JB for WW variants

Search This thread

deech

May 4, 2007
Woke up to early this morning, decided to press the check for updates button, B00M there is an update, dl-ing now...can only be one thing :)

deech

IUH1991

Aug 23, 2011
Ottawa
Mine says there's an update available and to check notifications, but nothings showing up...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA Premium HD app

Bolandk

Aug 22, 2012
Victoria, BC
Have to say, I'm kind of glad I converted my WW to US. In the future I won't have to sit through 4 days of Asus dragging their feet:silly:

deech

May 4, 2007
yup...it's the update to JB.

Mne did the same....there is then a wee arrowgreen in colour sits in the notifiction area until it has the whole file and then you are good to go.

Yeah a 4 day wait is a killer......try being an Atrix owner......I could kill for ICS on my phone ;)

Reactions: IUH1991

IUH1991

Aug 23, 2011
Ottawa

Mne did the same....there is then a wee arrowgreen in colour sits in the notifiction area until it has the whole file and then you are good to go.

Yeah a 4 day wait is a killer......try being an Atrix owner......I could kill for ICS on my phone ;)

I'm sorry, but I don't see a green colour in the notification area.

And yeah, it's torture having to wait for Ics on the atrix!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA Premium HD app

David Dee

Nov 12, 2010
Toronto
I keep getting failed to download the file, within 5 minutes of booting. Have all my system apps, and original build.prop

Sent from my SGH-I747M using XDA Premium HD app

ukdtweak

Aug 9, 2010
Ballyhalbert
Damn, and I was thinking I should bring my tf300 to work this morning but did not bother, have to wait till I get home now..... :laugh:

vippe

Jun 18, 2010
I checked this morning and it said there was no update even though i checked twice, then i accidentally hit the button again and bingo there it was :)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app

AmirAli44

Jun 18, 2011
Omg, I Want jb to!! :( Why is there no update for tg:(

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

FrutasX

Feb 28, 2012
From Portugal....update done without any problems.
But i didnt try anything because i have to go work...!
People who did the update....impressions????:what:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

ukdtweak

Aug 9, 2010
Ballyhalbert
Just got home and booted mine up... nothing in the notifications but the firmware check says there is an update and to check notifications lol....
Going to re boot.

Arkmanpt

Aug 21, 2010
Just got the jb for my TF300T but Google now isn't answering my questions with vocals. Just altered my device to us English but it just searches doesn't say anything.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

jusatin

Jul 19, 2011
Joensuu
Just got the jb for my TF300T but Google now isn't answering my questions with vocals. Just altered my device to us English but it just searches doesn't say anything.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Same here, it just does a basic google search, no cards or whatever, no voice, cant even ask for my next appointment.. A bit disappointed.. also the jb feels a bit laggier than ics..

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Try to update from Italy.. Going back to stock and check!

You wont get the update I bet, Asus doesn't update unlocked bootloaders (which what you need to use ROMs)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Stopped dmclient, cleared data and cache, re checked, download error, repeated the same but also stopped cmclient, cleared its data and cache too, re checked and finally have a green download arrow in my notifications :)

Sadly with only a 2MB line, this will take a while...
    A factory reset should wipe data, and root will also be gone. Make sure to test your root access, OTA RootKeeper might give a fake report.

Trimis de pe Motorola Defy

Checked with ota rootkeeper, showed root and then installed update. Didn't want to install too many other apps just in case. Have successfully restored root in jb through ota root keeper, so root did survive factory reset! Just restoring apps through titanium.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using XDA Premium HD app
    Hmm these are the update files right???
    Is it possible to use it to update our Pad300??
    Is yes how?

they look sorta small, but that could just be from zipping, give me a few minutes and ill find the instructions i found last night.

the short of it is its the update, you put that and another file in your cache folder and reboot and hold volume down... and it starts the unpacking/installing IF your system is 'OK'
    the long version ill have to find the post to give it to you.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

okay how to use the file in cache..

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=30698223&postcount=280

and the 'command' file info @ http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=30702167&highlight=dlpkgfile+and+command#post30702167

i haven't done this yet, if anything seems unclear im not sure :p but i plan on attempting it very soon.