[I815/P6800/P6810] CyanogenMod 9 (08/12/2012)

Search This thread

questionmark

May 10, 2005
leiden
Unfortunately i haven't found any good guides for this, i'm still learning myself.

You can use: git clone git://github.com/ohanar/android_device_samsung_p6800.git p6800
and: git clone git://github.com/ohanar/android_device_samsung_c210-common.git c210-common

You have to issue these commands in yourcmsource/device/samsung folder

Hey many thanks poisike! I recall you from the 8.9 forum and early ICS build! nice to see you here for our beloved GTAB 7.7.

Your git clone moved me one step head, baby steps ( I'm more used to Subversion).
Currently I'm building KindleFire ( totally unrelated) :) but just to see how it goes... CPU USAGE on 100% while building it on relative decent machine WIN7 64 bit QUAD Core with 10gb memory.... 4 cpu and 4 GB memory set on VirtualBox...shall see how long it takes.... writing those line while building lags big times!

I got the info on building this kindlefire custom rom here
https://github.com/JackpotClavin/Kindle-Fire-CM9/blob/ics/README.md
and wonder how similar the process is...

If I get to compile it p6800 I will do a sort of guide...
I feel the more we(people) are able to build the more we can assist you locera and other testing suggestion to be able to avoid build time and report if suggestions are OK...
What LOCERA got is already great getting WIFI / 3G and sound going be great...

many thanks to all

poisike

Jun 6, 2009
Hey many thanks poisike! I recall you from the 8.9 forum and early ICS build! nice to see you here for our beloved GTAB 7.7.

Your git clone moved me one step head, baby steps ( I'm more used to Subversion).
Currently I'm building KindleFire ( totally unrelated) :) but just to see how it goes... CPU USAGE on 100% while building it on relative decent machine WIN7 64 bit QUAD Core with 10gb memory.... 4 cpu and 4 GB memory set on VirtualBox...shall see how long it takes.... writing those line while building lags big times!

I got the info on building this kindlefire custom rom here
https://github.com/JackpotClavin/Kindle-Fire-CM9/blob/ics/README.md
and wonder how similar the process is...

If I get to compile it p6800 I will do a sort of guide...
I feel the more we(people) are able to build the more we can assist you locera and other testing suggestion to be able to avoid build time and report if suggestions are OK...
What LOCERA got is already great getting WIFI / 3G and sound going be great...

many thanks to all

Hi questionmark, so you sold your GT8.9? Haven't seen you in GT8.9 forums lately... We have a very good AOSP 4.0.4 rom for GT8.9 now, everything works except camera. I really miss ICS on my GT7.7.

Building from source is a pain with VirtualBox (believe me i know). Building ICS for GT8.9 takes more then 4 hours for me. I have a dual core AMD with 4GB memory. Thats why i don't really want to build for GT7.7, it takes so long to change something, build and then test.

About building for GT7.7. First you need to somehow get the proprietary files. I can't get adb to work with VirtualBox, so i used a script to copy the files from a rom i extracted.
When you have everything thats needed, then you can just:
source build/envsetup.sh
lunch
make -j1 otapackage

maconsultant

Jun 10, 2011
New York
Hi i pulled the device specific files when i was teying to build my ics rom.. let me know what exactly you need.. once i get back infront of my build machine i can confirm.. let me know if you need anything...

Sent from another Galaxy...
Tab 7.7 GT-P6800

Last edited:
Reactions: poisike

questionmark

May 10, 2005
leiden
Hi questionmark, so you sold your GT8.9? Haven't seen you in GT8.9 forums lately... We have a very good AOSP 4.0.4 rom for GT8.9 now, everything works except camera. I really miss ICS on my GT7.7.

Building from source is a pain with VirtualBox (believe me i know). Building ICS for GT8.9 takes more then 4 hours for me. I have a dual core AMD with 4GB memory. Thats why i don't really want to build for GT7.7, it takes so long to change something, build and then test.

About building for GT7.7. First you need to somehow get the proprietary files. I can't get adb to work with VirtualBox, so i used a script to copy the files from a rom i extracted.
When you have everything thats needed, then you can just:
source build/envsetup.sh
lunch
make -j1 otapackage

Hey!
Still have the 8.9, no way I would give it away for 250 EUR. So gave it to my girl friend for iPad 1 replacement...She has Galaxian-Soup beta 1.6.4 and very happy with it... Me waiting the same to happen on the 7.7. I truly love the device, every time I switch it on..give me the woww.. effect.. that device can't wait having ICS... When seeing 8.9 VS 7.7 could not get back to it...just love it...

Funny I did not mention AMD but I have a AMD Phenom II N930 Quadcore @ 2Ghz and got ICS (KindleFire) build in # 1h30

Package complete: /home/jmg/CM9/out/target/product/otter/update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-otter-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip
3391e9e4b24269c26ea495369a25d287 update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-otter-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip

Next I will try to build p6800 shall see if I manage here in Europe we have long week-end, Monday if off

Cheers

locerra

Aug 18, 2010
Seattle
Build Instructions

Instructions to build (all blocks of code start from the root of the cm directory). (This is likely broken atm, waiting to make sure a few major changes work properly on the Tab 7+)
  1. setup build system
  2. clone the ics branch of the cyanogenmod repository
  3. install local manifest: http://goo.gl/rh5sK (right click and save as...)
  4. resync cm tree
  5. download prebuilt packages:
    Code:
    $ vendor/cm/get-prebuilts
  6. build (will take a long time):
    Code:
    $ . build/envsetup.sh
    $ brunch p6800    # if building for the p6800
    $ brunch p6810    # if building for the p6810

Last edited:

locerra

Aug 18, 2010
Seattle
You are missing one 3G specific file: /system/lib/libsec-ril.so
And a few lines in build.prop:
rild.libpath=/system/lib/libsec-ril.so
rild.libargs=-d /dev/ttyS0
ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength,usehcradio
ro.telephony.ril_class=SamsungHCRIL
Ok, I'll see about adding these.

It looks like it thinks it's a wifi only tablet.
Yup, it looks like this is the case. I'll try to make a new build to test as soon as possible.

stefanamlappi

May 28, 2006
Ok thanks. I understand but without Internet conection i have no Chance To get a file Manager on it. So i cant installed any apps

Sent from my GT-P6800 using XDA Premium HD app

stefanamlappi

May 28, 2006
Cool thanks for the Information:) but i have to wait for any Internet conection to see some apps running

Sent from my GT-P6800 using XDA Premium HD app

questionmark

May 10, 2005
leiden
Instructions to build (all blocks of code start from the root of the cm directory).
  1. setup build system (plenty of guides on how to do this)
  2. clone the ics branch of the cyanogenmod repository (plenty of guides for this as well)
  3. clone device trees:
    Code:
    $ cd device/samsung
    $ git clone git@github.com:ohanar/android_device_samsung_c210-common.git c210-common
    $ git clone git@github.com:ohanar/android_device_samsung_p6800.git p6800    # if building for the p6800
    $ git clone git@github.com:ohanar/android_device_samsung_p6810.git p6810    # if building for the p6810
  4. patch cm:
    Code:
    $ cd frameworks/base
    $ git fetch http://review.cyanogenmod.com/p/CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base refs/changes/44/14544/1 && git checkout FETCH_HEAD
    $ cd ../../hardware/samsung
    $ git fetch http://review.cyanogenmod.com/p/CyanogenMod/android_hardware_samsung refs/changes/27/14427/1 && git checkout FETCH_HEAD
  5. extract proprietary files:
    Code:
    $ . build/envsetup.sh
    $ cd device/samsung/p6800    # if building for the p6800
    $ cd device/samsung/p6810    # if building for the p6810
    $ ./extract-files.sh
    Code:
    $ . build/envsetup.sh

Many thanks for this locerra. About to give it a try. Sorry if this is RTFG (reading google) but I'm at the point of extracting proprietary files. I just have adb working on my VirtualBox. The possibly stupid question being: must I have your CM9 ROM installed to get them right? I read this is the case of other CM9 custom ROM build. The question being
-can I use the one of the stock HC 3.2?
-If not just by curiosity what did the people creating the first build actually used?

I'd like to get wifi going or help test here, I read you are busy testing some suggestion. If you want me to test thing or any other people once I successfully generate the ROM, please let me know

Thanks again.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

About building for GT7.7. First you need to somehow get the proprietary files. I can't get adb to work with VirtualBox,

Yes seems to be long, for me it took about more than 1h30 but less than 2 hours on Kindlefire testing build.

I got adb working on VirtualBox 4.1.12 on WIN7 64 bit host with Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-4.1.12-77245 installed. I attach the Android[400] USB device right at the setting of the VM and enabled USB2

locerra

Aug 18, 2010
Seattle
-can I use the one of the stock HC 3.2?
you can (although, there may be one file that it complains about -- I think I need to remove that one)
I'd like to get wifi going or help test here, I read you are busy testing some suggestion.
Testing won't really help that much -- there is too much broken to worry about the smaller details. The main issue right now with wifi is that the kernel refuses to load modules (of any sort). I haven't really been working on that very much since I would rather use the smdk4210 kernel (the kernel that is used for the galaxys2 cm port), since there are a lot of optimizations and fixes already there -- unfortunately, that kernel doesn't yet work on the tab.

Reactions: questionmark

questionmark

May 10, 2005
leiden
Testing won't really help that much

Ok many thanks locerra. At the point when it makes sense testing stuff let me know and be happy to help.
I finally got to compile it and it took 2h30 on a VirtualBox machine and could install and boot fine the resulting
update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-p6800-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip with of course same things working and not working as your build.

Cheers

Last edited:

maconsultant

Jun 10, 2011
New York
Git hub ssh key error.

Instructions to build (all blocks of code start from the root of the cm directory).
  1. setup build system (plenty of guides on how to do this)
  2. clone the ics branch of the cyanogenmod repository (plenty of guides for this as well)
  3. clone device trees:
    Code:
    $ cd device/samsung
    $ git clone git@github.com:ohanar/android_device_samsung_c210-common.git c210-common
    $ git clone git@github.com:ohanar/android_device_samsung_p6800.git p6800    # if building for the p6800
    $ git clone git@github.com:ohanar/android_device_samsung_p6810.git p6810    # if building for the p6810
  4. patch cm:
    Code:
    $ cd frameworks/base
    $ git fetch http://review.cyanogenmod.com/p/CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base refs/changes/44/14544/1 && git checkout FETCH_HEAD
    $ cd ../../hardware/samsung
    $ git fetch http://review.cyanogenmod.com/p/CyanogenMod/android_hardware_samsung refs/changes/27/14427/1 && git checkout FETCH_HEAD
  5. extract proprietary files:
    Code:
    $ . build/envsetup.sh
    $ cd device/samsung/p6800    # if building for the p6800
    $ cd device/samsung/p6810    # if building for the p6810
    $ ./extract-files.sh
    Code:
    $ . build/envsetup.sh

locerra, when i follow your instructions on getting the files needed from the github portal i get a ssh key verification failure.. i have removed the ssh key from the known hosts file and tried a second time and still get the same error.. How can i access the files..? Please advise.. Thanks

questionmark

May 10, 2005
leiden
locerra, when i follow your instructions on getting the files needed from the github portal i get a ssh key verification failure.. i have removed the ssh key from the known hosts file and tried a second time and still get the same error.. How can i access the files..? Please advise.. Thanks

got the same issue, doing this from poisike did it for me it seems

as I use 3g:

git clone git://github.com/ohanar/android_device_samsung_p6800.git p6800

git clone git://github.com/ohanar/android_device_samsung_c210-common.git c210-common

also before actual building

execute
/CM9/vendor/cm/get-prebuilts

if not then this error

*** No rule to make target `vendor/cm/proprietary/RomManager.apk', needed

HTH

Last edited:

locerra

Aug 18, 2010
Seattle
yup, the address I gave you there is what I use (since I'm also pushing stuff back up), and yes, I forgot about the prebuilts. I've updated the build instructions accordingly

maconsultant

Jun 10, 2011
New York
So it seems to be building now.. If it boots like the original DP1 (Alpha) I will see what I can do on any out standing issues. Many thanks to the OP.

poisike

Jun 6, 2009
Locerra: I extracted your P6800 zImage and its initramfs seem to be missing radio related things, so that's probably why it doesn't see the radio.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've started porting CyanogenMod 9 to the Galaxy Tab 7.7. Do not flash this unless you know how to backup your data and especially unless you know how to get back to stock. If you don't already know how to do this, you might want to familiarize yourself with the process now, while the developers try to stablize CM9. I don't have time to help people unbrick their devices, and will not take responsibility for any user bricking their device, you flash this at your own risk.

If you are a developer interested in helping out with the porting effort, please PM me.

Known Issues
    • HDMI dongle doesn't work
    • Some USB keyboards aren't working
    • I815: CDMA and LTE isn't enabled
    • I815: GPS doesn't work
    • I815: Autobrightness is broken
    Download
    Google apps can be found at http://goo.im/gapps
    Old

Flash
    Flash from ClockworkMod Recovery, make sure to wipe data/factory reset. No whining if it eats your homework.

Build Instructions
    Setup a standard CyanogenMod 9 build environment (there are plenty of tutorials on the web already on how to do this). Then
    1. Add add the following entries to your local manifest
      Code:
      <project path="device/samsung/XXX"
          name="ohanar/android_device_samsung_XXX" 
          revision="ics"
          remote="github" />
      <project path="device/samsung/smdk4210-tab"
          name="ohanar/android_device_samsung_smdk4210-tab" 
          revision="ics"
          remote="github" />
      <project path="kernel/samsung/smdk4210-tab"
          name="ohanar/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4210-tab"
          revision="ics"
          remote="github" />
      where you replace XXX with your device (i815, p6200, p6210, p6800, p6810, or t869).
    2. Make sure that your device is running the newest build of CyanogenMod 9 or stock ICS if your device has it.
    3. Make sure your device is plugged in and has debugging enabled.
    4. Run the extract-files script from your particular device tree.
    5. Run vendor/cm/get-prebuilts
    6. Your sources are now ready, to build run
      Code:
      $ . build/envsetup.sh       # this sets up the build environment
      $ lunch cm_XXX-userdebug    # this selects your device
      $ mka bacon                 # this builds CM
    Changelog
    • 08/08/2012
      • Hopefully remaining wifi issues fixed (wifi hotfix shouldn't be needed anymore)
      • Wifi tethering enabled (no clue if it works)
    • 08/03/2012
      • LPM fixed (can now charge while off)
      • Camera force closes fixed
    • 7/19/2012
      • P68x0: Autobrightness fixed
      • Bluetooth fixed (thanks to lowtraxx for pointing out where the issue was)
      • I815: LTE Modem's massive power drain fixed
    • 7/15/2012
      • Wifi! -- for real real, not for play play
      • P6800: SIM Toolkit Support
      • Hardware-Accelerated Video (Regression in 7/10/2012)
      • ASOP Charging mode (still not really working)
    • 7/10/2012
      • smdk4210-tab kernel
      • I815 build
      • vibration (regression in Alpha 2)
      • 3g data on P6800 (regression in Alpha 2)
      • Camera (both front and back)
      • Regression: Hardware-accelated video (this also means no previews in the Camera)
      • Regression: LPM
    • Alpha 2
      • smdk4210 kernel (common kernel used in the CM9 ports for the i9100, i777, n7000, p6200, p6210, p6800, and p6810)
      • USB gadget support
      • Hardware-accelerated video
      • Rear facing camera (only stills for now)
      • Better auto brightness (values still need to be tuned)
      • LPM (charge while off)
      • Probably other stuff (been a long time since last update)
      • Regression: Vibrator no longer works, we now get a beep instead
    • Alpha 1
      • Upgrade wifi driver to compat-wireless-3.4-rc3-1
      • GPS hopefully fixed (thanks to Alan Orth)
      • Data Usage fixed (thanks to Alan Orth + Galaxy Tab 10.1 devs)
    • DP3.1
      • Wifi fix that sometimes works
    • DP3
      • Torch App (thanks to Alan Orth)
      • Fixed reboot download
      • Wifi partially works
      • Other random bugs caused by building with gcc 4.6 (now using the recommended 4.4)
    • DP2.1
      • 3G/GSM fix (thanks to poisike)
    • DP2
      • Audio works!
    • DP1.1
      • Partial fix for autobrightness (gets brighter, doesn't get darker)
      • Phone like interface is gone
      • P6800: added GSM libraries, and basic 3g configuration

Credits
    • aorth -- set up the device tree for the GT-6200 (Tab Plus 3g), has been a great collaborator
    • poisike -- provided fix for 3g/gsm
    • teamhacksung -- set up the galaxys2 device tree, which was the basis for my tree
    Everyone who is having trouble with wifi, make sure you do the following
    1. Wipe/Factory reset
    2. If you know how make a logcat.
    3. If you made a logcat, post it, and if you didn't don't post anything -- I'm fully aware that Wifi isn't working for everyone
    4. Try the hotfix I've attached to this post

@loccera there is an old wpa_supplicant in the newest build. Thats why wifi isnt working for most of the users.
    If you mean it doesn't have the wpa_supplicant from stock ICS, that is because it is impossible to include a binary wpa_supplicant in the CM build process (if you tried, it would get overwritten by the one that is built from source). The reasoning is that wpa_supplicant is GPL'ed, so by law any alterations made to it that are used in a distributed binary must be publicly shared -- unfortunately Samsung has decided to ignore the law and has not released their modifications. The best I can do is provide a hotfix zip with the stock ICS wpa_supplicant until I manage to get the opensource driver fully functional.
    Thread Cleaned

I have cleaned all of the off topic posts from the last few pages. I remind all this is a development thread and not for general discussion.

EDIT: Once again i have cleaned this thread, please only post here if you have something to add to the development. Lets keep it on topic from now!​
    What I was really doing while all y'all were complaining about your lack of mobile data :p
    So aorth just fixed RIL, the last outstanding issue from switching kernels that has plagued the Tab 7+. Unfortunately we weren't as lucky, and had a few more:
    • screen glitches (which make the build unusable)
    • the vibrator is broken (and produces annoying beeps)
    I'm currently waiting on the note source drop before trying to fix those, but once I do, I plan on posting a new build which should have the following fixed
    • usb gadget support (adb should work on all platforms, mtp should work, usb tethering, etc...)
    • hardware accelerated video
    • proof of concept camera (this and wifi are what I'm currently working on)
    • possibly other stuff that I'm forgetting