New phone, yellow tint

Search This thread

Bipo

Sep 30, 2010
Montpellier
Hi,

Just received a new One, after 9 month, because the front camera died. It is refurbished but in very good condition, no scratch whatsoever.

Unfortunately it has a strong yellow tint.

Serial begins with FA35.

Do you guys know something about this problem? Is it common? Could there be some stuff on the screen from the refurbish process causing this?

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN
Hi,

Just received a new One, after 9 month, because the front camera died. It is refurbished but in very good condition, no scratch whatsoever.

Unfortunately it has a strong yellow tint.

Serial begins with FA35.

Do you guys know something about this problem? Is it common? Could there be some stuff on the screen from the refurbish process causing this?

Does the screen have a tint or the camera??
Its quite bizzare TBH. I dont think anyone on xda has raised a yellow tint issue.......

Bipo

Sep 30, 2010
Montpellier
Does the screen have a tint or the camera??
Its quite bizzare TBH. I dont think anyone on xda has raised a yellow tint issue.......

From what I've read it happened to quite a few.
It's really really on the warm side lets say, but it looks yellowish to me. Definitely less easy to read.
Checked the screen manufacturer, I've got the one made by sony-toshiba (not the samsung or the sharp).

Well I'm disappointed but if there is no "fix" or efficient tinkering, I'll let it go, I'm tired of battling between broken devices and warranties these last times. Yellowish screen it'll be.

thanks for answering :)

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN
From what I've read it happened to quite a few.
It's really really on the warm side lets say, but it looks yellowish to me. Definitely less easy to read.
Checked the screen manufacturer, I've got the one made by sony-toshiba (not the samsung or the sharp).

Well I'm disappointed but if there is no "fix" or efficient tinkering, I'll let it go, I'm tired of battling between broken devices and warranties these last times. Yellowish screen it'll be.

thanks for answering :)

Well, this is a 100% hardware issue. So, your only option would be to send for repair. But if you dont want to deal with warranties, etc, then i think you will have to live with the defective screen