how to set a different launcher?

Search This thread

Stea1th

Oct 12, 2007
I have the fire, it's pretty cool. I got a few andriod apps on it working. They are a bit buggy but only when they are resumed from standby.

Anyway, I loaded up golauncher and it works however it keeps defaulting back to the ****ty amazon launcher.

Any idea how i can have it set perminitly?

Thanks

stevemw

Apr 1, 2007
Bailey's Crossroads
Just as the forked versions of Gingerbread and Jelly Bean that have been the basis for all the other Kindle products, you should NOT expect any mainstream Android app to work on the Fire Phone without some Amazon-specific modification.

Last edited:

onna

Jan 21, 2009
www.dgread.com
Just as the forked versions of Gingerbread and Jelly Bean that have been the basis for all the other Kindle products, you should I expect any mainstream Android app to work on the Fire Phone without some Amazon-specific modification.
I've tried to install Nova Launcher from apk, i was not able to set it as a default or put any widgets, each attempt ending with launcher crash. Google apps- Market and Maps- would not run, Music and Drive did run ok.
I just used apks, did not try to root the phone.

laidbackcloud

Aug 12, 2014
I use yahoo aviate, and it works very well. It has not crashed and doesnt consume much battery. Its very organized. Try it out.