Stock Android

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 5149701

My Nexus 5 screen is cracked and I found a Note 3 for the same price of a new Nexus 5. I don't like TouchWiz and was wondering if I can put vanilla Android on it. If so, what are the disadvantages? Would I get updates just like the Nexus 5?

willham

May 19, 2009
Seattle
Root and flash an aosp Rom like slim or cm11. the only disadvantages to this is you trip Knox and nfc does not work. You won't get updates like the nexus line but when the developers put out an update you can just flash the new update.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

D

Deleted member 5149701

Root and flash an aosp Rom like slim or cm11. the only disadvantages to this is you trip Knox and nfc does not work. You won't get updates like the nexus line but when the developers put out an update you can just flash the new update.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I could have sworn Knox was tripped on my wife's Note 3, but then I installed Xposed and it fixed it and she was able to update.

What features would I be missing? Would the camera still be just as good? I know there's an s-pen app out, so I could still use that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 5149701

Anyone else? Should I just get the Nexus 5 again?

Techniques

Jul 14, 2012
Well, you would lose all the TouchWiz features. I don't know about the camera quality since I haven't used it but I haven't seen people complaining.

D

Deleted member 5149701

Xposed will not fix the Knox flag.

Okay, well I followed a tutorial and my wife's phone is rotor and Knox isn't tripped so she's able to download updates OTA.

Well, you would lose all the TouchWiz features. I don't know about the camera quality since I haven't used it but I haven't seen people complaining.

Okay, I'm just debating what to do now. I like the size of the Note 3, but I also love the Nexus 5.

D

Deleted member 5149701

If it is rooted, why would you want to get an OTA? That won't really work or will end up unrooting the phone.

Good question, I just know I was able to do an OTA update and SuperUser is still installed along with other apps that require rooting.

Are you running stock android on the Note 3?