[Q] LG G2 Sprint Kitkat 4.4 Sensor troubles (International without Activation)

Search This thread

nk4002r

May 1, 2014
I am in New Zealand and using an LS-980 (cheapest G2 with FM I could find). I am a bit of a novice: this is my 2nd LS-980, because the D801 unclock and OTA bricked the first one... I am running stock rom ZVC and none of the sensors (promity, light and rotation) work. I've tried the following remedies:

1) I've downgraded back to ZV8 - sensors work fine, applied Spark patch ZVA - still OK. I am loosing it in ZVC only.
2) I've tested that this has nothing to do with the carrier patch that I use to unlock this.
3) Also tested installing the ZVA.tot direct - same results.

I believe it is to do with the lack of activation - previous roms came with the Sprint branding and the Kitkat has the standard LG boot logo (which in itself is great and I don't want to change the boot animation itself). I have root access and have removed some Sprint bloatware... Did anybody else experience the same after Kitkat upgrade? Could anybody point me to the right direction, how to enable the sensors?

EpicBarbecue

Jun 9, 2011
MARYLAND
You need the patched kernel i believe to get the sensors working not 100% sure though

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nk4002r

May 1, 2014
Thanks, I've searched the forum and was only able to find patched kernel references for customs roms. I am running stock and hope to stick with stock - including bootloader, because I've already bricked one phone with the twrp and ota (prior knowing what the acronym even stood for)!

nk4002r

May 1, 2014
I've found something interesting. The ZVA build prop had the following section:

# qualcomm sensors enable
#
ro.qualcomm.sensors.qmd=true
ro.qc.sdk.sensors.gestures=true
ro.qualcomm.sensors.pedometer=true
ro.qualcomm.sensors.pam=true
ro.qualcomm.sensors.scrn_ortn=true

On my ZVC I've got all these settings commented out:

# qualcomm sensors enable
#
# LGE CHANGE_S, 2013-10-29, G2-Task-Sensor@lge.com
# below sensor is default true by HAL source.
#ro.qualcomm.sensors.qmd=true
#ro.qc.sdk.sensors.gestures=true
#ro.qualcomm.sensors.pedometer=true
#ro.qc.sensors.step_detector=true
#ro.qc.sensors.step_counter=true
#ro.qualcomm.sensors.pam=true
#ro.qualcomm.sensors.scrn_ortn=true
#ro.qualcomm.sensors.smd=true
#ro.qualcomm.sensors.game_rv=true
#ro.qualcomm.sensors.georv=true
# LGE CHANGE_E, 2013-10-29, G2-Task-Sensor@lge.com

The comment is interesting as well - possibly the settings are not needed in build prop, because they should be on anyway?

Attempted to uncomment them, but the phone does not boot up - it gets passed the 1st LG logo and then loops the blue-green led flashes, but screen stays black and doesn't turn on...

nk4002r

May 1, 2014
Fixed - hardware issue !!

This is really bad. I've tried the ZV8 again and sure enough - sensors are not working! So it must be hardware issue. Really bad - I've been experimenting with it, somehow the motherboard doesn't sit perfectly and as soon as you install the cover screws, the sensor is OFF. Otherwise properly plugged in. I've started testing it partially built - that is why I lost the functionality. Now if I can just rebuild it, I will be super happy. :cowboy: Sorry for the post - I've been trying to fix it for 2 weeks now...