[Q] native email widget - not magazine ux

Search This thread

KCRickSS

Oct 24, 2008
Got the 12.2 yesterday and quickly decide Touchwiz had to go. I decide to use an alternate launcher and setup email and calendar widgets. Lo and behold...there is no native email widget anymore! What the heck is Samsung thinking? It doesn't exist in Touchwiz or any other launcher I've tried. :(

I really like the email client tweaks but not tw nor magazine ux. I can't believe Sammy removed the native widget and force you to use mag-ux to see email list on home screen. Root might help because emailwidget supposedly works with root but i haven't tried it yet. I'm trying to hold off rooting until we have some more root/rom options.

Any ideas or alternatives?

baddison

Aug 11, 2006
USA
What other solutions and/or recommendations are there for native email and calendar widgets?? I am using Nova Launcher, so no Mag UX for me, and therefore no widgets for email and calendar.

ericbergan

Sep 22, 2007
I'm using K-9, and really pleased with it. In fact, went back and installed it on my Note 2 and Xoom (which doesn't see much use anymore.)

machina2

Nov 28, 2008
This is indeed the worst surprise on this tablet. I had the habit to use the great email widget on my other Sansung tablets and phones and now I discover it is not available on the Note Pro.

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
I've switched to Aqua mail on the advice of someone in another thread and its widgets are perfect for me. Check it out.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

machina2

Nov 28, 2008
I found it!!

it is not a widget for the Welcome page. but a widget for the new samsung business page...

That's already a good finding.

hsound

Sep 16, 2008
Just got my 12.2 today and try to configure it like my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1... couldn't find the eMail (multi-account) widget...
I'm very disappointed that they remove this. I like to have it in my Homepage with my Google Calendar and Tasks manager (GTask).

Come on Sammy, put it back !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Personally I like keeping my email clients separate.

My ISP uses POP, for which I currently use Aqua.

I use stock Gmail app for Gmail.

For my exchange email at work I use Touchdown HD.