[Fix} Ril Files To Fix Loss Of IMEI Due To Wrong Kernel/Firmware Combo

Search This thread

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Ril Files To Fix Loss Of IMEI
Due To Wrong Kernel/Firmware Combo

I constantly see people saying they have lost their IMEI after flashing a custom rom so here is why

If you are using a new firmware baseband which stock kernel uses the new ramdisk and then you either

Flash a custom rom based on old firmware that had a kernel that used an old ramdisk
Flash a kernel that uses the old ramdisk
All the above reversed

You will loose imei

The solution is simply to flash the correct ril file depending on your kernel/rom/baseband combination

If you are on a new firmware using an old kernel you will most likely need to flash Ril 3 but you can try them all

Please dont post things saying which one will I need - try them all if you want - Anyone who posts asking which one do I need will be told to read the first post

If none work you will have to change your kernel/stock rom baseband

These are for stock based roms only - There is no need to change ril file on cm7/9 as you will be using biels kernel and rom - If you loose imei there change your stock firmware baseband

How to flash the file
Go into CWM
Mount system
Flash the ril zip
Restart

Attachments

• Ril_1_XXMK1.zip
    350.6 KB · Views: 6,051
  • Ril_2_DDMD1.zip
    350.6 KB · Views: 4,997
  • Ril_3_Old_Firmware.zip
    350.5 KB · Views: 6,720
  • Ril_4_DDMJ1.zip
    350.6 KB · Views: 5,167
Last edited:

Himan Boro

Jul 31, 2013
Guwahati

I constantly see people saying they have lost their IMEI after flashing a custom rom so here is why

If you are using a new firmware baseband which stock kernel uses the new ramdisk and then you either

Flash a custom rom based on old firmware that had a kernel that used an old ramdisk
All the above reversed

You will loose imei

The solution is simply to flash the correct ril file depending on your kernel/rom/baseband combination

If you are on a new firmware using an old kernel you will most likely need to flash Ril 3 but you can try them all

Please dont post things saying which one will I need - try them all if you want - Anyone who posts asking which one do I need will be told to read the first post

These are for stock based roms only - There is no need to change ril file on cm7/9 as you will be using biels kernel and rom - If you loose imei there change your stock firmware baseband

How to flash the file
Go into CWM
Mount system
Flash the ril zip
Restart

:) nice job...thats the one i needed

Last edited:
Reactions: PurushothRokr

darw93

Aug 1, 2014

All the above reversed

You will loose imei

How to flash the file
Go into CWM
Mount system
Flash the ril zip
Restart

No working in my SGY!!! Solution for my!!! Pleace!!!

Sent from my T1J using XDA Free mobile app

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
No working in my SGY!!! Solution for my!!! Pleace!!!

Sent from my T1J using XDA Free mobile app

Read the first thread fully!!

it will work if you follow all instructions - including using the correct firmware/baseband with your kernel (the kernel MUST be for stock roms) and is for stock roms only!!

RinaSamad

Sep 10, 2014

All the above reversed

You will loose imei

How to flash the file
Go into CWM
Mount system
Flash the ril zip
Restart

edit

i have this.... what should i do next do i have to flash rill to get my imei "not registered on network"syndrome?

Himan Boro

Jul 31, 2013
Guwahati
i flashed DXLL1 deodexed stock Rom ..
but i got This popup
not registered On network

i flashed every zip but its not Working

any solution??

Eziogamer

Sep 13, 2014
How to fix ril bug on ported rom? That is porting an cm12 rom to another cm12 rom in which ril is not working....

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
How to fix ril bug on ported rom? That is porting an cm12 rom to another cm12 rom in which ril is not working....

If the ril doesn't work on the Base porting a rom will not help

You will need to build a working ril and kernel from source in your base rom

I don't have coding knowledge so can't help you with that

If ril does work on the Base rom make sure you have ported it correctly including making sure the build prop is pointing to the correct ril properties

Eziogamer

Sep 13, 2014

If ril does work on the Base rom make sure you have ported it correctly including making sure the build prop is pointing to the correct ril properties

RIL is working on moto g... So which all files should i copy

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
RIL is working on moto g... So which all files should i copy

Then you haven't ported it correctly

The build.prop properties are (at least for the 4g version)

# Use reference RIL for initial bringup
#rild.libpath=/system/lib/libreference-ril.so
rild.libpath=/vendor/lib/libril-qc-qmi-1.so
rild.libargs=-d /dev/smd0
persist.rild.nitz_plmn=
persist.rild.nitz_long_ons_0=
persist.rild.nitz_long_ons_1=
persist.rild.nitz_long_ons_2=
persist.rild.nitz_long_ons_3=
persist.rild.nitz_short_ons_0=
persist.rild.nitz_short_ons_1=
persist.rild.nitz_short_ons_2=
persist.rild.nitz_short_ons_3=
ril.subscription.types=NV,RUIM
DEVICE_PROVISIONED=1
persist.radio.msgtunnel.start=false

This isn't the thread to discuss this
This is a galaxy y gt-s5360 thread
I will not answer any more off topic questions about this

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

All the above reversed

You will loose imei

How to flash the file
    Go into CWM
    Mount system
    Flash the ril zip
    Restart

All the above reversed

You will loose imei

How to flash the file
    Go into CWM
    Mount system
    Flash the ril zip
    Restart

please remove/hide the entire quote of the first post
    i flashed DXLL1 deodexed stock Rom ..
    but i got This popup
    not registered On network

i flashed every zip but its not Working

any solution??

you probably need to change your kernel or baseband by flashing the correct modem file via odin