GPS Accuracy

Search This thread

geebee1932

Nov 12, 2007
Parker
I am new to the Note 3 but not to Android in general. I am coming off the Nexus 5 which I used for both a phone and my cycling computer. The Nexus 5 was rock solid and accurate in regards to the route and milage. The Note 3 seems to be way off. The map of my route was not even close and the milage was off by 15%. I use the same program to record the ride as in the Nexus 5. Anyone else see these issues? Thanks.

fatalPORKshank

Dec 18, 2012
Milwaukee
I am new to the Note 3 but not to Android in general. I am coming off the Nexus 5 which I used for both a phone and my cycling computer. The Nexus 5 was rock solid and accurate in regards to the route and milage. The Note 3 seems to be way off. The map of my route was not even close and the milage was off by 15%. I use the same program to record the ride as in the Nexus 5. Anyone else see these issues? Thanks.

I've noticed this too. Comparing to my wife's S3 using GPS Status, her accuracy is down under 10ft when stationary. My Note3 is double that. Is this a known issue?

DarkManX4lf

May 11, 2007
NYC
Yeah I've got the same issue too.

I've tried on tw and Aosp and gps isn't as accurate.

Last edited:

jdelano

Sep 10, 2010
Buford, GA
I use navigation quite a bit and it has been quite effective. I'm running 4.4.2 NC5, are you? (settings > general > about phone > baseband and build number)

There are a couple GPS apps that can help GPS Status & Toolbox and GPS Essentials

They can give you some information and perhaps help diagnose what is going on.