Note 3 data only sim

Search This thread

XpyroXcoreX

Dec 11, 2010
Hey guys. I'm currently rocking a nexus 5 32 GB. But I've been thinking about getting a note 3 for the expandable storage. 32 fills up pretty quick. But mainly I want to have the note 3 for an mp3 player/web browser. If I buy an att prepaid sim with say 2gb of data and I throw it in the note 3 or any phone really would it allow data to work? Could I text? I've never heard of anyone trying. If it comes down to it I'll put $20 on a card and try it myself, but I'd rather not before asking.
Thanks in advance. I appreciate it!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

SpikeyPsyche

Mar 3, 2006
Hey guys. I'm currently rocking a nexus 5 32 GB. But I've been thinking about getting a note 3 for the expandable storage. 32 fills up pretty quick. But mainly I want to have the note 3 for an mp3 player/web browser. If I buy an att prepaid sim with say 2gb of data and I throw it in the note 3 or any phone really would it allow data to work? Could I text? I've never heard of anyone trying. If it comes down to it I'll put $20 on a card and try it myself, but I'd rather not before asking.
Thanks in advance. I appreciate it!

Unfortunately, I've tried this, and it's a no-go. If you try to use the prepaid SIM with the pay-as-you-use plan you will find that for smartphones there is no data connection available. It can only be used for text's and calls on ATT's network. It's ATT's nasty way or preventing people from doing exactly what we want to do.

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
Unfortunately, I've tried this, and it's a no-go. If you try to use the prepaid SIM with the pay-as-you-use plan you will find that for smartphones there is no data connection available. It can only be used for text's and calls on ATT's network. It's ATT's nasty way or preventing people from doing exactly what we want to do.

No... That is incorrect. The APNs have to be changed to gain data. I have done it a billion times.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
Settings/wireless and networks/more/mobile networks/access point names.

You will have to add/change the APN to match with the APN of the network you are trying to use. So if it is GoPhone, Google that specific APN.

XpyroXcoreX

Dec 11, 2010
So with setting the correct APNs data only will work... that's awesome... Now to find a decent priced note 3... Thanks man!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No... That is incorrect. The APNs have to be changed to gain data. I have done it a billion times.

Settings/wireless and networks/more/mobile networks/access point names.

You will have to add/change the APN to match with the APN of the network you are trying to use. So if it is GoPhone, Google that specific APN.