How many Nexus S phones has been sold?

Search This thread

retskrad

Oct 7, 2010
As the title says, how many? I heard Nexus S sold way more than Nexus S. Is that True? Is there an approximate number of how many sales?

retskrad

Oct 7, 2010
Well, my question is: how many total phones of Nexus S has been sold until now? And well I have read that it sold waay more than Nexus One, so yeah I would like to know that too, if it's true or not :)

RogerPodacter

Apr 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
nobody really knows. but a few weeks ago, the OS version numbers were released, and a few sites extrapolated based on those numbers. since at that time, onle one phone, the nexus s, was on gingerbread, and the number was 0.3% of android phones were on gingerbread based on the numbers.

so from that, knowing that 300k phones are sold each day, and the nexus s has been out for 1.5 months, only about 40k nexus s phones were purchased.

this is highly subjective, but you get the idea.

RogerPodacter

Apr 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
sorry but you cant count like that ... i got 2.3 in mei HTC Desire befor the Nexus S was sold ... now i have 2.3.2 on my Nexus S and on my HTC Desire ... so ...

ok so then you are saying that other phones besides the nexus s could potentially appear as running 2.3. so then that "calculated" number would be the theoretical maximum, and likely will be lower since other phones would show up as 2.3. i think it at least gives a rough estimate of the number of nexus s phones in the wild.

it certainly shows that the number of nexus s phones is closer to 30k and not 1 million. just a ballpark figure.