4.4 official discussion thread

Search This thread

onemanruler

Oct 3, 2012
Samsung started rolling out the ota updates to 4.4 today anyone receive it yet? Note 3 was top of the list I haven't received it yet but was wondering if anyone was lucky enuf to get it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

yaniel06

Mar 4, 2011
I havent. Lol. But I think this belongs in another thread. But no nothing yet

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: kingdazy

dongarritas

Jan 26, 2011
San Antonio
Samsung started rolling out the ota updates to 4.4 today anyone receive it yet? Note 3 was top of the list I haven't received it yet but was wondering if anyone was lucky enuf to get it.

If you live in Poland for the Note 3 variant there, or, stateside, have the S4. Our variant is on the list, but has been delayed, in part, by Google spanking Samsung's hand for putting in code that would have not allowed 3rd party accessories to work properly, and straying too far afield from Android.'

T3CHW0LF

Oct 25, 2012
Los Angeles
I think the way updates work is that the manufacturer (Samsung) releases the update to the carriers then the carriers add their bloat. Then finally the update is released to the public. Sprint has not released any statement about the 4.4 ota being released.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: kingdazy

digitalsynner85

Sep 15, 2011
New Iberia, Louisiana
I think the way updates work is that the manufacturer (Samsung) releases the update to the carriers then the carriers add their bloat. Then finally the update is released to the public. Sprint has not released any statement about the 4.4 ota being released.

Theres already a leak of a seemingly final version of 4.4.2 TW that was posted and its fully working, granted w/ some final bugs that didn't get ironed out that samsung is working on. So if the posted info about the OTA coming soon is true, it will be sooner than later before we get the OTA file pushed to the servers for everyone to grab

Reactions: onemanruler

T3CHW0LF

Oct 25, 2012
Los Angeles
Theres already a leak of a seemingly final version of 4.4.2 TW that was posted and its fully working, granted w/ some final bugs that didn't get ironed out that samsung is working on. So if the posted info about the OTA coming soon is true, it will be sooner than later before we get the OTA file pushed to the servers for everyone to grab

Well Sammy just releasee the kernel source for the sprint variant.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/0...axy-note-3-kernel-source-ota-cant-be-far-off/

When this happened to the sprint S4 the ota came out the day after.

digitalsynner85

Sep 15, 2011
New Iberia, Louisiana
Well Sammy just releasee the kernel source for the sprint variant.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/0...axy-note-3-kernel-source-ota-cant-be-far-off/

When this happened to the sprint S4 the ota came out the day after.

I wonder if I should install the 4.3 TAR back on my phone and wait for a day or so and keep checking OTA lol.....I'm loving the 4.4.2 leak though and hopefully the kernel that comes w/ it is perfectly optimized and can enhance the battery life even more than the 4.4.2 leak

T3CHW0LF

Oct 25, 2012
Los Angeles
I wonder if I should install the 4.3 TAR back on my phone and wait for a day or so and keep checking OTA lol.....I'm loving the 4.4.2 leak though and hopefully the kernel that comes w/ it is perfectly optimized and can enhance the battery life even more than the 4.4.2 leak

If you flashed the leaked build then you can't revert back to 4.3 however you can flash the 4.4 tar once its released

Reactions: micmars

snowride20

Mar 9, 2011
Galveston, TX
If you flashed the leaked build then you can't revert back to 4.3 however you can flash the 4.4 tar once its released

If you read through the 4.4 discussion page you will see that the bootloader that came with the leak is unlocked so you can go back 4.3. Once the official is released and you accept or flash it you will not be able to go back.

T3CHW0LF

Oct 25, 2012
Los Angeles
If you read through the 4.4 discussion page you will see that the bootloader that came with the leak is unlocked so you can go back 4.3. Once the official is released and you accept or flash it you will not be able to go back.

That is true only for the NA4 leaked build Due to the engineering bootloader. If you flashed the NAB leaked build then you can no longer go back.

SantinoInc

Jun 19, 2010
NYC
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Simplistic question. How will we make the transition from a rooted MJ4 JB rom to stock KK rom? I'm assuming by flashing a TAR? Will the current TWRP work with KK or will we have to wait for a new KK version?

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

digitalsynner85

Sep 15, 2011
New Iberia, Louisiana

Yeah that was my assumption too as to that I could go back. Didn't realize that if it was NAB I couldn't go back, I had only seen that we could if we flashed. I do apologize

onemanruler

Oct 3, 2012
So far no one has gotten the update but I understand with in the next 24 to 48 hours it should be coming from what I've heard.

Last edited:
Reactions: micmars

cshaff34

Jan 9, 2009
Franklin, IN
Getting it here in Indiana this morning. Ran a manual update and it was there, which is a first.....I typically have to download it after someone has posted here on xda.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I finally upgraded and rooted to 4.4.2 but I don't seem to find anything that I wanted from the 4.4 features (immersive mode or translucent notification bar) is it just me or is everyone else the same?

I wouldn't go back to Jellybean. No interest in it. You posted 4.4, but I'm assuming you meant 4.3.

The footprint is smaller, it's faster, more stable, better performance under the hood, love the full screen album art on the lockscreen, just an overall better user experience...for me.

To each his or her own.

Non sequitur, you can really tell the difference when Sprint gets a 4G area set up properly; it's usually a day or two of weird speeds, followed by a consistent speed that's sort of awesome. This is typical for the last 36 hours. I have no idea if the NABD modem has anything to do with it, as this could be coincidence...

e2ezuty4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    I had the og epic 4G up until about a month ago. It was an awesome phone and virtually unbrickable. That community was truly a family as well. I must say that from the Sprint note 3 community is pretty cool too.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    Here...

There's platform hack? link?

Unzip this Platform.xml file (it's in RAR format), copy/paste push/perm to system/etc/permissions, making sure to rename the one that's there, reboot. Doing his allows your Dropbox to see both memory locations, allows you to make new backups with Titanium Backup, and write new folders and files to external SD using ES File Manager. Can't do those things with this wonderful feature, because only apps with external SD privilages can write to it, like Google Music.

Yup, it's not fun. It's a feature, and only apps granted that external SD writing ability can write to it.

For now, the platform hack is the only if which I know that can trump it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    I'm just going to wait patiently until Freeza has got this ripped up, subdued, knox'ed out, rooted-tooted and flashable. No way I'm doing a flashdance just to get to stock, to attempt to maybe download the ota, to then root again....

And like mentioned earlier, c'mon people, battery life is irrelevant at this point, that's like judging gas mileage 10 minutes out the lot.

Sent from my calculator watch.