[Q] Installing 2nd Bootloader led to Kindle not turning on

Search This thread

XboxOmac

Nov 21, 2010
Tempe
Hello,

I recently asked about how to root the kindle fire hd 7 (2nd generation), which I got to work. I was able to root it and start messing around with it.

I wanted to flash a rom onto my kindle, but after following the steps on this tutorial: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2128848
the thread said if everything was followed correctly, then you wouldn't have a problem. I did follow everything as far as I know, but when I waited for the reboot part of installing the bootloader and stuff, it simply stayed black.

I have tried turning it on and charging it and other things, and it just doesn't come on. I figured I could reinstall the partition back to FireOS, but I can't even get to fastboot in the first place unless it's able to turn on.

Any help with this?

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
You probably hard bricked it, the 2013 models can't have twrp+2nd bootloader on them, the exploit isn't compatible, so if you downgraded the bootloader to one from the previous generation's kindles, then you hard bricked it.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Is there no recoverable form of hard-brick?

I don't think we have the process completed yet, but more or less it involves soldering a sdcard reader to the kindles emmc contact points on the motherboard, i think someone was mapping them out but hasnt mapped them all out yet. The process to map them out involves taking the emmc off the kindle so not too many people are into doing it. But the actual fix is not that complicated, you just have to be decent with a soldering iron, and flash the original bootloader from a linux os like ubuntu. It's been done on the kf2 and hd 8.9" models.