[Xposed] - Enable Network Activity Indicators

Search This thread

nicedream06

Nov 4, 2010
Pennsylvania
I've made a small Xposed module that enables the network activity indicators on the wifi and mobile data icons in the status bar for the Motorola Moto X. Even though GravityBox provides this feature, it doesn't work for the Moto X due to differences in the SystemUI code.

Screenshots:
mobile_data.png

wifi_data.png

It has been tested on the Moto X for T-Mobile, Verizon, and Republic Wireless. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work on other model, but you never know. If anyone tests it on a different model, please report your results back to me.

Download: MotoXNetActivity.apk

Source code

Last edited:

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
I've made a small Xposed module that enables the network activity indicators on the wifi and mobile data icons in the status bar for the Motorola Moto X. Even though GravityBox provides this feature, it doesn't work for the Moto X due to differences in the SystemUI code.

Screenshots:
View attachment 2850972

View attachment 2850973

It has been tested on the Moto X for T-Mobile, Verizon, and Republic Wireless. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work on other model, but you never know. If anyone tests it on a different model, please report your results back to me.

Source will posted on github shortly, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

The gravitybox feature works fine for me.... Would you like to see a screenshot? I'm on republic wireless. It looks exactly like the pictures you have posted.

nicedream06

Nov 4, 2010
Pennsylvania

nicedream06

Nov 4, 2010
Pennsylvania
It probably won't work on anything but the stock rom, because it overrides specific things in the stock SystemUI. But if you are on a 3rd party rom, the feature in GravityBox probably will work.

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

andrug

May 20, 2014
GravityBox indicators technically work for me on stock 4.4.4. but they are commonly laid over other status bar icons or have other icons cover them up making visibility poor, looking forward to testing this out. Thanks

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Screenshots:
    mobile_data.png

wifi_data.png

Source code
    No need to post a screenshot. If GravityBox works for you, then there is no sense in using this mod. I don't have a Republic Wireless model to test on, but for the T-Mobile/GSM unlocked version GravityBox definitely does not work for this feature.

Thanks for the clarification and for you contribution! I was not aware it didn't work on XT1053... :)
    Work fine in my moto g stock rom thanks.
    It works, but not being able to use SignalIconsAOSP is a deal breaker.
    Tapatalk app won't let me thank you, so here's the real thing - thanks. Gravity Box mod wasn't doing it for me, but this worked great.
    Thanks!