[Q] [question] HE modem and ROM choice

Search This thread

iclickjohn

Jan 7, 2008
Saint Clair
Firstly, sorry I had posted same question in (I don't know where). But I need to post it here in Verizon.

I have installed HE update, Rooted, Unlocked, IMEI backed up, Recovery installed.

#1 Do custom ROMS include the baseband or not? Meaning, does it override the HE I have installed?
#2 Do ROMS need to be specifically designed for HE baseband, for me to flash them and work properly?
Thanks.

PS I am waiting for the Milestone release of AOKP, how will I know if it is made for the HE, will mess up because of me having HE? Is it buried in the AOKP change log, or does the developer control that?

CKtheProblem

Jul 15, 2012
I may be wrong, but as far as I know, AOSP ROMs (including AOKP) don't build for a particular radio. Until we get an official Verizon TouchWiz jellybean update, the RIL and other networking tweaks in AOSP roms are made from scratch, and should work with any radio. Some radios may work better or worse for you with any given ROM, so you might as well try them all until you find the one that works best for you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Papa Smurf151

Feb 24, 2010
Atlanta
First things first....You didnt know where to post a question....there is a q&a section where you posted....dont be ignorant.

Thread moved to q&a.

Top Liked Posts