[Morph Theme] Minimalistic - This Version is dead, new version from Manup soonish

Search This thread

AbsoluteDesignz

Sep 16, 2007
New Jersey
I'm going to go ahead and call this dead...I can't find anyone willing to work on this, and those I did find are out of contact, or cannot work on the theme...so yea, I'm going to reach out to some people, but the future of this theme isn't looking good...sorry guys...anyone who wants to pick up this theme let me know via gtalk (absolutedesignz@gmail.com) or email (same email)

MARKET FORCECLOSE FIX (I personally haven't had this issue at all but it is known to have fixed the issue for others)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=673870

UPDATE 5/11/2010 ADDED MODIFIED CHOMPSMS 3.9 APP
Thank you britoso for the Twitter widget font fix.

Minimalistic.jpg

By DAVID1171 and AbsoluteDesignz

a-2.png

d.png
c.png

b.png

e.png
f.png

latest updated version coming soon (Statusbar and statusbar icons)

UPDATE 4/30/2010 ADDED MODIFIED CHOMPSMS 3.8 APP AND MODIFIED OFFICIAL TWITTER APP AS ATTACHMENTS

From David1171
This is the first public release and there is still a lot we plan to do with it, so bear with us.

Minimalistic Beta
http://android-theme-minus.googlecode.com/files/Minimalistic_Beta.zip

Alternate Widgets
These are widgets that were made during the testing phases, and are the ones shown in the current screen shots in the OP. The widgets in the above file are about 40% transparent (vs. 50%) for the black ones, and have a slight shadow underneath them. The calendar widget is also only at 25% transparency and has a black border around it.
http://android-theme-minus.googlecode.com/files/Minimalistic-Flat-Widgets.zip

Since we have yet to do the status bar icons (just had other things we were working on first), I recommend that you install the desire notification bar for your ROM from here, so that you can have a decent looking status bar, and a proper working services.jar.

Once the theme gets large enough, or enough is done with, then we will start releasing the bulk of it as flashable updates, and leave morphs to smaller parts of it.

For More Icons to use with Bettercut you may need to resize the icons yourself to 72x72 if you are using an app on the dock as it may cause distortion in its fullsize (no clue if the 72x72 icons from better cut don't distort)
i used the ecqlipse icons on Deviant art...search for those and use bettercut to apply...especially since all of those will be in data/app and thusly not useable by Metamorph anyways.

here are two sets I know off hand...

http://chrfb.deviantart.com/art/quot-ecqlipse-2-quot-PNG-59941546

http://linkz57.deviantart.com/art/Syzygy-A-work-in-progress-129297185

Attachments

• y-signed.apk
    2.1 MB · Views: 217
  • chomp39edit.apk
    1.7 MB · Views: 149
Last edited:

david1171

Apr 29, 2009
I really like the look of this and would like to try and help bring this to a reality. If you don't mind working with me, then send me a pm and I will give you my email so we can communicate easier.

AbsoluteDesignz

Sep 16, 2007
New Jersey
I love minimalistic themes too, please make this into a reality!

I'll do my best...I hope me and David can work something out...due to its lack of overall complexity (with most things being a shadeless, transparent black white or grey) it should be relatively easy...if I knew anything about .9pngs and XML etc, I'd prob do it all myself...

xxmonsterx

May 28, 2009
seems like your pretty good with photoshop yourself. why dont you make your own theme?

AbsoluteDesignz

Sep 16, 2007
New Jersey
Seems like it could be a great theme.

I know currently there is a closed beta of a minimalism theme for the Droid, which should be available to the public around the beginning of May.

I'm sure it will take little to no time for someone to port it over to the Nexus when it does become live.

Here is a link:
http://alldroid.org/threads/15440-Dark-Minimalism-WIP-IMPORTANT-STATUS-BAR-POLL

WOW...looks nice, perhaps I'll take SOME things from it design wise (not style wise)

seems like your pretty good with photoshop yourself. why dont you make your own theme?

I'm trying.

frostman89

Yea the coder for the theme is a beast. Xeudoxus has edited so much of the xml's in order to get the theme to where it is now.

Also I made an icon pack beta for that theme last weekend on saturday. Spent about half a a day vectoring icons. I will redo them with lowered opacity on the black so it will look nicer, but this is just a sample:

2nqxlxu.png

I can upload them if anyone needs them.

Last edited:

AbsoluteDesignz

Sep 16, 2007
New Jersey
very nice...me and david1171 are working on a version of the mockup i presented here...well it feels like he's doing all the work, I don't really know much on how to theme and whatnot...need help on an accent color to complement the white/grey/black...any suggestions?

KnightMAREcrow

Jul 23, 2009
Chicago
If your theme is as thorough as the one on alldroid, you got a person who will theme right away.

Also as a side note, will that theme ever make it to our nexus one, seeing as how its for the motorola droid at the moment

Last edited:

AbsoluteDesignz

Sep 16, 2007
New Jersey
If your theme is as thorough as the one on alldroid, you got a person who will theme right away.

Also as a side note, will that theme ever make it to our nexus one, seeing as how its for the motorola droid at the moment

I hope so...that'd be a nice option to have.

no offense to any themers, but with the exception of a few themers a lot of themes have seemed very chaotic.

KnightMAREcrow

Jul 23, 2009
Chicago
Exactly, some are too unorganized. One I seen "minimalistic" in your theme header I was sold, I feel the more subtle a theme, the better. Good luck to the both of you.

"If you've done things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all"
- Futurama lol

If donations are needed to make the theme as great as the alldroid one, show a link :)

AbsoluteDesignz

Sep 16, 2007
New Jersey
It's still undergoing extensive work, but this is a small update (well actually first update)

looks good so far, me and David are sitll working on the details and minor things, and are attempting to make this a systemwide theme so yea, don't overhype it and PLEASE don't bump often or whatnot...it'll get done, and it'll be marvelous.

It'll prob be realeased as a series of morphs...

test3.png
icon test
CAP201004252116.jpg
widget test

a lot of work to do here...but I figured I'd update you guys.

going to mirror this in the OP if I can.

david1171

Apr 29, 2009
Just wanted to chime in and say that the status bar is going to be like the widgets as it is in the mock up in the OP, so that people wouldn't think the desire bar is part of it, that part of the screen shots are from me running my full theme while testing the small things already done, and from the previous things AbsoluteDesignz was/is running.

If people would like a morph of the widgets, I see no reason we can't put that out.

The battery icon in the screen shots is the current battery icon in its current phase though it may change.