Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Kristi-Tech

Feb 14, 2012
Tirana
I just read this post and thought to share with you guys :D

x9DPe3m.png

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/03/28/first-android-4-4-3-details-come-to-light-here-is-what-you-should-expect-to-see-fixed/

Last edited:
Reactions: Matrix_19
D

Darth

What's wrong with the camera? Mine is great. :)

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....

rayiskon

Jan 9, 2011
hey guys, wanna bet they'll not fix the hiss sound in video recording and low exposure in low light conditions ?! :(

D

Darth

The camera wakelock bug that eats people's batteries.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I haven't tried it, but can camera not be made a user app with titanium backup, then greenified?

Just tossing out an idea. :)

Anyway, yeah....haven't had that issue, but yes....I've read about it.

FuMMoD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
South Florida
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
I haven't tried it, but can camera not be made a user app with titanium backup, then greenified?

Just tossing out an idea. :)

Anyway, yeah....haven't had that issue, but yes....I've read about it.

It's not the camera though. It's a camera wakelock. Only way to get rid of it is to reboot.

bkaushik27

Jun 19, 2012
No matter if its only a small update for bug fixes or a major overhaul.. An update always excites me (or rather us) ..:D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

aceian

Jul 29, 2011
Great update if this turns out to be true.

m.pocketnow.com/2014/03/29/android-4-4-3-changelog-hints-pure-bugfix-release

According to this fixes will be...

frequent data connection dropout fix
mm-qcamera-daemon*crash and optimization fixes
camera focus in regular and HDR modes fixes
Power Manager display wakelock fix
multiple Bluetooth fixes
fix for a random reboot
app shortcuts sometimes got removed from launcher after update
USB debugging security fix
app shortcuts security fix
Wi-Fi auto-connect fix
other camera fixes
MMS, Email/Exchange, Calendar, People/Dialer/Contacts, DSP, IPv6, VPN fixes
stuck in activation screen fix
missed call LED fix
subtitle fixes
data usage graph fix
Internet telephony fix
FCC compliance fix
miscellaneous fixes

Last edited:

TheLastSidekick

Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
This is a pretty huge list actually. 4.4.2 was pretty stable as is. I'm excited for any changes.

aceian

Jul 29, 2011
Luckily I don't have the camera bug but I do have that wifi bug.
Would be good update!

muyoso

Oct 23, 2007
Google can't do enough to get rid of these damn wakelocks. Can't wait for this update. Also the camera focus fix should be great. Hopefully they do SOMETHING to fix the damn wlan_rx wake lock that just zaps 5-10% of my battery every day for no reason.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

prstorero

Sep 12, 2011
Dallas
Just a question if I may. When the update is released I'm guessing we will all need to reroot and unlock our bootloaders again? At reroot. As I am running stock rooted with elementalx kernel, would there be any risks if/when I update? Sorry the nexus is different then my old Xperia Play.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Your device stays unlocked. You will need to root again. You may need the stock kernel to update. No problem if the build is rooted for updating.

prshosting.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    iOS cheats to give the illusion of being fast. When you open an app it 1st displays a cached screenshot whilst it continues to load. Try interacting with the app immediately after it appears. Most of the time you can't.

What's up with this @iamnotkurtcobain guy? It's clearly @dicecuber 2.0.

He's done nothing but spew bull**** and crap all over the thread. There was a decent discussion going on about the update until he brought in his fanboy garbage.

Yes, you're apparently a fanboy of Android, but you have done nothing but bash it, while simultaneously praising iOS at every turn. Do us all a favour, throw your Apple shades back on and join a mac forum. This thread and XDA aren't meant for childish dribble.

People come here to have constructive conversations, not fanboy whining. If you have nothing helpful to add, keep your crap to yourself.
    Lmao, I honestly can't believe we're back to the smoothness between iOS and Android debate.

THEY BOTH CAN LAG. If you say otherwise, you're a dumbass. In the past Android was indeed far behind iOS, but to say that nowadays on the newer android versions is just flat out untrue. I've seen plenty of lag on iOS devices and Android devices, and plenty of silky smoothness on both devices. There just isn't a clear winner.

Now can we please stop arguing about stupid crap that has NOTHING to do with this thread?
    IOS4LYFE??

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Don't be absurd, there's almost nothing about iOS that I prefer over Android. But I will criticise Google when they make bad or stupid decisions, because I'm not some sort of Google apologist.

Android is FAR away from the smoothness of iOS. Sadly. Hope Android 5.0 brings that...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

I have an iPhone 5s and Nexus 5 on my hand right now. I call bullsh&# on that.

udypuhuh.jpg

6y9uvuhe.jpg

That's Tapatalk opened with this thread on my Nexus 5 for confirmation by the way.