Tab S 8.4 compared to Tab Pro 8.4

Search This thread

Bigmille

May 23, 2008
London
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Hi all,

Currently I have the Tab Pro 8.4, and have the chance to return it to the shop and buy the Tab S 8.4 for £40 extra.

However, after playing with the Tab S in the shop and reading reviews online, I do have some pros and cons of “upgrading” from the Tab Pro the Tab S I hope forum members can help me with.

The Screen on the Tab S is great for watch YouTube and Netflix which is what I do most of the time on the tablet. However, I also take the tablet on holiday with me to review pictures taken with camera and watch media under direct sun light. The lower brightness of the Tab S and the cartoonish look of the screen makes it not as good as the Tab Pro.

The Snapdragon 800 in the Tab Pro seems to be faster compared to the Samsung SOC in the Tab S according to reviews. The Snapdragon 800 also looks to have a major advantages when comes to graphic performance. This is important to me as I use the tablet to play graphic intensive games such as GTA, N.O.V.A and large RPG games.

The other advantages the Tab S have such as finger scan, smaller, lighter body and 1GB of extra RAM are not a major concern to me.

So, are there any Tab Pro users changed to Tab S and are happy with the screen and graphic provenance?

Many thanks

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
Hi all,

Currently I have the Tab Pro 8.4, and have the chance to return it to the shop and buy the Tab S 8.4 for £40 extra.

However, after playing with the Tab S in the shop and reading reviews online, I do have some pros and cons of “upgrading” from the Tab Pro the Tab S I hope forum members can help me with.

The Screen on the Tab S is great for watch YouTube and Netflix which is what I do most of the time on the tablet. However, I also take the tablet on holiday with me to review pictures taken with camera and watch media under direct sun light. The lower brightness of the Tab S and the cartoonish look of the screen makes it not as good as the Tab Pro.

The Snapdragon 800 in the Tab Pro seems to be faster compared to the Samsung SOC in the Tab S according to reviews. The Snapdragon 800 also looks to have a major advantages when comes to graphic performance. This is important to me as I use the tablet to play graphic intensive games such as GTA, N.O.V.A and large RPG games.

The other advantages the Tab S have such as finger scan, smaller, lighter body and 1GB of extra RAM are not a major concern to me.

So, are there any Tab Pro users changed to Tab S and are happy with the screen and graphic provenance?

Many thanks

If you set the Display Mode to Cinema you lose the overblown cartoonish look. Reds become more red and less orange.

30Seconds

Jul 25, 2012
Had some time to go back to the dealer and spend some time with the Tab Pro 8.4 and after some comparison I feel the Tab S is the better device. There is little doubt that the super amoled on the Tab S is superior, the screen on the Tab Pro seems like just another LCD screen. I thought I could make the pixels out more easily on the Tab Pro, where with the Tab S you cannot see any pixels without a magnifier. My main interest in looking at the Tab Pro is that I thought the lower contrast on the screen might be better for watching video, but after using it for a bit I don't think it's superior at all.

Another issue is the thinner Tab S seems like a much more modern device, even though the difference is less than 1 mm. There is something about that fake leather look on the Tab Pro that makes it look very dated.

Anyways in my case I will be keeping the Tab S.

jball

Jan 7, 2012
Amber
I only wish that they kept the Snapdragon but I assume when development kicks off we will enjoy possible overclocking of all 8 cores.

Nexus 5 via Tapatalk

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
Since I use the Samsung book cover on my 10.5 I had almost forgotten how incredibly thin and light this device is naked. Any lighter and it would actually be difficult to maintain a firm grip on it.

P. S. Once it's broken in a bit the cover is much easier to take on an off than the first time.

Top Liked Posts