Touch Screen Not working after 3.17.xx.x JB Update

Search This thread

mrberni

Jun 11, 2012
City 17
www.familie-bernhardt.de
Touch Screen Not working after JB Update

I can confirm this works for CID TELNZ001.

Thx for confirming this mate.
Seems more and more people are being updated the 3.17 base and having troubles with the roms around afterwards. :( Glad that this helps them out. :)
So please keep me updated when OTAs for new CIDs arrive so that I can keep my thread updated. :good:

Reactions: adamnz

eddie_r

Jan 25, 2013
Do you know if theres a similar boot.img for non-sense roms? Enjoying ViperX but I'm keen to play around with some other roms

mrberni

Jun 11, 2012
City 17
www.familie-bernhardt.de
Not yet,
but the source has just been released so here's hoping some devs get stuck in to it

There has been release a "new" kernel source since this morning:
Device - Carrier - Region - Kernel - Description
One X - HTC - WWE - 3.1.10 - 3.17.1136.3

Maybe a custom kernel based on this could be useful? Or can the devs make 3.14 based custom ones work with CIDs that are updatet to 3.17?

adamnz

Jan 15, 2011
Dunedin, NZ
Or can the devs make 3.14 based custom ones work with CIDs that are updatet to 3.17?

I guess they could if they looked at the 3.17 source an patched the 3.14 with the necessary fixes.
Unfortunately the usersbase with 3.17 is very small and I think kernel devs will see it as being unimportant. (I hope I'm wrong)

It seems that most devs base every thing off x.xx.401.x. So 3.17 might not come until 3.17.401.x comes out.
Will wait and see :D

Until then I'll keep using your miui_boot.img on ViperX , thanks mrberni

mrberni

Jun 11, 2012
City 17
www.familie-bernhardt.de

I guess they could if they looked at the 3.17 source an patched the 3.14 with the necessary fixes.
Unfortunately the usersbase with 3.17 is very small and I think kernel devs will see it as being unimportant. (I hope I'm wrong)

It seems that most devs base every thing off x.xx.401.x. So 3.17 might not come until 3.17.401.x comes out.
Will wait and see :D

Until then I'll keep using your miui_boot.img on ViperX , thanks mrberni

Just thought that it looks like a generic wwe 3.17 base that is coming along. So that the userbase will rise. :)

Nice to hear that my stuff helped you out. By that way, did you tried repacking viperx stock boot.img with my boot.img (not boot_miui.img)? Maybe some viperx specific settings/tweaks are lost when using boot_miui.img. :p

adamnz

Jan 15, 2011
Dunedin, NZ
By that way, did you tried repacking viperx stock boot.img with my boot.img (not boot_miui.img)? Maybe some viperx specific settings/tweaks are lost when using boot_miui.img. :p

Every thing seems to work well, so I have not bothered trying :D

Now that the kernel source is out, people with HTC__023 and TELNZ001 should go and test any roms or kernels and report to the devs if touch is working or not.

Reactions: mrberni

jonesy_82

Nov 23, 2012
Canberra, AU
Touch and signal issues

I upgraded hboot from 0.95 to 1.39, flashed ARHD 18.1 and straight away my touchscreen didn't work (nothing unusual I understand). I tried the kernels (both boot.img and boot_miui.img ) and modules supplied by mrberni http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2120714 which solved the touch issue but then I couldn't get a signal. HOX says no. Tried re-booting, re-flashing, re-everything. If I go through the hboot upgrade process again will that make any difference?

adamnz

Jan 15, 2011
Dunedin, NZ
I upgraded hboot from 0.95 to 1.39, flashed ARHD 18.1 and straight away my touchscreen didn't work (nothing unusual I understand). I tried the kernels (both boot.img and boot_miui.img ) and modules supplied by mrberni http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2120714 which solved the touch issue but then I couldn't get a signal. HOX says no. Tried re-booting, re-flashing, re-everything. If I go through the hboot upgrade process again will that make any difference?

Did you flash the zip file in recovery? (for the modules) this is the biggest cause of no signal when flashing Kernels

going through the hboot update process won't help, trust me I've tried in the past

Reactions: jonesy_82

mrberni

Jun 11, 2012
City 17
www.familie-bernhardt.de

Dang it!

Yeah, I flashed the zip in recovery. I might try it again, then flash the boot image in fastboot. See what happens.

Try flashing the modules and recovery, then flash boot_miui.img via fastboot and erase cache before first boot.
If that does not work try repacking arhd boot.img with my boot.img.

Reactions: jonesy_82

jonesy_82

Nov 23, 2012
Canberra, AU
Try flashing the modules and recovery, then flash boot_miui.img via fastboot and erase cache before first boot.
If that does not work try repacking arhd boot.img with my boot.img.

Got it! Not sure where the problem was occurring, but problem solved.

Started fresh. Full wipe to begin with. Flashed mrberni's boot.img using fastboot. Installed ARHD zip and mrberni's modules in recovery. Now touch is working AND my phone has a signal! (touch still doesn't work in recovery though, but that's no biggie)

A big thanks to adamnz and mrberni for the assist.

mrberni

Jun 11, 2012
City 17
www.familie-bernhardt.de

Started fresh. Full wipe to begin with. Flashed mrberni's boot.img using fastboot. Installed ARHD zip and mrberni's modules in recovery. Now touch is working AND my phone has a signal! (touch still doesn't work in recovery though, but that's no biggie)

Nice to hear it works mate.
You can also try latest ncx kernel. It has 3.17 patches integrated to make your touch work, too. :)

adamnz

Jan 15, 2011
Dunedin, NZ

Good to hear you got it sorted,

I'd recommend a non-touch recovery like this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1941630&highlight=cwm
It make navigating in Aroma installer much easier.

As a side note, ViperX 3.3.7 works with the new ViperX kernel

Shadywrx

Dec 6, 2012
Wellington
Re: Touch Screen Not working after JB Update

Sweet so wven though its 3.14 based still works on our 3.17?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts