[Q] viber and mobile voip problems

Search This thread

datta1992

Feb 22, 2012
Hi guys,
I had issues with viber and mobile voip ( voip application ) on the original sense rom when i got the phone new last time. Because of that and the advantages of custom roms, i went to CM based roms. It was great. Thing is i missed the sense look and feel....Long story short, i now have Renovate Rom with the kernel supplied with it. I am facing the same problems again. People on the other end cant hear me, and call connection is poor. A friend of mine said its due to sense 4+. Please do help me solve this, as i love the sense, just that this is whats putting me off...Thanks guys.:eek:

Viber Team

Feb 2, 2011
Hi,
This is Viber's rep. I'm here to help. :)

It sounds like the typical Custom ROM issue - some custom ROMs alter the microphone definitions of your phone, causing Viber not to recognize the phone's microphone properly. That is the reason that Viber cannot transmit your sound to the other side. We discussed this issue in detail with our users in this thread on XDA Forums: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25865775#post25865775

Please note that in that thread, a workaround was suggested *by a user* that seemed to have solved the problem for Galaxy S+S2 users.

Let us know if the issue persists. :)

Thanks,
Viber

datta1992

Feb 22, 2012
Hi,
This is Viber's rep. I'm here to help. :)

It sounds like the typical Custom ROM issue - some custom ROMs alter the microphone definitions of your phone, causing Viber not to recognize the phone's microphone properly. That is the reason that Viber cannot transmit your sound to the other side. We discussed this issue in detail with our users in this thread on XDA Forums: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25865775#post25865775

Please note that in that thread, a workaround was suggested *by a user* that seemed to have solved the problem for Galaxy S+S2 users.

Let us know if the issue persists. :)

Thanks,
Viber
Hi, and thanks for the link...checked it out....well, i was having the same problem earlier with the original htc rom when i bought the phone...thats the reason i was soo eager to change to custom roms....Its working excellently on cm based roms, so is my mobile voip....My friend also said, he had issues with bad internet/wifi when he updated his old one x to sense 4+, and everything was fine on sense 4.0......The link u suggested says to change some stuff which it says for samsung galaxy.....It would be really great if you would be able to point me to the right direction on this, as i believe its not just because its a custom rom as i had the exact same issues with original HTC rom....Thank you very much...Hope to hear a solution from u soon...:)

Viber Team

Feb 2, 2011
Hi again,
I apologize for my late response.

Unfortunately there is not much we (Viber) can do to help, as official representatives :(

The fact that the problem was solved on CM, but is now present again on the new ROM you're using, suggests that it is indeed a problem with the ROM (and not Viber). We recommend that you contact people on that thread, or in other threads here on XDA, who might have had similar issues. At this stage we (Viber) will not be able to suggest a solution for this problem, caused by the Custom ROM :(

Reactions: datta1992

datta1992

Feb 22, 2012
Hi again,

Unfortunately there is not much we (Viber) can do to help, as official representatives :(

The fact that the problem was solved on CM, but is now present again on the new ROM you're using, suggests that it is indeed a problem with the ROM (and not Viber). We recommend that you contact people on that thread, or in other threads here on XDA, who might have had similar issues. At this stage we (Viber) will not be able to suggest a solution for this problem, caused by the Custom ROM :(
Its alright...Thank you very much...i hope someone else on standard htc rom can help, or maybe if sense 5 comes out for one x, it would be solved.....I love viber on CM10.1.....like a regular call..best off all, free.....support you guys all the way....:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi again,