[Q] Back-up transfer

Search This thread

Dragonsniper108

Feb 14, 2014
I have a samsung galaxy s2 and I am thinking of upgrading to a samsung galaxy s4. But I want to keep all the existing apps, data, messages, emails, etc... from the s2 to the s4, upon that the Rom itself. So is it possible to backup the s2 Rom then root the s4 and extract all the data from the backup onto the s4. Is that possible or will the firmware not allow it. So my question is "Is it possible to transfer a backup from a different phone onto an other phone?"

Gyula999

Apr 9, 2013
Backup

I have a samsung galaxy s2 and I am thinking of upgrading to a samsung galaxy s4. But I want to keep all the existing apps, data, messages, emails, etc... from the s2 to the s4, upon that the Rom itself. So is it possible to backup the s2 Rom then root the s4 and extract all the data from the backup onto the s4. Is that possible or will the firmware not allow it. So my question is "Is it possible to transfer a backup from a different phone onto an other phone?"

Hi,

I don't think you should do what you want, because it can cause a lot of problems, if you just transfer data between different Android versions.

However, I think you can synchronize almost everything to yout Google Account (contacts, emails, phone numbers, installed apps, maybe even the data for them), so these informations will not get lost.

The only exception is SMS, but that can be solved too: there is an app on Google Play that can do that for you. (Name is "SMS Backup & Restore" made by Ritesh Sahu)

You backup SMS messages to XML file, keep it somewhere (for example microSD card), and from the new software you install this app again, and simply restore your backup. If something fails, that is no problem, since messages will be in XML files, and you can even read them with a text editor, so they will not disappear :)

So my advice is: backup SMS messages, and sync every other. But remember to do these before you do anything that can erase these data (or before you want to take them to the new device).

sasan_blue

Jun 9, 2012
Developers advise everyone not to backup app data and restore on a different version android because not only they cause application crash, they may also write the wrong lines in system paths ( sorry I've forgot the actual reason :silly: )
If you want a fresh install of your current ROM, it's ok to backup and restore everything

I normally go with Go Backup Pro cracked

m110a2

Jul 30, 2013
Madrid
Hi,

You have another app, called SMS Backup + by Jan Berkel.

With this app you can do the backups of SMS, Call Logs and Whatsapp in Gmail, each one in their respective folder. Then, if you have Outlook, these new mails can be downloaded to your PC (using filters). The backups can be done automatically.

Saludos