How to downgrade to 4.2.2

Search This thread

idoit

Jan 5, 2012
Canada <3 Iran
1. The ROM is not so frequently updated because now it is not main interest of developer. But the thread is still lived.
2. Unfortunately installing such ROM require factory reset so you have to preserve your apps by means of Titanium Backup, Super Backup or another app. Futhermore any upgrade of ROM need the same operation. But IMHO this ROM is worthwhile.
Thanks for your reply @trurl3.

Now onto my last concern: When you said "Futhermore any upgrade of ROM need the same operation", again I have to register the device with Google Account even though I have Titanium Backup of all my apps, right? This becomes a bit messy, when I look at list of devices in my Google Play store, I see so many... many of them are just 1 device indeed. Would same thing happen if I install MegaFire or MegaKat?

Last edited:

trurl3

Apr 12, 2011
Warszawa
Thanks for your reply @trurl3.

Now onto my last concern: When you said "Futhermore any upgrade of ROM need the same operation", again I have to register the device with Google Account even though I have Titanium Backup of all my apps, right? This becomes a bit messy, when I look at list of devices in my Google Play store, I see so many... many of them are just 1 device indeed. Would same thing happen if I install MegaFire or MegaKat?

Unfortunately... yes. Developer of the ROM insist of clean install every new update. So it is a little embarassing, but it is worth it in my opinion.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No!! he can't use odin to flash a 4.2.2 firmware because he flash the 4.4.2 kk firmware with the new knox bootloader if he try to flash an older firmware he will brick his phone. @corrystile you can use the MegaFire v11 to go back to jellybean 4.2.2 thanks to @megalomanic14 this is a TW base rom and it work on both 19200 and 19205.

Sent from my GT-I9200 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    And the rom also works on the i527m mega (Canadian version). :)

Sent from my SGH-I527M using XDA Free mobile app
    Hello,
    i have successfully installed the 4.4.2 KK original rom released on samfirmware 3 weeks ago on my 9205 LTE, and now i would like to downgrade to 4.2.2. Is there a method? Can it be done?

Thanks!

PS: What is the best ROM for mega?
    Not answered at my question.
    Tried flashing 4.2.2 and odin fails. What can i do?

Nothing. You already installed the newest Knox Bootloader included with the Firmware and it can not be downgraded. If you do downgrade the Bootloader you will brick your phone. You can flash "ROMS" ( not Firmwares ) all you like from previous builds meaning you can flash a Custom 4.2.2 Rom but you can not downgrade the newest Knox Bootloader you installed.
    Yes you can, using a mobile ODIN

No!! he can't use odin to flash a 4.2.2 firmware because he flash the 4.4.2 kk firmware with the new knox bootloader if he try to flash an older firmware he will brick his phone. @corrystile you can use the MegaFire v11 to go back to jellybean 4.2.2 thanks to @megalomanic14 this is a TW base rom and it work on both 19200 and 19205.

Sent from my GT-I9200 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    where i can found that megafire v11 to get that firmware

Next time use your wits and find option on XDA. This time look here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2608110