[ROM/UPDATE] Android Honeycomb 3.2.2 - Stock & Rooted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

solarnz

Retired Recognized Developer
May 23, 2010
Sydney
NOTE: There have been reports that this does not work on 4G devices either. Do a nandroid and take care.

Straight off the 4G Xoom devices this morning (Thanks to AceXMachine for grabbing the images for me), I present to you the 3.2.2 Stock + Rooted rom!!!

I haven't had a chance to figure out what is actually different yet with 3.2.2.

NOTE: This can be flashed on any device, however the 3g/4g network connectivity will ONLY work on the 4G xooms. Everyone else will be on wifi.

And yes, this comes pre-rooted.

Instructions:
  1. Download the rom
  2. Place it on the sdcard
  3. Reboot into recovery
  4. Make a nandroid
  5. Perform a factory reset (wipe data+cache)
  6. Install the zip file.

Downloads:
Android-HC-3.2.2-Stock+Rooted-1.1-SOLARNZ.zip
MD5Sum: 2f3aebf57c1d1676ee97d4f8365d3018

Changes in 1.1:
Fixed the updater-script. It shouldn't boot loop anymore.

Last edited:

SemperAndroid

Nov 3, 2010
Viera, FL
I installed this per instructions and everything seemed to apply fine, but when reactivating the device it hung at searching for service. I cancelled and did a WIFI setup which went fine.

Anybody else have problems with 3G working after applying this?

Viralblack

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 29, 2010
Akron, OH
Flashed back to stock and relocked, updated to 3.2, rerooted and installed recovery.

Flashed clean, I didnt allow it to finish the first time, got impatient, but noticed DDMS reported it as 3.2.2 so I reflashed it with a bit more time to think.

After successful boot flashed Tachi OC and restored everything else from there.

Great base, and thank you :)

qubz

Jun 12, 2007
A parallel dimension
Hey solarnz I followed the instructions and checked the md5 and Im stuck in a boot loop. Maybe a bad flash? I'll try flashing again.

UPDATE: Same deal. Boot loop for me. Looks like I'm going to have to restore back to stock :(

Last edited:

Viralblack

Jul 29, 2010
Akron, OH
Try going all the way back and then forwards, sometimes a good wipe works kinda like an enema for your device ;)

qubz

Jun 12, 2007
A parallel dimension
Luckily I have a nandroid cause I can't even get into fast boot! For some reason, it froze when I tried to at the "Entering fast boot .." with the moto logo

potatohead

Feb 15, 2006
Stuck at dual core logo on a wifi xoom, any idea what went wrong?

md5 checksum on downloaded zip file on microsd card is correct.

rebooted into recovery and reflashed twice, same result.

qubz

Jun 12, 2007
A parallel dimension
Stuck at dual core logo on a wifi xoom, any idea what went wrong?

md5 checksum on downloaded zip file on microsd card is correct.

rebooted into recovery and reflashed twice, same result.

Thats two of us so far. Until solarnz chimes in, WiFi xoomers beware. If you're still game be sure to make a nandroid backup.

Last edited:
Reactions: potatohead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTE: There have been reports that this does not work on 4G devices either. Do a nandroid and take care.

Straight off the 4G Xoom devices this morning (Thanks to AceXMachine for grabbing the images for me), I present to you the 3.2.2 Stock + Rooted rom!!!

I haven't had a chance to figure out what is actually different yet with 3.2.2.

NOTE: This can be flashed on any device, however the 3g/4g network connectivity will ONLY work on the 4G xooms. Everyone else will be on wifi.

And yes, this comes pre-rooted.

Instructions:
    1. Download the rom
    2. Place it on the sdcard
    3. Reboot into recovery
    4. Make a nandroid
    5. Perform a factory reset (wipe data+cache)
    6. Install the zip file.

Downloads:
    Android-HC-3.2.2-Stock+Rooted-1.1-SOLARNZ.zip
    MD5Sum: 2f3aebf57c1d1676ee97d4f8365d3018

Changes in 1.1:
    Fixed the updater-script. It shouldn't boot loop anymore.
    So now the million dollar question, when can we expect a Tiamat ROM based on this? I am running Hammerhead with all its glory so would hate to step back to this stock rom only to upgrade a few days later. The WiFi and BT tethering issues are definitely a pain, but I can live with them for a little while longer. ;)
    Yes, the next version of the Tiamat Rom will be based of 3.2.2. I am currently working on this as we speak.
    I have a wifi only xoom, and it worked perfectly for me.

Make sure you did a factory reset before flashing this.
    Sooo were you able to connect both 3g/4g AND wifi now with this setup? kinda unclear where it says you "acheived the same result" does this mean you acheived no wifi again? or acheived all 3 radios working? thanx...guess I could just try it for myself

Maybe, I was a bit unclear... what I was trying to say was that I achieved a fresh 3.2.2 stock/rooted install on my Xoom by using Moto's images and Solarnz's any root update.

My steps:

1.) Flash Moto's boot, system, and userdata images via ABD
    2.) Flash Solarnz's modded CWR image via ADB
    3.) Once flashing is confirmed complete, reboot Xoom by holding power + vol up
    3.) Wait 3 secs after Moto logo appears, press vol down... you should see "Android Recovery" text in the top left, press vol up to boot into recovery
    4.) Apply Solarnz's any root update zip file, and reboot
    5.) Enjoy your stock 3.2.2 Xoom with root

Note: Make sure you have Solarnz's update ZIP on your SD card before you start