Charging alternatives

Search This thread

movieifx

Jan 10, 2009
Like several others, my Truesmart arrived without the 2nd charger that I pledged for. Given the customised nature of the charge cradle I'd really like to have a backup in place (which is why I pledged for the extra charger in the first place). I have sent an email to OMate regarding this, but in the meantime I was wondering if there might be other solutions.

It appears that because of design changes, other cradles such as for SIm Valley/Pearl models won't fit the Truesmart.

Before the cradle the initial solution was a charging clip used similar to those used on other devices so I was wondering if something like this could be put into use:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-010-...99910199&sr=8-2&keywords=garmin+charging+clip

If anyone has any other ideas please post them here.

djonathan

May 11, 2014
The Suunto X9/X10 watches used a similar USB charging/data clip. I have one, but haven't tried it yet. Wondering if I can assume that the pin-outs are the same...

movieifx

Jan 10, 2009
The Suunto X9/X10 watches used a similar USB charging/data clip. I have one, but haven't tried it yet. Wondering if I can assume that the pin-outs are the same...

I think we should see if if we can get pinout information for the omate and options before trying. I'm tempted to get a garmin cable but I want to try and track down the pinout information. I take a pretty risk averse approach to these things :)

Shonky*

Dec 5, 2008
It would be very easy to buzz out the 4 lines from the USB plug to the clip with a multimeter. Should not be necessary to ask anyone.