[Q] Gnex stucks on Nexus logo

Search This thread

3n3r

Mar 20, 2014
Hello guys, I need your help with the Gnex.

My friend gave me the phone hoping that I can do something. It stucks on nexus logo while booting. USB debugging is turned off, cwm or twrp is not installed. All I can is to enter Android system recovery with the following options: apply update from adb; apply update from usb drive; wipe data factory reset; wipe cache partition.

I've tried wiping cache partition but is doesn't help. Please advice whether wiping data/factory reset will delete the data from internal SD card - I am afraid to lose the photos.

Please advice what should I do to extract data (photos) in my situation?

Thanks in advance to everyone.

memaro_maro

Nov 26, 2013
fastboot? try it first..

change ur boot.img /kernel

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Wajeeh4616

Dec 30, 2013
Karachi
wiping

I don't think that anything can help you except that tool because as you are saying that USB debugging is not enabled

Last edited:
Made wipe data - android loaded but photos are gone.. sad :(

before using device too much, quick go to galaxy nexus general section here, and find thread "internal data recovery, yes we can"
you might be able to recover deleted photos.
the way it works when you delete things, is it just tells os that the space isnt being used, so the actual data might still be there and some may still be recoverable.
it is quite a process though. good luck

Wajeeh4616

Dec 30, 2013
Karachi
Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I'm trying to recover. By the way, do you know what does the phrase from the recover guide "ADB (make sure adb.exe is in your path)" mean? Which path?

The directory from which you are using adb command
As an example if I am using cmd and typing this command then it should be like
E:/>adb fastboot *********
Then my adb file must be in E drive

Last edited:

3n3r

Mar 20, 2014
The directory from which you are using adb command
As an example if I am using cmd and typing this command then it should be like
E:/>adb fastboot *********
Then my adb file must be in E drive

Thank you for your help. I've followed to step 6, but unfortunalely, RAW file is 0 b after creation. I've tried different numbers in this name mmcblk0p12.raw - but with no effect.. Tried to reinstall cygwin, used NetCat file insted of NC - all the same.

Maybe anyone faced this problem with 0 b size of the RAW file? Maybe it's because I have less than 15 Gb of free space on my disk C?

Would be grateful for your advices.

Wajeeh4616

Dec 30, 2013
Karachi
Thank you for your help. I've followed to step 6, but unfortunalely, RAW file is 0 b after creation. I've tried different numbers in this name mmcblk0p12.raw - but with no effect.. Tried to reinstall cygwin, used NetCat file insted of NC - all the same.

Maybe anyone faced this problem with 0 b size of the RAW file? Maybe it's because I have less than 15 Gb of free space on my disk C?

Would be grateful for your advices.

Cant answer your question but can give you an advice....
Leave all this and dont play with your mobile they were only pictures so forget them or else after sometime you will be following a guide to unbrick your phone.

Hakugin

Sep 3, 2013
Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I'm trying to recover. By the way, do you know what does the phrase from the recover guide "ADB (make sure adb.exe is in your path)" mean? Which path?

I'd like to try explaining this a little better. Basically when using a program from the command prompt in any OS the OS needs to know where the program is (this is not just for command prompt, but I digress). There are a few ways of telling the OS where the program you want to use is located.

For example, lets say you have ADB in the folder "android_stuff" on your E drive.
Option 1: Change Directory to the folder, IE: "cd android_stuff"

Option 2: Provide the "full path name" of the program, "e:\android_stuff\adb"

Option 3: Add the folder location to the system "path"

Options 1 and 2 are fairly easy and straightforward, whereas Option 3 can be done in a few ways.

My suggestion is to go with Option 1, its the easiest and all you would have to do is put all of the files you will be using into a single folder.