14.1.G.1.534 vs 14.1.G.2.257 Camera Comparison

Search This thread
These pictures were taken with both firmwares about 8 minutes apart (updated in the park) on the same phone and in roughly the same light. I would have been faster but there was a Dutch family taking pictures and I didn't want to have them in the picture.

xttQQuw.png

8zQYeTs.png

301stSpartan

Apr 15, 2012
Chicago, IL
These pictures were taken with both firmwares about 8 minutes apart (updated in the park) on the same phone and in roughly the same light. I would have been faster but there was a Dutch family taking pictures and I didn't want to have them in the picture.

xttQQuw.png

8zQYeTs.png

Great job! Is nice to see some actual comparisons behind everyone's anecdotal comments that the camera is better in 257. Thanks for the proof. :thumbup:

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

bloodfire1004

Sep 27, 2012
No, Manual, 8MP 4:3, no scene, no EV, no processing.

Perfect! I was wondering if the improvement only applied to Superior Auto mode, Burst, Panorama and what not but not the Manual. Turns out it seems to really be on their post-processing software and not just the various modes!

This made my day and I'm excited to shoot even more stuff with the new firmware. Thanks!

P.S. 8 Minute update time is really fast! I updated mine through SUS around 2 hours :p

ImAnurag

Aug 10, 2011
New Delhi
GizmoBolt.com
Google Pixel 2 XL
Yeah, way to go just grab content and **** adverts around it (I am borrowing liberally from the commenter on the piece). Also how did they make me "Dutch". As an Icelander I am shocked by this accusation. An Icelander taking pictures in Germany becomes Dutch, I guess...

every site has copied the same post and even on GsmArena, PhoneArena everyone calling you Dutch :silly: Mail them regarding this if you want :good:

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Thanks for this @jluster
I was in a dilemma should I flash 257 or wait for next firmware and now I have my answer.... I will flash it and will flash it as soon as possible ;)

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

wolvie77

Mar 5, 2010
New firmware using manual

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1382759162174.jpg
    1382759162174.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 691
Reactions: buddahlou

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

xttQQuw.png

8zQYeTs.png
    SA mode compare, please, someone.
    New firmware using manual

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    The image was cropped and it shows that image is much more detailed in the new firmware.

But it doesn´t show that the image is more detailed BECAUSE of the new firmware.

In fact the first crop shows that the old firmware is capable showing much more details than the second crop labeled with "OLD" shows.
    This already is the prove that the big difference can´t be the firmware alone and other variables must have changed between shot "OLD" and "NEW" as well.

The difference in the first crop might be the firmware alone, but of course seeing the second crop makes me doubt that this is the case.
    Are this both crops from the same Image? If yes then most likely some of the difference in crop 1 is due to something else as well.

In crop one it is also clear that the "NEW" shot is taken quite a bit closer to the subject, which alone can be enough for this difference.

Crop 2 is the opposite here the "OLD" crop is quite a bit closer. Depending where the focus-point was this could be most of the difference as well, because depth of field gets narrower if you get closer to your subject.

What I´m trying to say is, there is far to much changing between these shots to get any useful conclusion.