★ ☆ [ROM][4.4.2] Google Edition | M8 2014 Series Port | tiKtaK ROM - 1.0.4 | ART | 04-26-14 | ☆ ★

Search This thread

JonLeu

Mar 18, 2014
Hello, I have the Rom installed, and I'm always in the boot loop, what can it be? Can you help me?:fingers-crossed:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ★ ☆ [ROM][4.4.2] Google Edition | M8 2014 Series Port | tiKtaK ROM - 1.0.4 | ART | 04-26-14 | ☆ ★

tiKtaK ROM

Android 4.4.2
    KitKat
    Google Edition Rom

All New 2014 HTC One
    m8 series: KOT49H.H16 release-keys

Stock Google Edition 4.4.2
    GSM Version

attachment.php

tiKtaK ROM

Stock port of the m8 Google Edition series

ABOUT:

This is based off of the New 2014 HTC One (m8) Google Edition and is considered experimental.
    I originally ported the m7 GPE to the m7vzw and Dna and then did the m8 GPE for m7vzw and the Dna.
    I was asked to port my m8 port to the Gsm m7, so I did and here is the result of that.

Superuser and all of your Google apps come preloaded. (no Gapps needed)
    I have found the rom to be stable enough, that I felt it was time to share.
    This rom will progress and change as Kitkat evolves and when new versions of Google Edition become available.
    I hope that you enjoy the tiKtaK experience. :)

Credits/Thanks:
    All devs that have contributed to the dlx, m7, m8, and Android in general!
    ANDR01DN00B for requesting and testing my Gsm build
    graffixnyc for the m8 GPE system dump

Requirements:

You must have at least an unlocked bootloader!
    You should have the latest radio and firmware/hboot
    You must be running a recent version of CWM or TWRP Recovery

Code:
    [B][COLOR="Red"]Sharing Policy:[/COLOR][/B]
    If you would like to use this rom or parts of this rom, in your own, you must ask me for permission first!
    Please do this via PM, so as not to distract from the purpose of the thread.
    These matters are best dealt with privately, for everyone's sake.
    Thanks for your undertanding and consideration.
    Violators of the above, will be reported to XDA Moderation for proper handling.

Downloads:

***NEW Experimental Series based off of the m8 Google Edition (2014) series
    tiKtaK-2014-GoogleEdition-1.0.4_KOT49H.H16_GSM 04-26-14

Mirrors

To enable Google Home on the Launcher:
    Sign into Google and run the Google Search app in the drawer.

_______

Known Issues:
    None that I know of... :)
    Art does not currently work
    If you update the Google camera, panoramic and photosphere will no longer work

Old Versions:

Wanna buy me a coffee to keep me going?
    CLICK HERE

XDA:DevDB Information
    ★ ☆ tiKtaK ROM | Google Edition ☆ ★, a ROM for the HTC One

Contributors
    santod040
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest firmware and radios
    Based On: Google Edition

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: RC1.0.4-KOT49H.H16
    Stable Release Date: 2014-04-14
    Current Beta Version: RC1.0.1-KOT49H.H16
    Beta Release Date: 2013-12-14

Created 2014-04-18
    Last Updated 2014-04-27
    I mean, does the GPE of the M8 have other/more features than the M7 one?

Also I appreciate every contribution to the community, and I am really glad to have good devs here whose make effort to port/make roms.

Well, I'd like to think I more or less answered that question here already.

To add to that: I do not own a GSM HTC One.
    I own the Verizon HTC One. Which does not have GPE available in any official form.
    So initially I ported the m7 GPE to it.
    The m8 GPE does offer some slight improvements, (mentioned in link above) that I felt were worth porting as well.
    Since using m7 or m8 base requires porting to my device, why not port the newer version of GPE?
    Since it worked out and it was requested that I port to the Gsm model, I did so, for others, not for myself.
    I also use parts of this port in my UnSenseSIX rom, which is a Sense 6 and m8 GPE hybrid for the m7vzw.
    Quite a nice, fully featured rom, in my humble opinion.
    So porting it, had several uses for me. If it doesn't interest users here in the Gsm forums, I have no problems closing the thread and stopping support for it.
    But I thought, and the user that requested a Gsm build thought, that other users may appreciate it.
    So that is why this is here and why I did it.
    UPDATED!~

Enabled Full ART compatibility!
    Verified on my m7vzw and Dna builds, I do not have this device to be able to confirm 100%

So that means for me there aren't any noticeable differences. Nonetheless, thanks for your efforts. I guess porting a Google edition will make much more sense once the m7 support gets dropped and the m8 has a newer version of Android.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Well, if you don't try it, then of course there will be no noticeable differences.
    The biggest differences are minor but add up to more feature rich overall experience.
    I am not gonna try and list all the little differences, as they are not major.
    The biggest difference is probably the fact that the new base is compatible with the new HTC Service Pack, HTC Foto Editor comes pre-installed,
    Dot Matrix is supported, the mms application is more robust, etc,..
    Not to mention the fact that Android/Google doesn't just make improvements when an Android version changes.
    They also make improvements to existing code for the same Android base.
    Just because the version of Android doesn't change, doesn't mean that improvements haven't been made.
    If that never happened, we would never get OTA updates for the same Android version we are already on.
    I find it hard to imagine that the build is not more efficient then a build from 6 months ago, even if the Android version didn't change.
    But to each their own, nobody has to use this rom or even try it out, it's your choice.
    I just think it's funny to say that there must be no changes because it's still 4.4.2.
    How often do roms here get updated when a slightly higher build number of the same Sense 4.4.2 base is released?
    Every time a new base drops pretty much,...would that happen if there were no changes? I doubt it.
    Reserved

-tiKtak-
    CHANGELOG

Enabled Full ART compatibility!

Enabled init.d/superuser script support in GSM Boot.img

_________

MODS

Enable the m8 Nav Bar on the 2014 Edition ONLY!
    Download m8 NavBar

Revert NavBar Mod

Screenshot_2014-04-13-23-50-29.png

Screenshot_2014-04-13-23-50-16.png

attachment.php