[App] [2.2+] AlarMe (formerly known as Smart Alarm) - Holo alarm with a twist

Search This thread

Mdk001

Dec 2, 2009
I had totally forgot to post this here...
Here's my latest app (after a 2 years pause.. I'm not a fulltime developer, nope), created off my own needs but I guess there's plenty of people out there that could make use of it

AlarMe is, indeed, an alarm, but it's also weather-based
Let me explain: if you, like me, would rather ride your bike to work instead of that boring car, at least when it's sunny, why would you wake up 15 minutes earlier than you should just because you have to account for the traffic jam you'd be stuck in if you were driving a 4 wheels vehicle or, worse, why should your alarm ring at the same time whether you had to take any mean of public tranportation instead of your own?

Another scenario: let's suppose you usually have to wake up at 7:30 to go to work, that's because your commute takes 15 minutes on a clear sky day
Your default alarm would ring, indeed, at 7:30 but today is a rainy day, and now your commute is up to, probably, twice the time.. and you're late for work

Enter AlarMe
You can now create personalized weather rules for each and every alarm
Default time could be the aforementioned 7:30 but then you'll add a rule that makes the alarm go off at 7:10 if it rains, 7:00 in case of storm, perhaps even 7:45 if it's sunny cause you'll just ride your awesome bike that zips through traffic!

Features:
- the alarm, of course
- up to 6 different weather rules: clear, foggy, cloudy, stormy, rainy, snowy
- full holo UI with a flippable cards layout for the alarm list (everything works on 2.2 devices as well)
- 24 hours / AM-PM and Fahrenheit / Celsius visualization options
- 2 different weather providers (so far)
- Notifications to view/dismiss snoozed alarms
- More stuff such as automatic / manual location and customizable alarm / snooze durations
- MP3 ringtones

Coming soon:
- Bugfixes (can never have enough of those)
- Skip the alarm if a certain weather condition is met (rather than just setting a different time.. you don't want to go jogging if it rains, right?)

Coming sometime in the future
- NFC support to dismiss the alarm by touching a tag
- Maybe traffic info / estimated commute time, someone already asked for it so I'll give it a try

Download
The app is already up on the Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mdk.smartalarm
Expect frequents updates, usually once a week

Screenshots
Temporarily moved here

Suggestions go here:
Suggestions' box

Please, submit any bug you find here, it helps me keep track of them and focus on the ones that are reported the most

Last edited:

Mdk001

Dec 2, 2009
Be Patience. There are millions of alarm apps out there. XDA is one of the best place to get great feedback. Patience is key to success :)

BTW, I've downloaded the app. I'll test it and share my feedback here tomorrow.

Thank you, it's just that I've seen threads about... er... "less useful" apps getting dozens of views and replies so I was wondering what was wrong with my topic

Bilgets

Oct 27, 2011
Jakarta
Is now downloading but you know, will test this tomorrow because i dont need alarm for my nap :v

Sent from my GT-I8160 using XDA Premium HD app

Mdk001

Dec 2, 2009
Please, do let me know about any bug you encounter and, of course, I'd love some feedback about the general look & feel of the app, that's what betas are for

Mdk001

Dec 2, 2009
Version 0.99 is up, featuring notifications for snoozed alarms and the ability to cancel them with a tap, plus more bugfixes
Please let me have some feedback about this update

Bilgets

Oct 27, 2011
Jakarta
I got two alarm with one normal notifications and one with the weather on it.. but ill try the new version now

Sent from my GT-I8160 using XDA Premium HD app

Mdk001

Dec 2, 2009
I just published a quick fix for a notification bug, disregard notifications appearing when you're dismissing the alarm until you upgrade to the latest version (up in a few hours)

Mdk001

Dec 2, 2009
Did anyone have any problems with alarms not working? Any missed alarms at all?
Perhaps it's ready to leave te beta stage?

athdaraxen

Jun 18, 2012
I haven't had any issues. Though I don't use this to the fullest. X3 I just use it for a simple alarm clock as it is the nicest looking one I've found so far. <3

Sent from my Slimbean Captivate via Tapatalk 2

atrix4g18

Jun 23, 2012
Did anyone have any problems with alarms not working? Any missed alarms at all?
Perhaps it's ready to leave te beta stage?

You've made a great app, but I think the target audience is smaller than you'd think.

Do you think you could make an option to delay the alarm if it is a snow day? It won't be for a long time and this will only be for people in school, but it would be a really nice feature.

Also is there any possibility of creating dismiss options like solving math problems etc.?

Mdk001

Dec 2, 2009
You've made a great app, but I think the target audience is smaller than you'd think.

Do you think you could make an option to delay the alarm if it is a snow day? It won't be for a long time and this will only be for people in school, but it would be a really nice feature.

Also is there any possibility of creating dismiss options like solving math problems etc.?

The delay in case of snow is actually what the app does... you can set any weather rule to either delay or anticipate the alarm, just choose a default time then set the alarm for a couple of hours later in case of snow

The math solving could be added in, yes, as well as NFC reading, once all the basic functions are working properly, thus leaving the beta stage

Reactions: atrix4g18

scottx .

Installed it and uninstalled it when I noticed it will quit working after three days. I'd hate to be late to work because it expired.

I've been using xtreme alarm clock pro for two years and it would be hard to replace it. Its so stable and rock solid.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Mdk001

Dec 2, 2009

Installed it and uninstalled it when I noticed it will quit working after three days. I'd hate to be late to work because it expired.

I've been using xtreme alarm clock pro for two years and it would be hard to replace it. Its so stable and rock solid.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I'm always releasing an update before the trial period is over, I just added that to prevent the beta version from leaking around once the full version is released, and also to make sure people are running the latest version instead of an old bugged one (and then leaving comments about my app not working)
Xtreme alarm clock doesn't look so nice, UI-wise, and it missed the main feature of my app of course, but hey, I know not everyone is going to use mine as main alarm ;)
Also, being in beta stage, I recommend not using my app as your main and only alarm app just yet, I'd appreciate it if you tried it alongside XAC just to see if it works fine

Bilgets

Oct 27, 2011
Jakarta
This day, i dont think the app ring.. maybe my father turned it off first or is this the app fault?

Turn out to be my dad turning it off already :D

I would like to have a swipe to dismiss alarm.. like when you want a one time alarm you could just swipe to dismiss it

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had totally forgot to post this here...
    Here's my latest app (after a 2 years pause.. I'm not a fulltime developer, nope), created off my own needs but I guess there's plenty of people out there that could make use of it

AlarMe is, indeed, an alarm, but it's also weather-based
    Let me explain: if you, like me, would rather ride your bike to work instead of that boring car, at least when it's sunny, why would you wake up 15 minutes earlier than you should just because you have to account for the traffic jam you'd be stuck in if you were driving a 4 wheels vehicle or, worse, why should your alarm ring at the same time whether you had to take any mean of public tranportation instead of your own?

Another scenario: let's suppose you usually have to wake up at 7:30 to go to work, that's because your commute takes 15 minutes on a clear sky day
    Your default alarm would ring, indeed, at 7:30 but today is a rainy day, and now your commute is up to, probably, twice the time.. and you're late for work

Enter AlarMe
    You can now create personalized weather rules for each and every alarm
    Default time could be the aforementioned 7:30 but then you'll add a rule that makes the alarm go off at 7:10 if it rains, 7:00 in case of storm, perhaps even 7:45 if it's sunny cause you'll just ride your awesome bike that zips through traffic!

Features:
    - the alarm, of course
    - up to 6 different weather rules: clear, foggy, cloudy, stormy, rainy, snowy
    - full holo UI with a flippable cards layout for the alarm list (everything works on 2.2 devices as well)
    - 24 hours / AM-PM and Fahrenheit / Celsius visualization options
    - 2 different weather providers (so far)
    - Notifications to view/dismiss snoozed alarms
    - More stuff such as automatic / manual location and customizable alarm / snooze durations
    - MP3 ringtones

Coming soon:
    - Bugfixes (can never have enough of those)
    - Skip the alarm if a certain weather condition is met (rather than just setting a different time.. you don't want to go jogging if it rains, right?)

Coming sometime in the future
    - NFC support to dismiss the alarm by touching a tag
    - Maybe traffic info / estimated commute time, someone already asked for it so I'll give it a try

Download
    The app is already up on the Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mdk.smartalarm
    Expect frequents updates, usually once a week

Screenshots
    Temporarily moved here

Suggestions go here:
    Suggestions' box

Please, submit any bug you find here, it helps me keep track of them and focus on the ones that are reported the most
    I submitted an update to the Play store, it should address some bugs like the "ghost" alarms after a reboot, incorrectly reported weather provider as well as troubles when disabling / re-enabling alarms
    I'm hoping to add a few new features in the next version, such as an MP3 ringtone picker and more intuitive way to delete alarms (maybe even swipe-to-delete)
    New version has been submitted to the Play Store so it should be online soon
    I changed the name to AlarMe and I add the default weather rules feature as per request

If it's bug-free (or after squashing any bug), this will also be released as version 1.0 later next week, as well as being the definitive free version

Every extra feature will now be added to a pro version only (which will be released along the free one), just to make sure I don't chew up all my free time fulfilling requests with zero profit
    I'm planning to sell it for a discounted price for the first few weeks, just to make sure anyone who partecipated in the beta testing has a chance to get it cheaper if they're still interested in the project
    Zero replies is pretty harsh... did anyone download this at all?
    Be Patience. There are millions of alarm apps out there. XDA is one of the best place to get great feedback. Patience is key to success :)

BTW, I've downloaded the app. I'll test it and share my feedback here tomorrow.

The delay in case of snow is actually what the app does... you can set any weather rule to either delay or anticipate the alarm, just choose a default time then set the alarm for a couple of hours later in case of snow

The math solving could be added in, yes, as well as NFC reading, once all the basic functions are working properly, thus leaving the beta stage