Tab 3 8 official kikat update (T310) + root instrucions

Search This thread

Lakland

Jan 18, 2012
Puerto Rico
Yes I did factory reset, same issue

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

vu7yvy2a.jpg
no wifi icon

I reflash again via odin, wifi icon and wifi options are back. Netflix control icons are messed up.

tekkin

Dec 5, 2009
After upgrading to Kit Kat now my tablet does not work with Miracast anymore. It worked fine yesterday, when I had JellyBean running.

When I launch the screen mirroring app on my tablet, it scans and finds my miracast dongle. I can see it acquiring an IP address and it shows it as connected, but after 1 second I get a message saying something like "Unable to start Screen Mirroring because of a hardware issue"

I've tried rebooting all my devices but no luck. It seems as it's a known issue ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2542509&nocache=1 ?

Anyone tried screen mirroring with KitKat ?

Hi,i had the same error,that no problem,use Odin3 and your T310XXUBNE9_T310DBTBNF2_HOME.tar and every thing should be fine after that.For me it has after that working,but when i install the CF-Auto-root i have the same porblems after that how you.Now i have done use Odin3 again,and every thing is OK(but without Root :( ) .

is it posible to use Miracast and have Root?

If that helped you,give me a thanks.Thanks :D

Reactions: sylvestor2013

Luis_0

Jul 8, 2014
Here is an unexpected suprise...
If you happen to flash cf-auto-root after flashing a custom recovery the device reverts back to official status:good:

Clearly samsung did not want their developers to waste much time in the firmware:D:D:D:D

Hey man I'm really confused... I have my Tab 3 8.0 rooted with customer recovery. Can I put the 4.4.2 ROM on the SD without computer?
Do I need to Install the update via computer using ODIN still having ROOT in my android? Please answer :fingers-crossed:

sylvestor2013

Dec 15, 2012
Hi,i had the same error,that no problem,use Odin3 and your T310XXUBNE9_T310DBTBNF2_HOME.tar and every thing should be fine after that.For me it has after that working,but when i install the CF-Auto-root i have the same porblems after that how you.Now i have done use Odin3 again,and every thing is OK(but without Root :( ) .

is it posible to use Miracast and have Root?

If that helped you,give me a thanks.Thanks :D

Thanks. For now, I will hold off trying your method as I need root (cf-auto-root.)

007Uzzi

Jul 18, 2014
Great work, faria. Successfully installed it on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 WiFi only (SM-T310).:D
I installed the update and got root. Everything works including the wifi icon which somebody said dissappears.
It's a bit laggy after flashing the rom (NO DATA LOST) but it's all fixed after factory wipe.
I put some screenshots below.
The thing I hate is the new video app. Can someone PLEASE :crying: post an apk to the older version of the video app.:victory: (screenshot below)
The only thing is I didn't have guts to install custom recovery. :p
Battery life still the same from before.:D
I'm new to xda so take it easy:)

1405685365849.jpg
1405685393061.jpg
1405685428064.jpg
1405685466496.jpg
1405685529333.jpg
1405685493883.jpg
1405685580131.jpg

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA Free mobile app

Smokey Mc Pot

Mar 23, 2013
? The only thing that I really miss from the JB firmware is the "Dolby" sound in the video app... it used to have a great sound effect.

007Uzzi

Jul 18, 2014
? The only thing that I really miss from the JB firmware is the "Dolby" sound in the video app... it used to have a great sound effect.

If only someone could give us the apk to the jelly bean video app ?

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

If only someone could give us the apk to the jelly bean video app ?

Or even port the damn video app....?☺Anybody please.... For the sake of the community.
The kitkat video app is terrible and there's no dolby sound effects.?

clemmie

Dec 30, 2010
I've had great success with the vlc player video app. I actually switched it to my default. Give that a shot.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: 007Uzzi

007Uzzi

Jul 18, 2014
I've had great success with the vlc player video app. I actually switched it to my default. Give that a shot.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Free mobile app

Cool, I like the video sound effects☺
But I still think the original jb video player is in it's own league because its more easy to use and the ui is more neater. But thanks I love this vlc player. I totally forgot about it when I upgraded to kitkat.☺
If anybody could still try to get the old jb video player back for us, it will be much appreciated. ?
And if anyone needs help with any of this kitkat upgrade stuff, I would be glad to help.

007Uzzi

Jul 18, 2014
Mx player is even better. With the s/w audio decoder you can boost the sound up to number 30 which is exactly 200% louder volume without sound distortion. ☺☺☺

I think that is all to kitkat and it's safe to upgrade.?☺?

Sent from my expensive toaster using XDA Free mobile app?

marek_poland

Aug 2, 2012
Torun
But on JB's video player there was really great drivers. In my opinion with the Dolby there was awesome bass booster on tablet's speakers, which isn't present on actual KitKat builds video player, especially in MxPlayer which I'm using.
Sorry for bad English:)
Best greetings

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

007Uzzi

Jul 18, 2014
But on JB's video player there was really great drivers. In my opinion with the Dolby there was awesome bass booster on tablet's speakers, which isn't present on actual KitKat builds video player, especially in MxPlayer which I'm using.
Sorry for bad English:)
Best greetings

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Yea! We need the jb video player! ☺☺☺
Can anyone get it for us?
I tried every player but the jb video player stands out of them all.
Faria? Anyone? Unfortunately I'm not a developer.?
And if someone can get it for us then everyone gains benefit from it.
Please help us in this regard. ☺

lin_ux

I've managed to get hold of the Video Player from JellyBean if anyone wants to have a go at trying to install it in KitKat.
Please let us know how it goes, and how you managed to achieve it.

Attachments

• SecTabletVideoPlayer.apk
    10 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:

007Uzzi

Jul 18, 2014
I've managed to get hold of the Video Player from JellyBean if anyone wants to have a go at trying to install it in KitKat.

Unfortunately it doesn't work.
It first said "application not installed" when the I was installing the apk as an update to the original video app.
When placed it in the system/app, it says parsing error, when trying to install from that directory.
I'm not an android expert but I think someone will have to "port" it for us.
Nice try though, @lin_ux

Sent from my Kitkat wrapper ☺

Smokey Mc Pot

Mar 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing!
(Reason for the ?deserved.)
I'm not really bothered about the Video apk.

What I'm actually looking for, is the "Dolby" apk that was part of the JB firmware.
Can you share that?
I tried looking for it everywhere in the net, but didn't found any compatible for the Samsung Tab yet...

I don't understand why samsung removed it from the firmware?!

lin_ux

Thank you for sharing!
(Reason for the ?deserved.)
I'm not really bothered about the Video apk.

What I'm actually looking for, is the "Dolby" apk that was part of the JB firmware.
Can you share that?
I tried looking for it everywhere in the net, but didn't found any compatible for the Samsung Tab yet...

I don't understand why samsung removed it from the firmware?!

Thanks for the "Thanks" ;)
I'm in the same boat as you guys, I've already upgraded to KitKat so I don't actually have any of the old JellyBean app versions anymore on my T310.
I obtained the file I posted above from asking for it on another forum which somebody kindly extracted from their device. I tried to install it myself but had no joy, but thought it worth posting here for others to try just in case.
It looks like we are not going to be able to revert to the old video player, and getting the Dolby function back again will be a struggle, maybe not even possible, which is a shame. Having the Dolby feature made media playback using the built-in speakers sound so much better.

Other than the missing Dolby, my installation of KK is running pretty good, I'v made several system tweaks and removed a huge number of the Samsung apps to make it leaner. The first thing I had to do was turn off the stupid KK permissions for the SD card so that it is accessible fro all apps and works like it does in JellyBean.

007Uzzi

Jul 18, 2014
Thanks for the "Thanks" ;)
I'm in the same boat as you guys, I've already upgraded to KitKat so I don't actually have any of the old JellyBean app versions anymore on my T310.
I obtained the file I posted above from asking for it on another forum which somebody kindly extracted from their device. I tried to install it myself but had no joy, but thought it worth posting here for others to try just in case.
It looks like we are not going to be able to revert to the old video player, and getting the Dolby function back again will be a struggle, maybe not even possible, which is a shame. Having the Dolby feature made media playback using the built-in speakers sound so much better.

Other than the missing Dolby, my installation of KK is running pretty good, I'v made several system tweaks and removed a huge number of the Samsung apps to make it leaner. The first thing I had to do was turn off the stupid KK permissions for the SD card so that it is accessible fro all apps and works like it does in JellyBean.

Me too! That kitkat sd problem was giving me beans.
I agree, forget the video apk. What I actually needed was the Dolby sound effects.
It would be nice if someone who hasn't upgraded to kitkat, try to extract it for us.☺

n3n3

Feb 20, 2012
Help. My tablet galaxy tab 3 sm-t3110 8' . I cant find rom, cwm, i am lost.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.android.gs/galaxy-tab-3-8-0-wi-fi-android-4-4-2-ota-update-available-for-installation/
    f8iQiPthKphedyuS-OwQ8GDLluuNjKY0GnsLZrpcIT-o=w541-h865-no
    Screenshot_2014-06-20-03-56-40.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-20-03-57-29.png

Warning!!!
    Locked boot-loader, once you flash this update you cant downgrade (at Present)

Rom has no knox counter ( warranty Bit) or binary counter.
    Rom used to downgrades was T310XXUAMF1_T310OXXAMF1_HOME.tar

Another safe way of trying this rom without fear, is flashing it with mobile odin,mobile odin does not flash boot-loaders so you are safe to downgrade etc.
    you may find that you WiFi does not work when rom flashed with mobile odin, that means that the older boot loader is not compatible with the new rom.

Update 1

Once You flash the rom the device will reboot several times, because my previous rom was customized i had to perform a hard reset.

this rom has some kind of KNOX according to superuser

The rom also adds a new entry to download mode AP SWREV: A1

How to root?

download Cf-auto-root from here and flash it via odin then go to google play and install superuser from chainfire, launch it and update normally.

UPDATE 2...
    Rom has a watered down version of knox but no common KNOX entrie in download mode.

Q:Can i install a custom recovery is this rom?
    A: YES.
    Warning!!!
    Locked boot-loader, once you flash this update you cant downgrade (at Present)

Rom has no knox counter ( warranty Bit) or binary counter.
    Rom used to downgrades was T310XXUAMF1_T310OXXAMF1_HOME.tar

Another safe way of trying this rom without fear, is flashing it with mobile odin,mobile odin does not flash boot-loaders so you are safe to downgrade etc.
    you may find that you WiFi does not work when rom flashed with mobile odin, that means that the older boot loader is not compatible with the new rom.

Q:Can i install a custom recovery is this rom?
    A: YES.
    I am not much into rooting so i needed a bit of help.
    I was able to flash the kitkat rom manually.
    now i want to root, so i wanted to ask you which version of odin should i use to flash cf auto root file and which all boxes should be ticked in odin.

if u could please give me a link of the correct odin version, that would be a great help. And also tell which boxes to tick in odin.

Thanks a lot :)

Use the same version you used for kitkat. The first box should be blue and auto reboot unchecked. Everything else is the same. click on ap and choose the cf auto file (post #1). Then click start. It will about 10 seconds and say reset. The keep it still pluged in and hold the power button to shutdown. It won't shutdown but actually reboot. The Samsung tab 3 sign will show, then the scary cf auto root red bot page and then continues with normal startup except it will say android updating. Grab a cup of coffee and give around 15 to 30 mins. When it's done, unlock your phone and go to super su. It will say knox detected, do you want to remove,Select yes. Then let it's binaries update. After that you ready to roll. Cheers☺☺☺

Don't forget to smash my thanks button!☺?

Sent from my expensive toaster.

here, running latest cm build to date:

Well its official, custom kernels are supported!:laugh:
    the only thing we cant change is the bootloader, but at this stage who cares!

Many thanks.