[Q] Android on idevice

Search This thread

otavio15

Jun 10, 2014
Hi everybody

I'm an andoid user. I have a galaxy s4 on 4.3.2. and an iPad 2 with ios 7.1.1.

I hate ios, because it is not as free as android. So, is there anyway to install android on ipad?

Two years ago there was iboot, but I think it doesnt exist anymore

Sell my iPad and buy an android tablet is really not an option

gallardo5

Apr 8, 2011
Glasgow
Hi everybody

I'm an andoid user. I have a galaxy s4 on 4.3.2. and an iPad 2 with ios 7.1.1.

I hate ios, because it is not as free as android. So, is there anyway to install android on ipad?

Two years ago there was iboot, but I think it doesnt exist anymore

Sell my iPad and buy an android tablet is really not an option

I have seen lots of people asking for it across the forum, but everytime the answer was no, so I would assume there is no option for that. But Im not 100% sure, maybe someone will come up with solution ;) the main problem would be bootloader which is locked, what makes it impossible to flash amother kernel, and Android kernel is needed to boot android, it would not work on apple kernel.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

NakotaD

Apr 29, 2014
I have seen lots of people asking for it across the forum, but everytime the answer was no, so I would assume there is no option for that. But Im not 100% sure, maybe someone will come up with solution ;) the main problem would be bootloader which is locked, what makes it impossible to flash amother kernel, and Android kernel is needed to boot android, it would not work on apple kernel.

I remember when they started doing this.. i really wanted rockbox on my 4th gen nano but they just started locking the bootloaders.. the stock firmware started showing the wrong title for songs and.. now i have an HTC

otavio15

Jun 10, 2014
ios sucks. there is no freedom. you can't use tasker, you can't connect to some bluetooth devices, you can't do anything

I really don't understand how can people like apple

Anyway, I think everybody would appreciate if a dev comes out with a solution, if it is possible of course.

Irwenzhao

Nov 23, 2013
Singapore

I don't think the bootloader is even compatible. Hey, the kernel needs modifications to work on Apple hardware too. Without the source codes, it's impossible.

ios sucks. there is no freedom. you can't use tasker, you can't connect to some bluetooth devices, you can't do anything

I really don't understand how can people like apple

Anyway, I think everybody would appreciate if a dev comes out with a solution, if it is possible of course.

What? Some Bluetooth devices don't work with Apple devices?

P.S. People who like apple=they dislike customization/too noob for advanced customization.

N7105 rocking AOSB with AGNi kernel,
Click "Thanks" if I was of any help!