Update to GPS (Firmware)

Search This thread

rsarno

Oct 18, 2010
I got an update and did it, but didnt take note of my numbers before hand.

here are my post-update numbers, can anyone confirm if there is any change, before they update?

gps: 6.9.13
wifi: 6.1.1.17
bt: 9.23
build: IML74K.US_epad-9.4.2.11-20120117

Last edited:

wynand32

Jan 2, 2008
Mine are:

gps: 6.8.13
build: IML74K.US_epad-9.4.2.7-20120106

So looks like just the GPS driver changed... Hmm...

Oct 25, 2010
I think it was actually a complete reload of ICS. It went through the whole upgrade process again but kept the ICS version the same. I did notice the GPS version is also increased. Need to check out the rest of the software and see if anything else was changed.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

rsarno

Oct 18, 2010
HOLY **** GPS WORKED!!

How can it be?? I just opened GPS TEST and got 8 sats in view, 6 in use

sitting in living room, wifi off, location-by-wifi is also off

can it be?? Or is this a fluke lol

EDIT, but navigation cant catch a signal. Meh :(

QueB3

Jan 1, 2009
Yeah feels like a reboot. Mullagan!!!!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

SF-IT-Guy

Feb 16, 2011
South Florida
No GPS Love...

Updated both of my Primes and still no locks on any birds. Was hoping, but not overly worried about it either.

Maybe next update, but still love the overall performance and size of these things!

Randy

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
took out root, restored with voodoo :p
fixed my strange clock malfunction:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1452737
hopefully we will hear about random reboots/flashing being fixed aswell

GPS version changed (now people can stop complaining about asus not trying to fix thier issue -_-)

same here. I'm on the new update. It broke root but I was smart to back it up with Voodoo. Now its restored...and everything is good to go again ;)

make sure to post anything found new with this update as I'm about to eat real quick..lol

jerflash

Sep 10, 2010
NYC
damn i forgot to backup with voodoo FML!!
i just started it also...i will check after its done...sucks

hizd

May 6, 2011
After update I was able to lock on to 4-5 satellites when i couldn't even lock on to 1. No wifi.

jerflash

Sep 10, 2010
NYC
tring to re root with adb right now with no luck. i tried to pospone but it would not let me anymore so i had to update...totally forgot to voodoo.....sucks very badly

cykotix

Dec 14, 2010
No update here yet. Guess they are still rolling it out.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Tairen

Jul 21, 2010
Umm am I the only one who updated the TFP rooted AND retained root after the update? And I didn't even use rootkeeper or anything.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got an update and did it, but didnt take note of my numbers before hand.

here are my post-update numbers, can anyone confirm if there is any change, before they update?

gps: 6.9.13
    build: IML74K.US_epad-9.4.2.11-20120117
    Asus buying time by incrementing version number but doing **** to fix it. They already said the case is the problem so why would a software update help it. Just like the first GPS update was to turn on wifi...that would not constitute an update to GPS still they upped the version. So what did they do this time...boost the signal a little...more interference, more battery usage?

Whatever they did, its working for a large number of prime owners. Why complain about them trying to fix it despite the design flaw? I understand being upset about the problem. I don't understand being upset about them trying to resolve it...
    we have fortnight like 3-4 updates n less than a month. less than a month we got toot n overclock n some themes n Linux. People can't Say Asus is not trying to remedy things. Developement for Prime is moving right along pretty well for not having unlocking tool yet for bootloader.
    I also lost root after the ota and didnt have it voodooed. I guess I'll try to reroot tomorrow. Hopefully someone figures it out if we lost it. For one of my apps its saying that su has granted root access, however the app is saying it was denied. So idk what to do yet.
    I still receive 0 Sat's with this update. This is my second one that saw absolutely nothing at all. But seeing that other people are able to see some sats is what concerns me. I will look at my serial # to see which batch I have. I contacted BestBuy and they said they would send one to me or the nearest store and I could then return mine, but they have none in stock and my only option is to return it and they would give me $25 gift card for my "incovience". So I am waiting for them to show "in stock" online so I can try out a 3rd one out. I really like the TFP, but I don't like pauing for stuff that doesn't work. I wouldn't mind it if I saw at least one Sat but doesn't lock, but like I said I see 0 sat's 24/7.