[Q] Screen Flickering after software update.

Search This thread

drckml

Jan 18, 2014
My device is a local re-branded and enhanced Xolo a500s/it's like a karbon a5 a think. After successfully updated my device via OTA and after my device rebooted. My screen started to flicker randomly. My phone is not rooted and im still using the official stock rom. I found a temporarily solution by doing a Factory Reset, the flickering would be gone but it will come back after my phone screen goes off and on. Anyway to fix this?

I suspect that the new lockscreen bloatware system app that comes with the update causes this, but hey I only suspect it and i'm new to the android community. I can't disable it(googled already, and the only way to freeze/remove it is to root.) I can't root my device for something like a hunch. I'm waiting for a software update that would fix my device's touchscreen collide bug.

Appreciate all of your thoughts.

drckml

Jan 18, 2014
Try to start your phone in Safe Mode or try to start in Recovery (if your phone has available) and do a Factory Reset

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it. I was able to disable the bloatware new systapp lock the came with it and it didn't solve the problem. I will try your method. Again thank you very much. I will check in later to post the result, hopefully this fixes it all :(

*edit
I successfully managed to boot in safe mode, the flickering has stopped but it return right after the screen goes back from sleep. Then I do a factory reset then after that the phone starts up and the result is still the same. :(
I will try the recovery mode though.

*edit
okay, i've managed to enter recovery menu. the one where you use the volume buttons to move. Is it really safe to select Wipe Data/Factory Reset there? Is that what you're prompting me to do in your post?

Last edited:

UltraWelfare

Dec 26, 2013
Xanthi
Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it. I was able to disable the bloatware new systapp lock the came with it and it didn't solve the problem. I will try your method. Again thank you very much. I will check in later to post the result, hopefully this fixes it all :(

*edit
I successfully managed to boot in safe mode, the flickering has stopped but it return right after the screen goes back from sleep. Then I do a factory reset then after that the phone starts up and the result is still the same. :(
I will try the recovery mode though.

Report back if something new happens

drckml

Jan 18, 2014
Report back if something new happens

The results are still the same... your method do work yes. The flickering is gone after rebooting but as soon as you know press the power button and screen goes off then press the power button again and the screen turns on again from standby, the flickering returns.

Before doing some OTA updates my device is like v7 or v8 and now it's v9.1
and I didn't have any screen flickering problems before updating to v9.1 so I can safely assure that it's not in the hardware. It really just happened right after updating my device.

Another question, will installing a custom rom fix this software bug? But I really don't want to install those yet at the moment.

Any, Thank you very much. I really really really really appreciate it all man. I'm really at loss now. This is my first android phone that's why.

UltraWelfare

Dec 26, 2013
Xanthi
The results are still the same... your method do work yes. The flickering is gone after rebooting but as soon as you know press the power button and screen goes off then press the power button again and the screen turns on again from standby, the flickering returns.

Before doing some OTA updates my device is like v7 or v8 and now it's v9.1
and I didn't have any screen flickering problems before updating to v9.1 so I can safely assure that it's not in the hardware. It really just happened right after updating my device.

Another question, will installing a custom rom fix this software bug? But I really don't want to install those yet at the moment.

Any, Thank you very much. I really really really really appreciate it all man. I'm really at loss now. This is my first android phone that's why.

First of all try factory data reset.Secondly if it doesn't work try a custom rom(if you really want to)and check if the bug has gone.If it doesn't then there is something fault with your device

drckml

Jan 18, 2014
First of all try factory data reset.Secondly if it doesn't work try a custom rom(if you really want to)and check if the bug has gone.If it doesn't then there is something fault with your device

So the only is custom rom/original stock rom before update(which is impossible because I haven't backed up one before updating)
is the only solution eh.

The reason that I held back from installing a custom rom is because I'm waiting for the touchscreen bug fix for my device iva OTA. Will I still able to get it after installing a custom rom?

Again many thanks. Is there a way to give you a thanks on every posts?

UltraWelfare

Dec 26, 2013
Xanthi
So the only is custom rom/original stock rom before update(which is impossible because I haven't backed up one before updating)
is the only solution eh.

The reason that I held back from installing a custom rom is because I'm waiting for the touchscreen bug fix for my device iva OTA. Will I still able to get it after installing a custom rom?

Again many thanks. Is there a way to give you a thanks on every posts?

If there is a way to restore back to your stock version or find a way to get back to stock version then yes :).
If you had a Sony Device then you could restore it with SEUS.Now with a Xolo I really dont know.Ask to the specific device forum

drckml

Jan 18, 2014
If there is a way to restore back to your stock version or find a way to get back to stock version then yes :).
If you had a Sony Device then you could restore it with SEUS.Now with a Xolo I really dont know.Ask to the specific device forum

Thanks a lot man. I've flashed a stock rom and my device got fixed from screen flickering. Really looks like a firmware bug. So I've just downgraded.
Again thanks a million :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try to start your phone in Safe Mode or try to start in Recovery (if your phone has available) and do a Factory Reset