[Q] Blank screen after unlock screen

Search This thread

JohnCPescod

Jun 8, 2014
I have a Lenovo P780 dual sim since 1 month, bought on Amazon Germany, but shipped from China.

Have rooted it and added many other apps and deleted them when I didn't like them. I use the Apex Launcher. It has been perfect up until today. I wanted to move new app icons into the dock area underneath the normal home screens. I bought the Pro version of Apex Launcher because I thought the added functionality would allow me to do this. Whether or not this upgrade is the source of my present problems, I do not know.

The problem I now have is that once I unlock the screen, the normal home screen is now blank. If someone calls me the phone app lights up and I can pick-up and talk normally, later check my contacts, see the call and text logs. After the call, pushing the "Home" button briefly no longer works to bring back the home screen. Pushing the "Home" button for a couple of seconds brings up the running apps and lets me close it, then when returning to the "home" screen its blank.
Swiping down from the top allows me to seeing the settings buttons such as WiFi etc as it was before. I can click on the "Settings" icon to open the settings, but if I try to change the "theme" the app responds every time that it has stopped working.... Swiping back up returns the blank screen.
HELP please !!!

stympy

Feb 15, 2010
Constanta
Lenovo P780
Samsung Galaxy A71
I have a Lenovo P780 dual sim since 1 month, bought on Amazon Germany, but shipped from China.

Have rooted it and added many other apps and deleted them when I didn't like them. I use the Apex Launcher. It has been perfect up until today. I wanted to move new app icons into the dock area underneath the normal home screens. I bought the Pro version of Apex Launcher because I thought the added functionality would allow me to do this. Whether or not this upgrade is the source of my present problems, I do not know.

The problem I now have is that once I unlock the screen, the normal home screen is now blank. If someone calls me the phone app lights up and I can pick-up and talk normally, later check my contacts, see the call and text logs. After the call, pushing the "Home" button briefly no longer works to bring back the home screen. Pushing the "Home" button for a couple of seconds brings up the running apps and lets me close it, then when returning to the "home" screen its blank.
Swiping down from the top allows me to seeing the settings buttons such as WiFi etc as it was before. I can click on the "Settings" icon to open the settings, but if I try to change the "theme" the app responds every time that it has stopped working.... Swiping back up returns the blank screen.
HELP please !!!

Hi. It seems to me that your Apex Launcher have one big proble. Try to install free version and see if this have this problem. Iff not this is a problem... Iff the free Apex have the same problem you need to change your launcher. Search another one on the market.

Reactions: JohnCPescod

JohnCPescod

Jun 8, 2014
Hi. It seems to me that your Apex Launcher have one big proble. Try to install free version and see if this have this problem. Iff not this is a problem... Iff the free Apex have the same problem you need to change your launcher. Search another one on the market.

Sorry Stumpy, but I cannot use your advice. Since I cannot see my home screens, I cannot launch any apps. When I power on my phone I have no access to any apps. However if an email arrives, the GMail email app starts and I can then read and send emails. If I receive a telephone call, the native phone/contact/messages app starts and then I can also use these apps. But I cannot start or see any of the other installed apps, unless it has been prompted to start from outside my phone.

I have backed up all data and applications to my SD card using Titanium Backup before this problem started. I have reset the phone using the internal red button, used the settings menu to restore the data and apps, but nothing helps. I can change the Wallpaper using the Settings icon I can see when I swipe down from the top of the phone but when I try to change the Theme, the Settings app responds with "Unfortunately System UI has stopped". (This always happened since the phone was new - so I then downloaded Apex Launcher to go around this problem)

stympy

Feb 15, 2010
Constanta
Lenovo P780
Samsung Galaxy A71
Sorry Stumpy, but I cannot use your advice. Since I cannot see my home screens, I cannot launch any apps. When I power on my phone I have no access to any apps. However if an email arrives, the GMail email app starts and I can then read and send emails. If I receive a telephone call, the native phone/contact/messages app starts and then I can also use these apps. But I cannot start or see any of the other installed apps, unless it has been prompted to start from outside my phone.

I have backed up all data and applications to my SD card using Titanium Backup before this problem started. I have reset the phone using the internal red button, used the settings menu to restore the data and apps, but nothing helps. I can change the Wallpaper using the Settings icon I can see when I swipe down from the top of the phone but when I try to change the Theme, the Settings app responds with "Unfortunately System UI has stopped". (This always happened since the phone was new - so I then downloaded Apex Launcher to go around this problem)

Hi again. Please tell me what rom do you use. Do you have custom recovery like TWRP or CWM?

Reactions: JohnCPescod

JohnCPescod

Jun 8, 2014
Hi again. Please tell me what rom do you use. Do you have custom recovery like TWRP or CWM?

Hi Stumpy

I managed to get my phone back!
I used my desktop computer to send myself an email with a link to another launcher (Go Launcher). When the email arrived on my phone I could then click on the link which gave me the chance to open the link using Google Play and then install the new launcher. Once the new launcher was installed, I could see everything again, except that I then needed to put all the apps back in the right places. Wow am I happy !!

Thanks for your time and trying to help me!!

stympy

Feb 15, 2010
Constanta
Lenovo P780
Samsung Galaxy A71
Hi Stumpy

I managed to get my phone back!
I used my desktop computer to send myself an email with a link to another launcher (Go Launcher). When the email arrived on my phone I could then click on the link which gave me the chance to open the link using Google Play and then install the new launcher. Once the new launcher was installed, I could see everything again, except that I then needed to put all the apps back in the right places. Wow am I happy !!

Thanks for your time and trying to help me!!

I am glad that you manage to resolve the problem. Be carefull next time when you spend money on apps. Try free versions first time and install custom recovery for your phone. They are the best thing for backup.

Sent from my Lenovo P780 with LiFe v.07

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

HELP please !!!