[ROM]MyTouch4G Slide CM7 SelfKang Alphafied Number 1 (11/1) - 2.3.7

Search This thread

kornyone

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 26, 2008
Mountain View, CA
github.com
CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

This is an alpha release, but you should find it stable for everyday use.

THIS IS NOT HTC SENSE AND NEVER WILL BE. DO NOT ASK ABOUT IT IN THIS THREAD. THANK YOU.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code will eventually available at the CyanogenMod Github!

Kernel source code is availible at kornyone's github!

If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance.

INSTRUCTIONS:
- First time flashing CM 7 to your MyTouch4g Slide (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager.
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
3. WIPE
4. Install the ROM
5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM7 or nightly build?
1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred
- Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

*Coming soon* Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

Download Link
MD5: 8dd9c320602989c8c4715098292d0e0c

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!

The current buglist:
- Recording in HD Video is limited to 720p currently.
- Camera zoom is limited to 2X.
- Certain browser issues, such as reported crashes and flash 11 movie compatibility issues. (CyanogenMod).

Other than those (relatively) minor bugs, this rom is perfect.

New Changes
- New release SelfKang1.
- All the good stuff in CM 7.1 / AOSP 2.3.7. I suggest looking at the official changelog for more information.

Please note flashing someone else's kernel may ruin your experience with this rom and I advise against it. This rom was a joint effort between Kmobs, Bumblebee, cretin45, toastcfh, defer, myself, and the rest of the CM team.

I am one of the newest members of TeamDouche (CyanogenMod), brought in to grow and maintain device support for the MyTouch4G Slide (Doubleshot).

Last edited:

Undeadk9

Aug 24, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
Dude, you my friend are the ****. I cant even begin to say how thank ful I am right now. Is the source code up? Im going to have a little fun :)

Sent from my Senseless Doubleshot using xda premium

damnitpud

Jul 6, 2007
RI
You guys are awesome! I installed ubuntu in a VM and was setting up my enviroment to try and do this!

Sadly my battery is at 10% but i will be flashing this in the morning...thank you!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

Etn40ff

Jul 11, 2010
You rule

Yes!

PS: I know it is an early stage but is there any work in the direction of a working tv-out?

HebrewToYou

Feb 9, 2010
Try fixing permissions...and while you are in rom manager Flash v5.0.2.7 CWM RECOVERY. We now have official support.
The official recovery was the first thing I flashed. ;)

Odd that this would be necessary, but it appears your suggestion was spot on. Never had to do that for any of the other devices I've got running CM7. Thanks!

Undeadk9

Aug 24, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
The official recovery was the first thing I flashed. ;)

Odd that this would be necessary, but it appears your suggestion was spot on. Never had to do that for any of the other devices I've got running CM7. Thanks!

Your welcome. Cm7 is a diff beast. I got there code pulled up now. Look for a kang cm7 release from me in the coming days :)

Sent from my Senseless Doubleshot using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

This is an alpha release, but you should find it stable for everyday use.

THIS IS NOT HTC SENSE AND NEVER WILL BE. DO NOT ASK ABOUT IT IN THIS THREAD. THANK YOU.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code will eventually available at the CyanogenMod Github!

Kernel source code is availible at kornyone's github!

If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM 7 to your MyTouch4g Slide (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager.
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. WIPE
    4. Install the ROM
    5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM7 or nightly build?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
    - Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    - Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
    - Pastebin links preferred
    - Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

*Coming soon* Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

Download Link
    MD5: 8dd9c320602989c8c4715098292d0e0c

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!

The current buglist:
    - Recording in HD Video is limited to 720p currently.
    - Camera zoom is limited to 2X.
    - Certain browser issues, such as reported crashes and flash 11 movie compatibility issues. (CyanogenMod).

Other than those (relatively) minor bugs, this rom is perfect.

New Changes
    - New release SelfKang1.
    - All the good stuff in CM 7.1 / AOSP 2.3.7. I suggest looking at the official changelog for more information.

Please note flashing someone else's kernel may ruin your experience with this rom and I advise against it. This rom was a joint effort between Kmobs, Bumblebee, cretin45, toastcfh, defer, myself, and the rest of the CM team.

I am one of the newest members of TeamDouche (CyanogenMod), brought in to grow and maintain device support for the MyTouch4G Slide (Doubleshot).
    CM7 update

Hey all,
    I am sorry I have not been responsive in the thread here regarding the SelfKang. I used the Alpha1 as a daily driver for a while, and noticed the same issues people pointed out -- I had a list:

* Less than desirable battery life (there is a LOT that goes into this, but Alpha1 is much improved from early test).
    * The # and * keys don't show up in dialer.
    * Some report issues with headset jack, like microphone on calls and 3rd party credit card readers.
    * CPU Performance options are locked out in Settings.
    * The camera stuff -- no ZSL and 1080p recording.
    * Others reported bluetooth, tethering, and GPS issues. All of which I cannot reproduce with the CM7 kernel supplied in the Alpha. I can confirm 100% that bluetooth and tethering required kernel changes to work with CM7, so unless other kernels kang that code, it probably won't work with this Alpha.

I know there might be more, please let me know if I am over looking anything.

I have 1080p recording to file working, but there's a hard power cycle of the phone after a small period of recording (ranging from seconds to minutes). I had not isolated this behavior all the way before.....

ICS dropped.

Now I have shifted my focus over to ICS.

So for those using Alpha1 here, it might be a while before I circle back around to Alpha2. The CM team is hard at work on ICS/CM9, and I am working on the same.

I don't look at the forums frequently, so please PM me or message kornyone on freenode if you want to chat, or if I need to know about something right away.

Also I have been posting my ICS progress on G+.

Thanks for all the positive feedback!
    Ill compile a kernel from htc source with cherry picks from kornyones github. The audio driver might be the issue. I will see if i can add in kineto, tun, cifs, noop, and some other goodies. Bare in mind i am a Microsoft Software Engineer (I helped code Windows 7) So i do not have time to develop actively for this community. I will throw a github together and let tbalden compile from it. Dont look for a release or my own seperate kernel thread. I have no interest in developing. So dont ask please.
    FYI

Jason Parker - Feb 14, 2012 (edited) - Public
    Visible to anyone (public on the web).
    In the spirit of all the recent updates from CyanogenMod and team members about status of their devices...

Update -- CyanogenMod 9 on Doubleshot status

Thank you to the community for your support and feedback for the CyanogenMod (7) Alpha released for the Doubleshot. I apologize to any of you anxiously waiting for a CM9 alpha build for the Doubleshot -- it is going to take more time. The reason is two fold: Challenges in my personal life have kept me from hacking for hobby, and the projects for msm8660 devices in CyanogenMod have required heavy work to make functional in ICS.

Technical details about where the Doubleshot stands with CM9 is identical to what Kmobs stated for the Pyramid: Work is being put in to migrate our proprietary HTC 2.6 kernel code into kernel v3. The big difference between the Pyramid status and the Doubleshot status is that there are multiple people in the team with a Pyramid, and I am the only one with the Doubleshot.

Right after ICS was dropped to AOSP, and code started to get merged into CM9, I was right on it. I back-ported and cherry-picked multiple functions to the HTC Doubleshot 2.6 kernel, and at one point back in December, I thought I had about 70% of the issues resolved. Unfortunately, the remaining issues I did not resolve were deal breakers: Google Market would not work on this device in ICS (ANDROIDID errors I didn't isolate), GL Rendering was not fully functional, and decoding of video was off-colored. Camera functionality was also missing. I also purchased a Verizon Galaxy Nexus out of frustrations with T-Mobile. I received my third Doubleshot before canceling, and like the previous units, this one has a hardware issue making porting quite annoying -- namely the input of the physical keyboard is not detected (in any rom). It does not fail all of the time, leading me to believe it's shorted, as it does work right now.

The health issues I mentioned removed me from hacking completely for a while. Due to the sensitive nature of the problems I experienced, and this being a public post, I am not going to get into it here. The important part is that I am fine now, but it took time to recover. It was a big setback for me on a personal level.

I came back to the Doubleshot project a week ago to find that msm8660 is moving to kernel 3, and I need to port the Doubleshot's code over to a unified kernel (Doubleshot contains a few unique pieces in the kernel, such as the board file(s) (more than 5k lines) and the camera driver). I plan to get this done before there will be a Doubleshot CM9 alpha. I have taken a few stabs at it, but of right now, I don't have a functional v3 kernel (yet).

In summary, while I have moved on from the Doubleshot to my GN for a daily driver, I have not given up on the Doubleshot. I plan to work with the team to port the kernel to v3.
    The original link isn't working anymore... you can find a copy of this rom here.