[ROM]-[22-APR-2012]-MikTouch-0.5-[Stock, Optimized Sense]

Search This thread

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
Any one else have certain keyboard keystrokes launch the browser while typing? Might just be my install. A reboot cleared it.

Also the HTC weather widget showed Sun-Wed instead of Tues-Fri for the forcast icons on my device. Anyone else seeing that?

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

yogi2010

Dec 22, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Also the HTC weather widget showed Sun-Wed instead of Tues-Fri for the forcast icons on my device. Anyone else seeing that?

I am seeing this. basically it seems HTC slightly borked that widget in the new stock ROM- when in landscape mode, the graphics for the weather were not showing up. what I had done previously was take that widget from the 1.28.531.9 ROM, and paste it into the new ROM. that fixed the graphics, but led to that bug with the days being 2 days backward phase-shifted, lol. I am not sure if Jkilo used the widget from the earlier ROM or not, but this is the behavior I got when I did that.... it was a choice between 2 little bugs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coug76

nlarge

Apr 20, 2007
Dsp is same for me.. had to disable it

Getting fc on dspmanger after enabling equalizer on phone speaker

Edit: even after a restart dsp manager fc's, it fcs on boot up. I am unable to open the app now, but everything else seems solid.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

rooted 1.55.531.3 with clockwork recovery and SU

qwerty3656

Aug 22, 2009
Moving from Stock

My wife's phone has not been rooted until yesterday, so I am trying to catch up. I saw the EXT4 in the 1st post. What is the recomended size? What is the right process for moving apps-to-SD? Is there some utility I should be using? Thanks for any assistance.

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
My wife's phone has not been rooted until yesterday, so I am trying to catch up. I saw the EXT4 in the 1st post. What is the recomended size? What is the right process for moving apps-to-SD? Is there some utility I should be using? Thanks for any assistance.

The ROM It's self is EXT4, so it formats the partitions to EXT4. There isn't any a2sd enabled script wise, also a SD partition is needed for that.

Anything Android 2.2+ has native a2sd which allows you to manually move some app data to the SD card. But It's not the same thing as dark tremors. There are apps on the market like link2sd and others that make this process easier. Imho we don't need a2sd scripts on the DS we have close to 1GB of internal memory for apps anyways.

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
I am seeing this. basically it seems HTC slightly borked that widget in the new stock ROM- when in landscape mode, the graphics for the weather were not showing up. what I had done previously was take that widget from the 1.28.531.9 ROM, and paste it into the new ROM. that fixed the graphics, but led to that bug with the days being 2 days backward phase-shifted, lol. I am not sure if Jkilo used the widget from the earlier ROM or not, but this is the behavior I got when I did that.... it was a choice between 2 little bugs.

No he didn't use anything from other ota updates. It's pure 1.63.531.2 just deodex with a couple other mods.

Reactions: yogi2010

JKILO

Feb 7, 2011
Columbus
Does it have any T-Mo spyware in it?

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

Aamikam removed the loggers and ciq..there still may be a chance but im pretty sure the majority is gone

Pardon my ignorance, how does this differ from bulletproof?

Reduced memory footprint and imo more optimized. I wasnt going for super cool lockrings or any special looks and features other than optimizing stock and making it better. I dont need to sell it to you just run it and decide for yourself which is better..ive used both mine and bulletproof and i think this runs smoother with the exception of dspmanager

Sent from my HTC One V using XDA

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
Would it be OK to delete a few of the items in \system\app like the TMobileTV and a few other things I typically delete anyway after installing? That way they're never installed and I don't have to go removing them later. I'd just rezip it all up and install, correct?

JKILO

Feb 7, 2011
Columbus
Open the zip in 7zip and go to system/app and delete them then wipe and flash..i only have 1 tmobile app in data app for user removal..next release ill fix that and put all tmo apps there

Sent from my HTC One V using XDA

nlarge

Apr 20, 2007
Another bug for me... I turn off mobile view, but i still only get the mobile version of the pages which I hate

Top Liked Posts