ICS wifi freezing issue

Search This thread

y_n_t

Oct 29, 2008
Iasi
Hi guys,
The wifi problem is killing me, every day when I come back from work the phone is freezing when wifi is turned on. I run on official ICS 4.0.3 update via kies air. Exist a solution, ROM or workaround to fix it? I've tried all the advice from this topic but without success, every time need to reboot the phone it's frustrating for me.

ankurprime

Mar 17, 2012
Dhanbad
Hi guys,
The wifi problem is killing me, every day when I come back from work the phone is freezing when wifi is turned on. I run on official ICS 4.0.3 update via kies air. Exist a solution, ROM or workaround to fix it? I've tried all the advice from this topic but without success, every time need to reboot the phone it's frustrating for me.

reboot is the only sure shot solution as of now..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

y_n_t

Oct 29, 2008
Iasi
It's so stupid, what is the advantage of a powerfull device when it contains bugs like this?
I start to hate samsung...

LeifGR

Apr 27, 2005
Still working?

installed the latest SiyahKernel v3.1.2 and the problem is gone.
I am on I9100XXLPQ. I had installed the CF-Root-SGS2_XX_XEO_LPQ-PROPER-v5.4-CWM5 but that didn't make a difference.
SiyahKernel fixed it . Just install over CF-ROOT with odin.

@htcmagic: A couple of months later I thought I would check if you still deem Siyah v3.1.2 to have fixed the issue? Many thanks.

Nov 19, 2011
Redmi K20 Pro
Wifi started working again

I had the same wifi freezing issue in my galaxy S2 i9100..at first i simply cant turn on the wifi..i have tried all options mentioned here..finally i came to know the heat related issue that burned the register across wifi chip and bla bla..i have no wifi in my s2 for a month..last week i managed to dual boot my s2..surprisingly follwing things happened..

1.I can turn on the wifi only when battery level is below 10%..then it continues to work
2.Every morning i woke up it cant be turned on..and i tried to discharge the battery to below 10 % and then it connects..
3.Wifi only connects on Resurrection Remix ROM but not on Stock ICs which is my secondary Rom
4.If it is hardware issue..then why it connects now.
5.It connects and disconnects i use software like fix my wifi https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lynx.fixmywifi
FXR wifi fix and rescue https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...1vcmVmaXhlciJd

Can someone helps me about this issue..why wifi connectivity is related to battery level and only connects to RR remix ROM??

(sorry for Bad English)

ankurprime

Mar 17, 2012
Dhanbad
That is correct. Install any of the 4.0.4 and wifi toggle works smoothly like it should be.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

sucro

Jan 19, 2008
Vienna
It's not true, runing ICS stock rom 4.0.4, and still same problem, at some people even with JB 4.1.2 - same problem, read bellow,

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=28036

For some people this app helped,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...mNvbS5icmlsbGlhcHBzLndpZmlhbmRtb3JlZml4ZXIiXQ..

i installed it, so we'll see.... I'm using ICS 4.0.4 last 3-4 months, never had problems with freezeing at activating WiFi, but at once before 1-2 days it started to freeze my phone when i enable WiFi... I don't know what could cause this problem, some people wrote updating many apps at once, or unistalling, or whatever, i have about 150-160 installed apps, so if number of apps is problem or some app, there can be reason in my case...

However bad bug my Samsung!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why do you people use Siyah and complain?
    JUST USE THE STOCK KERNEL

THE STOCK KERNEL HAS THE WIFI BUG!

Give the guy a break - he wasn't complaining, merely pointing out that for him the Siyah kernel does not solve the wifi bug. Pretty useful information given that earlier posts are suggesting this might be a solution.
    I am facing same wifi freezing issue on Siyah v3.1rc5 kernel :(
    set the wifi to use 2.4Ghz. the bug hasn't occurred yet for 3 days. i always do on/off wifi because im mobile.

factory reset - doesnt work
    fresh odin flash - doesnt work, confirmed by others and a friend
    custom kernel - not sure, some positive and false positive results
    wifi direct toggle - temporary but sometimes work
    airplane mode toggle - same as wifi direct
    reboot - obviously fixes the issue.

when your phone sleeps and can't wake, dont remove the battery. press and hold on/lock button for 5 seconds. will do force reboot.
    Setting WiFi to 2.4GHz did not help, WiFi still freezes... :(