[Q] Bricked 1/8 2100 and not charging

Search This thread

-Android Freak-

Dec 29, 2008
Hey fellow Omate enthusiasts!

I have unfortunately softbricked my 1/8 2100 a couple of days ago before the news was out that Omate changed something on the device. :rolleyes: Like many others I am now stuck with a device that won't even turn on, at all. :(

I have taken out the battery and charged it with an external charger to 4.2V with a low constant current. Still no sign of life when trying to start the watch or when I try to charge it from the wall charger in the cradle.

I have 2 original spare batteries and even if I get a solid voltage from them the watch still won't react when I plug in the charger in the cradle.

When I try the flash tool the PC and flash tool discovers my watch and begins "downloading/flashing" (red status bar) and then I hear a typical "USB device dissconnect" sound and then nothing happens. :confused:

I'm stuck here... Tried everything I can think of... I don't know what to do. Anyone else got this error?
Thankful for any help. I only hade the device for one day before it went all brick on me. :p

Reactions: L3H0

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
You tried to fastboot boot.img (kernel)?

If you know how to that try it.

You should download firmware for your device, extract boot.img and flash it.

On Sony device we are using fastboot but I guess MTKDroid could help here...

Don't try with full firmware, try only with kernel.
If your device is disconnecting you'll never flash full firmware.

If kernel flashes OK, then try to flash firmware.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

-Android Freak-

Dec 29, 2008
You tried to fastboot boot.img (kernel)?

If you know how to that try it.

You should download firmware for your device, extract boot.img and flash it.

On Sony device we are using fastboot but I guess MTKDroid could help here...

Don't try with full firmware, try only with kernel.
If your device is disconnecting you'll never flash full firmware.

If kernel flashes OK, then try to flash firmware.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Hey!

Thanks for the response. I tried using flash tool (from loki's AllTools) and only flashing boot.img but it get's stuck after 6 seconds when I get the "USB DISCONNECT" sound. Then it keeps reconnecting and disconnecting every other minute. :(

MTKDroid only works when you get the phone/watch to boot or am I mistaken?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey fellow Omate enthusiasts!

I have unfortunately softbricked my 1/8 2100 a couple of days ago before the news was out that Omate changed something on the device. :rolleyes: Like many others I am now stuck with a device that won't even turn on, at all. :(

I have taken out the battery and charged it with an external charger to 4.2V with a low constant current. Still no sign of life when trying to start the watch or when I try to charge it from the wall charger in the cradle.

I have 2 original spare batteries and even if I get a solid voltage from them the watch still won't react when I plug in the charger in the cradle.

When I try the flash tool the PC and flash tool discovers my watch and begins "downloading/flashing" (red status bar) and then I hear a typical "USB device dissconnect" sound and then nothing happens. :confused:

I'm stuck here... Tried everything I can think of... I don't know what to do. Anyone else got this error?
    Thankful for any help. I only hade the device for one day before it went all brick on me. :p