[Q] Custom text tone

Search This thread

mzal

Sep 30, 2011
Hello,

Windows Phone 8 now supports custom text tones so you can select custom text tone (SMS) for each phone number. This works great but I have a problem because I would like to select a custom text tone for receiving fire alerts (like pager), but the problem is that sender of this messages is not a phone number but a text entry (instead of for example 0028631234523, sender is GZTrbovlje). I have tried to save this as a contact and then add a custom text tone, but it doesn't work, because it is not a phone number. Any idea how to solve this?

I would like to have this configured because I would like to have a very loud text tone fort his messages. Andoid has a FireAlert app but there is no app like this for Windows Phone so this would be a good workaround.

Thank you!

Best wishes,
Marko

th0mas96

Nov 23, 2012
Hey,
You might try the following, but I have no idea if it works since I cannot test it:
go to your messages, click the thread with the message. On top, it should say "GZTrbovlje". you can click that name and save it as contact, it will save the name as email address, but you can still change the ringtone without having the phone number.

mzal

Sep 30, 2011
Hello,

thank you for your answer. I have tried this but it doesn't work. Any other idea?

Best wishes,
Marko