[Q] Slow playstore after installing SlimBean rom

Search This thread

mazuno

Feb 14, 2014
Hello fellow S4A owners,

Today I installed the SlimBean rom from spegelius (thank you!) found here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2640732

Although it was the first time I flashed a rom on my phone, I followed every steps carefully and everything worked fine.

I only have an issue with the playstore : apps download on 3G is really really slow, like 10 kB/s.. while on wifi it seems normal.
I performed a few speed tests on 3G and I hit 1800kB/S on ookla's speedtest app, and everything else seems normal. only the playstore seems to be affected.

I did the "playstore update" when prompted (on wifi) but no change. (I don't really know what that did though..)

anyone has an idea ?

please keep in mind that I'm relatively new to this kind of stuff so don't get too angry if I'm asking the wrong questions please :)

Thank you
mazuno

ps: I'm not posting on the rom's thread since I am not allowed yet.
ps2 : European i9295 S4A phone

vanyel

May 24, 2012
Hello fellow S4A owners,

Today I installed the SlimBean rom from spegelius (thank you!) found here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2640732

Although it was the first time I flashed a rom on my phone, I followed every steps carefully and everything worked fine.

I only have an issue with the playstore : apps download on 3G is really really slow, like 10 kB/s.. while on wifi it seems normal.
I performed a few speed tests on 3G and I hit 1800kB/S on ookla's speedtest app, and everything else seems normal. only the playstore seems to be affected.

I did the "playstore update" when prompted (on wifi) but no change. (I don't really know what that did though..)

anyone has an idea ?

please keep in mind that I'm relatively new to this kind of stuff so don't get too angry if I'm asking the wrong questions please :)

Thank you
mazuno

ps: I'm not posting on the rom's thread since I am not allowed yet.
ps2 : European i9295 S4A phone

Which gapps package did you install? the Slim_AIO_gapps.4.3.build.2.zip or gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip from Goo.im/gapps?

vanyel

May 24, 2012
Hello,
I installed Slim_AIO_gapps.4.3.build.2.zip

Hmm.. Don't think it's related to the custom ROms and gapps.

Can you check your baseband Version? Mine is currently at UBMK3 ... No problems so far with download speeds. You might also want to consider that mobile data isn't exactly as fast as Wifi which is tied to a DSL or broadband line.

mazuno

Feb 14, 2014
Hmm.. Don't think it's related to the custom ROms and gapps.

Can you check your baseband Version? Mine is currently at UBMK3 ... No problems so far with download speeds. You might also want to consider that mobile data isn't exactly as fast as Wifi which is tied to a DSL or broadband line.

Hi, my baseband version is I9295XXUBMK2 (what does that mean and what's the difference with yours beeing UBMK3 ?)
I had no problem either in wifi or data before installing the custom rom
AND except for google playstore my data speed is correct everywhere (youtube videos, webbrowsing, pron (lol jk) )
seems like it's related to google playstore but how?

vanyel

May 24, 2012
if you have hangouts installed, pls logout of it then check if playstore is more responsive.

mazuno

Feb 14, 2014
if you have hangouts installed, pls logout of it then check if playstore is more responsive.

nope, it did not fix the issue.

If I install the generic gapps now, will it erase some of my settings I did? because now I spend a lot of time customizing my phone since I installed the new rom, and I dont want to do it all over again ^^

vanyel

May 24, 2012
nope, it did not fix the issue.

If I install the generic gapps now, will it erase some of my settings I did? because now I spend a lot of time customizing my phone since I installed the new rom, and I dont want to do it all over again ^^

Not really too sure about what's the exact problem... if customizing your phone means that you have installed a lot of apps already, get Helium or Titanium Backup to backup all your apps. before reinstalling the generic gapps just in case.

I have already switched to using the CM 10.2 unofficial version by Spegelius and installed the generic gapps. Everything's fine so far.