[Q] Hard bricked my HTC One V - Please help

Search This thread

bluevolt

Aug 5, 2012
My phone was working perfectly fine till one evening when I got an OTA update notification which was related to whatsapp bux fix 13 mb in size. I choose to install the update and after downloading the update and restarting it never turned on to normal menu. It keeps stuck on htc one/beats audio screen, no hard reset working on hardware button configuration, not even able to enter fast boot mode at all. It just keeps on.
my HTC One V is officially hard bricked declared both by SVC and friendly neighbourhood mobile repair guy. They suggest motherboard replacement which is not worth doing for a two year old phone. The phone loops through on/off cycle and keeps stuck at HTC/Beats audio start screen. So now I have the most expensive paper weight in my house.

Any possibilities? I am wondering how an OTA update can hard brick my phone?

Ringford

May 14, 2012
Jakarta, Indonesia
My phone was working perfectly fine till one evening when I got an OTA update notification which was related to whatsapp bux fix 13 mb in size. I choose to install the update and after downloading the update and restarting it never turned on to normal menu. It keeps stuck on htc one/beats audio screen, no hard reset working on hardware button configuration, not even able to enter fast boot mode at all. It just keeps on.
my HTC One V is officially hard bricked declared both by SVC and friendly neighbourhood mobile repair guy. They suggest motherboard replacement which is not worth doing for a two year old phone. The phone loops through on/off cycle and keeps stuck at HTC/Beats audio start screen. So now I have the most expensive paper weight in my house.

Wrong section. You should post this on 'Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting' section.

Minto107

Aug 10, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Your neighbourhood mobile repair guy is stupid. OTA can't brick ur phone. If you'd to unbrick it:
Plug your phone to AC Adapter
Now try to go into fastboot then recovery and factory reset

Reactions: Fikus011

Urvins

Apr 3, 2013
MUMBAI
More details required

Have you got recovery software installed?
Which recovery ?

Call me on +919029179997.
I guarantee it is not bricked.

Fikus011

Jan 15, 2012
Perth

First of:Your phone is not,I repeat NOT "HARD" Bricked. Hard brick would be if it does not give any sign of life,I mean any at all.If the phone led even works it means it's not hard bricked trust me,
I do not know what happened to your phone but you can try to repair it your self by doing the following:

1.Hold your power button+volume down pressed at the same time until your phone boots into bootloader,then choose recovery and enter it.
2.Now do the factory reset and reboot.
3.That's it.
Now what I wrote is the most simple soiution,ofc it might not work depends on what is wrong with your phone,but from what you've described it seems that nothing more serious could happen to it.

Your neighbourhood mobile repair guy is stupid. OTA can't brick ur phone. If you'd to unbrick it:

+1

bluevolt

Aug 5, 2012
Guys i own a htc desire 816 now. I still have my bricked htc one v and today i was again try to fix the issue but the screen is still stuck at htc logo and the biggest problem is that i am not able to get the phone into fastboot mode by pressing volume down + power button.

Any help or i should throw away the phone:/

bluevolt

Aug 5, 2012
Update - i was fiddling with the buttons combo and luckily i was able to get into fastboot menu. I selected the factory reset option and the phone restarted.

Now after htc logo screen it fades into a black screen with nothing on it except the back lit of lcd.

I am again trying to get into fastboot but it is not going into fastboot mode.

Any further pointers?

XDAcube

Nov 22, 2014
Update - i was fiddling with the buttons combo and luckily i was able to get into fastboot menu. I selected the factory reset option and the phone restarted.

Now after htc logo screen it fades into a black screen with nothing on it except the back lit of lcd.

I am again trying to get into fastboot but it is not going into fastboot mode.

Any further pointers?
Late to the party i know but have you tried a ruu?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.