Btw , I'm Trying To Flash Salvage-Mod .9.3 Gingerbread .

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!

On behalf of the unrevoked team, we're proud to announce the new release of unrevoked -- version 3.3. This version adds support for HBOOT 2.02 and 2.10, and also adds support for the new OTA, 3.70.651.1.

You can get it at our site, http://www.unrevoked.com/recovery/ .

New in this release is ClockworkMod 3.0.0.2. We and Koush have been working hard on getting ClockworkMod all set and safe on EVO 4G; ClockworkMod is now using the latest EVO 4G kernel, for one, and now has nandroid options to back up your WiMAX keys. It also encodes your phone's serial number in the WiMAX backup, which greatly reduces the risk of restoring the wrong WiMAX image to the wrong phone. Please try it out!

We'll be watching this thread off and on. There are a few known glitches; carefully read the frequently asked questions in the "More Info" section, linked from the page above.

Thanks for everyone's support and assistance -- and have a happy new year!

joshua
    unrevoked

UPDATE:
    I just pushed out 3.31, which fixes a bunch of small issues that people were having, and backs down to Clockwork 2.6.0.1. This adds support for Amend scripting back in, but keeps all the good changes from 3.0.0.2 -- WiMAX backup, and the new kernel with support for new hboot partitions. I tested this pretty thoroughly -- I fully erased my WiMAX partition with erase_image wimax (don't try this at home!), and then restored it from a backup I took with Clockwork 2.6.0.1. My keys were intact, and my 4G still works. More detail about the changes can be found in the changelog. Thanks!
    This is way better than that zikronix crap

Zikroniks method is solid. To call it crappy is to want the 'it works but I don't know how and don't care' mentality) (Apple user, I'm guessing?)

When you use manual root methods, you actually 'learn' your phone, and is easier to troubleshoot problems. No dis to unrevoked, but zikronix is a genius, and to dis him, and all the support he offers is the thinking of a caveman/trogladite.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
    How do you install this if you already have clockworkmod as your recovery?
    Guys just so you know in a couple of the other post for rooting 2.02 and 2.10 there are posts with the new Amon for hardware 003/004 and new HBOOt's. If you download the one from the website listed above it is for the older HBOOt's. Unfortunately the two different Amon's are not labeled differently and I do not believe he host it on his xda site or get it from here... This is the modified recovery just rename it to PC36IMG.zip http://www.multiupload.com/H89AODJPP5
    so im guessing you fixed the recovery. because in my testing with the new version of cw...on older hardware with the new hboot it wouldnt back up squat...and there have been reports of people noting being able to flash things with the new version on new hardware or not being able to boot.

thanks for the hardwork
    Do you have to unroot frist if you already used unrevoked 3 in the pasted. Im rooted now with unrevoked 3 but not the most recent build ? also i have cw 2.5.0.1 now will my old nandriod backups still work if i upgrade to the 3.31 verison with the newer cw ? Thanks alot for any help !

unrevoked is only to be used one time. Once your rooted thats it. Forget about it. The only reason new releases come out is to support newer devices and roms.

Stick with 2.5.0.1 or the newest 2.6.0.1 of Clockwork. If you download "Rom Manager" you will be able to see the latest versions. I believe at the moment 2.6.0.1 is the latest fully functional. I am running 2.6.0.1 CWM and have performed wipes, flashes and backups with no problems.