Loosing my mind...

Search This thread

N0VIX

Aug 17, 2013
Hey folks, I'm totally new to this stuff but have been force into it by a "friend" who let someone mess with my phone that I left behind one day. Anyways after reading up on things here and trying a couple things I'm still at a loss as how to get my phone back to stock. I've tried Odin with new .Tar files(I337MVLUFNC1_I337MOYAFNC1_RWC) which got everything back and running but after that I'm honestly worried to do anything else that might really screw the phone up. I'm really sorry I'm so noob at this but I was forced into it like I said. When I'm in download mode this is what is at the top left

Odin Mode
Product Name: SGH-i337m
Current Binary: Custom
System Status: Custom
CSB-Config-LSB: 0x30
Write Protection mode: Enabled

How bad is this and how can I get this back to "stock" or what it should read? Did he install a custom Rom/Kernel.... I really feel like an idiot asking this stuff ... I usually try and do it on my own but I'm lost here.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and respect, I would never ask if I knew what to do!

Peace

N0VIX

Aug 17, 2013
Like I said it seems to be back to stock, except for those "custom" denotations, which I'm not sure what they mean. Also I can't get onto my LTE/3g data anymore. I read somewhere about changing the provider code via a play store app, so I'm hoping that will fix it. If not is there something to do with a .pit file that could have made it so I can't use my data LTE/3G?

Thanks

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Like I said it seems to be back to stock, except for those "custom" denotations, which I'm not sure what they mean. Also I can't get onto my LTE/3g data anymore. I read somewhere about changing the provider code via a play store app, so I'm hoping that will fix it. If not is there something to do with a .pit file that could have made it so I can't use my data LTE/3G?

Thanks

For your lte/3g issue I would start by checking you apn. Settings, wireless& network, more, mobile networks, access point names. Google your carriers apn settings and see if they match. If they don't, edit what you have

Sent from my Nexus 5

N0VIX

Aug 17, 2013
For your lte/3g issue I would start by checking you apn. Settings, wireless& network, more, mobile networks, access point names. Google your carriers apn settings and see if they match. If they don't, edit what you have

Sent from my Nexus 5

Totally correct my friend, apparently there is a "bug" that when updating the firmware you loose all the APN info it goes completely blank. Looks like I'm back to 100%.

As a side note though the I337MVLUFNC1_I337MOYAFNC1_I337MVLUFNC1_HOME.tar.md5 file you get from Samsung firmware that is noted as RVC (Rogers) actually installs as Bell (BMC). As I checked the CSC info as well as it had a couple Bell bloat ware apps.

Thanks for the help folks !!!

Peace

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Totally correct my friend, apparently there is a "bug" that when updating the firmware you loose all the APN info it goes completely blank. Looks like I'm back to 100%.

As a side note though the I337MVLUFNC1_I337MOYAFNC1_I337MVLUFNC1_HOME.tar.md5 file you get from Samsung firmware that is noted as RVC (Rogers) actually installs as Bell (BMC). As I checked the CSC info as well as it had a couple Bell bloat ware apps.

Thanks for the help folks !!!

Peace

Just so you know, all I337m's use those same firmware packages but there's just different carrier bloat and not every carrier puts out the package with bloat. As long as you change the csc to your carrier afterwards it's no big deal, and I don't know if it really affects anything even if you don't.