Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jmz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

What's new in 2.7.0.0:
-Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
-Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
-Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
-Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
-Text wrap in the console output
-Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
-Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
-Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
-Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions thanks to Samer Diab
-Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
-Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
-Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
-Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
-USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
-Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
-Add 4.4 decrypt support
-Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
-Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes

Note: 2.7 marks the first time that we are dropping support for older devices. We are doing this because of the SELinux support needed to install 4.4 Kit Kat ROMs. The non-TWRP parts of the recovery image have to be built in at least a 4.1 tree and the kernel that is included in the recovery image has to support writing SELinux contexts. We don't own most of the devices that we support so we depend on outside testers and developers to help us update devices. In many cases we can't find someone readily. Come to #twrp on Freenode if you want to help bring your device up to date. You can tell right away if your device will support 4.4 ROMs in 2.7. Boot TWRP and press the console button (the square-ish button either in the bottom middle or upper right) to view the console output. If it doesn't say "Full SELinux support" in the console, then your device still needs some work. Help us help you.

What's new in 2.6.3.0:

• Proper backup and restore of SELinux contexts (thanks to Tassadar)
  • Pull in some ROM information for backup name generation
  • Merge all recent patches from AOSP bringing TWRP up to date with Android 4.3
  • Add 1200x1920 theme (thanks to Tassadar)
  • A few other fixes and tweaks

What's new in 2.6.1.0:

• Initial SELinux support (only a few devices, need testers so come by IRC if your device doesn't have it and needs it)
  • Initial support for f2fs file system formatting (Moto X)
  • Update SuperSU install for 4.3 ROMs
  • Fixed a permissions bug on files created during backup
  • Fixed a bug that caused TWRP to not wait for compressed backups to finish causing 0 byte files and md5sums to not match
  • Fixed decryption of encrypted data so that both TouchWiz and AOSP decryption are possible
  • Ignore lost+found folder during backup and size calculations
  • Various other minor bug fixes and tweaks

Downloadhttp://androidfil.es/1mMD

Last edited:

jmz

Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Huge shoutouts go specifically to
@Flemmard @bigbiff @Dees_Troy

I learned how to properly deal with DTB from these guys....

Known Issues:
No known issues anymore

No exFAT support. Need kernel source to investigate
Random segfaults when starting actions. i.e. flashing restoring, backing up. Just makes you redo what you were trying to do. Dees_troy deems this nearly impossible to trace.

Last edited:

boosting1bar

Jul 25, 2013
Hi I'm trying to get a recovery flashed on my phone and I've been working with mike1986 for a couple hours and for whatever reason my phone refuses to flash it. Every time I run the fastboot flash recovery command it gets to: sending 'recovery'... and then just hangs there indefinitely until I reboot. Any ideas? Thanks!

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
Can you pull /tmp/recovery.log and post here. I'm not seeing this on my device

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Just tried to flash it. It worked when I backed up to internal memory but when I tried to back up to the external sd card I got this error:

E: Unable to create folder: /external_sd/TWRP/BACKUPS/SerialNum/Date
errno=13
failed to make backup folder

fix-this!

Apr 15, 2012
midwest
How is this different from the one posted in the international m8 section? I see this is 2.7.0.0 though. Is it wise to run theirs or no?

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
Uploaded a new version. Tested backing up to external sdcard and OTG. Not quite sure what the issue was before

Still getting the same error. I'll be home in a few and can jump on irc

and to add to it.. When it failed to back up I pressed the reboot system button right there. All the other times I would back out to the main menu to the reboot menu.. Now after I pressed reboot right after the error I'm stuck at the bootlogo, no adb access and holding power isn't rebooting the phone either :(

I got it to reboot by holding volume up and power. Booted back in now.. That was odd.

Last edited:

jmz

Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Still getting the same error. I'll be home in a few and can jump on irc

and to add to it.. When it failed to back up I pressed the reboot system button right there. All the other times I would back out to the main menu to the reboot menu.. Now after I pressed reboot right after the error I'm stuck at the bootlogo, no adb access and holding power isn't rebooting the phone either :(

I got it to reboot by holding volume up and power. Booted back in now.. That was odd.

What format is your sdcard in

Fidelio_o

Sep 1, 2007
Adb fasboot flash recovery recovery.img right? Been awhile lol

Last edited:

jmz

Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G

GhastlyTT

Jan 19, 2013
Hampton
re5yhaje.jpg
Having the same issue with my SD card as above. 64gb SD formatted in exfat. System uses it fine for photos etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

What's new in 2.7.0.0:
    -Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
    -Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
    -Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
    -Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
    -Text wrap in the console output
    -Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
    -Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
    -Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
    -Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions thanks to Samer Diab
    -Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
    -Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
    -Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
    -Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
    -USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
    -Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
    -Add 4.4 decrypt support
    -Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
    -Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes

Note: 2.7 marks the first time that we are dropping support for older devices. We are doing this because of the SELinux support needed to install 4.4 Kit Kat ROMs. The non-TWRP parts of the recovery image have to be built in at least a 4.1 tree and the kernel that is included in the recovery image has to support writing SELinux contexts. We don't own most of the devices that we support so we depend on outside testers and developers to help us update devices. In many cases we can't find someone readily. Come to #twrp on Freenode if you want to help bring your device up to date. You can tell right away if your device will support 4.4 ROMs in 2.7. Boot TWRP and press the console button (the square-ish button either in the bottom middle or upper right) to view the console output. If it doesn't say "Full SELinux support" in the console, then your device still needs some work. Help us help you.

What's new in 2.6.3.0:

• Proper backup and restore of SELinux contexts (thanks to Tassadar)
    • Pull in some ROM information for backup name generation
    • Merge all recent patches from AOSP bringing TWRP up to date with Android 4.3
    • Add 1200x1920 theme (thanks to Tassadar)
    • A few other fixes and tweaks

What's new in 2.6.1.0:

• Initial SELinux support (only a few devices, need testers so come by IRC if your device doesn't have it and needs it)
    • Initial support for f2fs file system formatting (Moto X)
    • Update SuperSU install for 4.3 ROMs
    • Fixed a permissions bug on files created during backup
    • Fixed a bug that caused TWRP to not wait for compressed backups to finish causing 0 byte files and md5sums to not match
    • Fixed decryption of encrypted data so that both TouchWiz and AOSP decryption are possible
    • Ignore lost+found folder during backup and size calculations
    • Various other minor bug fixes and tweaks

Downloadhttp://androidfil.es/1mMD
    Huge shoutouts go specifically to
    @Flemmard @bigbiff @Dees_Troy

I learned how to properly deal with DTB from these guys....

Known Issues:
    No known issues anymore

No exFAT support. Need kernel source to investigate
    Random segfaults when starting actions. i.e. flashing restoring, backing up. Just makes you redo what you were trying to do. Dees_troy deems this nearly impossible to trace.
    How is this different from the one posted in the international m8 section? I see this is 2.7.0.0 though. Is it wise to run theirs or no?

I'm curious to know too.

this is built from source. Not ported from M7. plus this supports external sdcard
    Uploaded a new version. 2.7.0.2 This has working offmode charging
    JMZ,

Just so I am clear, use this version for AT&T, not the 2.7.0.2? The only reason I ask is because the title of the thread still refers to 2.7.0.0. I know I read that you have updated it to the 2.7.0.2. I don't want to make a mistake though. :)

He just hasn't updated the thread title. 2.7.0.2 works fine for AT&T. It's what I'm running.