how to add native call recording

Search This thread

1iwilly

Aug 19, 2011
found it here=http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53710367
and wrote the way i did it for me to understand it hope it helps. i'm rooted with towel rooted had to try it my way since they have a zip to flash in recovery

ok i'm on stock rom rooted with towel root i use the altenate method using root explorer i made a copy of the feature.xml then copy it to my computer using wordpad i added the require line posted here=
<!-- Call -->
<CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>RecordingAllowed</CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>
exit and save it then move it back to the phone internal storage then again root explorer went to where the file is=system/csc/feature.xml
in root explorer tab storage found the file press on it select copy then went back to the system/csc/feature.xml on the bottom laft corner hit copy here over write yes then press on the feature.xml then choose permission only.then you only need check mark on owner,group,others,write
click ok then reboot. once rebooted click on dialer then the number press on #one for voice mail once in voice mail if you look at the first button on the left it says record when you are listening to the voice click on it bam it start recording hit it again it stops and save it,hope this help others
that have a hard time figuring direction this is the best i can describe it. this is what it should look like=
!-- Call -->
<CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>RecordingAllowed</CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>
<CscFeature_VoiceCall_IPCallPrefix>false</CscFeature_VoiceCall_IPCallPrefix>
<CscFeature_VoiceCall_TotalCallTime>false</CscFeature_VoiceCall_TotalCallTime>
<CscFeature_VoiceCall_ServiceNumberDisplay>false</CscFeature_VoiceCall_ServiceNumberDisplay>
<CscFeature_VoiceCall_RemoveCallButtonInLogsList>true</CscFeature_VoiceCall_RemoveCallButtonInLogsList

Last edited:

Skyrocket2

Sep 21, 2012
and wrote the way i did it for me to understand it hope it helps. i'm rooted with towel rooted had to try it my way since they have a zip to flash in recovery

ok i'm on stock rom rooted with towel root i use the altenate method using root explorer i made a copy of the feature.xml then copy it to my computer using wordpad i added the require line posted here=
<!-- Call -->
exit and save it then move it back to the phone internal storage then again root explorer went to where the file is=system/csc/feature.xml
in root explorer tab storage found the file press on it select copy then went back to the system/csc/feature.xml on the bottom laft corner hit copy here over write yes then press on the feature.xml then choose permission only.then you only need check mark on owner,group,others,write
click ok then reboot. once rebooted click on dialer then the number press on #one for voice mail once in voice mail if you look at the first button on the left it says record when you are listening to the voice click on it bam it start recording hit it again it stops and save it,hope this help others
that have a hard time figuring direction this is the best i can describe it. this is what it should look like=
!-- Call -->
<CscFeature_VoiceCall_ServiceNumberDisplay>false</CscFeature_VoiceCall_ServiceNumberDisplay>
<CscFeature_VoiceCall_RemoveCallButtonInLogsList>true</CscFeature_VoiceCall_RemoveCallButtonInLogsList

Thanks for this. It works perfectly! :good:

1iwilly

Aug 19, 2011
anybody else that tried this mod is it still working for you.?? mine went back to + add call instead record even though the script still there unchange

1iwilly

Aug 19, 2011
OK got it working again the script has to look like this or it won't work also it won't record if you turn data off and turn wifi calling on or both on.

<!-- Call -->
<CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>
RecordingAllowed</CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>
<CscFeature_VoiceCall_RemoveCallButtonInLogsList>true</CscFeature_VoiceCall_RemoveCallButtonInLogsList>

<!-- Dialer -->

NOT like this=
<!-- Call -->
<CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>RecordingAll owed</CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>
<CscFeature_VoiceCall_ServiceNumberDisplay>false </CscFeature_VoiceCall_ServiceNumberDisplay>
<CscFeature_VoiceCall_RemoveCallButtonInLogsList>t rue</CscFeature_VoiceCall_RemoveCallButtonInLogsList

<!-- Dialer -->

hope this helps others

Last edited:

Skyrocket2

Sep 21, 2012
OK got it working again the script has to look like this or it won't work also it won't record if you turn data off and turn wifi calling on or both on.

<!-- Call -->
<CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>
RecordingAllowed</CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>
<CscFeature_VoiceCall_RemoveCallButtonInLogsList>true</CscFeature_VoiceCall_RemoveCallButtonInLogsList>

<!-- Dialer -->

NOT like this=
<!-- Call -->
<CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>RecordingAll owed</CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>
<CscFeature_VoiceCall_ServiceNumberDisplay>false </CscFeature_VoiceCall_ServiceNumberDisplay>
<CscFeature_VoiceCall_RemoveCallButtonInLogsList>t rue</CscFeature_VoiceCall_RemoveCallButtonInLogsList

<!-- Dialer -->

hope this helps others

The difference is because you had a space in the word RecordingAllowed?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

<!-- Call -->
    !-- Call -->